Duke4.net Forums: E2L2 Turret - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E2L2 Turret

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I don't know what it is with this turret, but half the time it manages to get itself stuck inside the wall where it becomes effectively invincible. This happens regardless of mods or maphacks, despite what I thought previously (sorry, Dan).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0057.png

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think I have seen this happen with other turrets that used to work, as well. It's definitely worth investigating.

Does this still happen in AA? I thought I had fixed it by editing the map.

EDIT: I just checked the level in the latest AA and it isn't the map I fixed, someone reverted the level back to the old version.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 09 July 2021 - 06:00 PM

I just fixed and uploaded it for AA. But from testing you can see the turret moves slightly to different spots each time I play I guess that depends on when the drones get shot up and explode next to it forcing it to move? That would explain why it was getting stuck, as it was so close to the wall, when it moved it shifted into the wall.

Right now that's the only real theory. The question is why are they suddenly experiencing knockback when they're supposed to be stationary?

Actually I wonder if this is related to the currently wonked RPG damage and how it seems to push enemies outside of the impact itself (so that it doesn't take the impact damage).

https://voidpoint.io...e32/-/issues/28

Has nothing to do with the explosion. The turret is pushed by the presence of the drone itself, at the time of map load. It will always be in the correct spot on lower difficulties because the drone in question won't spawn.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 10 July 2021 - 12:06 AM

But then why is it that sometimes the turret doesn't go in the wall, even on CGS? It just kinda...happens, and then it also just kinda doesn't.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

In any case, a turret should not be getting moved by a drone. Moreover, this seems to be a new problem. It would have been noticed many years ago if the turret in that level was often stuck in the ceiling on CGS (the most commonly selected difficulty).

This problem will be fixed with upcoming patches btw.

User is offline   NNC 

I always thought this turret is entirely pointless and it gets blown up all the time by the nearby drones.

View PostThe Watchtower, on 11 August 2021 - 04:04 AM, said:

I always thought this turret is entirely pointless and it gets blown up all the time by the nearby drones.

It's slightly more of a threat on the lower difficulties (mostly POC), where I guess it's supposed to take you by surprise while you're fighting the drone(s). And since higher difficulties don't remove enemies unlike in the Doom engine, the turret is just kinda stuck there to get blown up.

Should be fixed in r9569

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options