Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D - Enhanced Resource Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D - Enhanced Resource Pack

User is online   Phredreeke 

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Duke Nukum Nukem series, I am releasing the first version of the Duke Nukem 3D Enhanced Resource Pack.

I've uploaded it to ModDB and the file is now awaiting authorisation Until then you can download it from MEGA

A very special thanks to NukeYKT, who created the indexed hightiles build of EDuke32 that makes this possible. Classic and Polymost are supported.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Great! I saw a preview of this and its very impressive. What is the status of the indexed hightiles feature with regard to the current build of Eduke32? I want to use it in my projects but only if its in r9457 (most recent as of this post).

Thanks! Wonderful!

User is offline   jkas789 

Pretty fucking awesome!

It was a long process and is almost done, Congrats!!! The smiling stripper and her lipstick looks perfect now Posted Image, plus this works on old revisions as well.

There's something weird i've noticed, idk if i did something wrong:

-All the keycards looks fine 'til the player pick'em up, then they became blue in the HUD and when they are inserted are blue too.
-The blood leaked by dead monsters is green.
-All the strippers wear blue clothes.
-Disco/Karaoke rooms-like have no more red and blue lights.
-Some lava/waterfalls are mixed

Some of these things: Attached File  idk.7z (685.89K)
Number of downloads: 345

All of this experienced in the latest r9457, but i don't think this matters.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 01 July 2021 - 12:08 AM

Vacation uses L.A. skybox instead of blue sky

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by Blood Vengeance: 01 July 2021 - 01:16 AM

View PostThe Battlelord, on 01 July 2021 - 12:00 AM, said:

It was a long process and is almost done, Congrats!!! The smiling stripper and her lipstick looks perfect now Posted Image, plus this works on old revisions as well.There's something weird i've noticed, idk if i did something wrong:-All the keycards looks fine 'til the player pick'em up, then they became blue in the HUD and when they are inserted are blue too.-The blood leaked by dead monsters is green.-All the strippers wear blue clothes.-Disco/Karaoke rooms-like have no more red and blue lights.-Some lava/waterfalls are mixedSome of these things: Attachment idk.7z All of this experienced in the latest r9457, but i don't think this matters.

Yes, this is what happens when you run it in a build without indexed hightiles. Only the included build is supported

View PostBlood Vengeance, on 01 July 2021 - 01:14 AM, said:

Vacation uses L.A. skybox instead of blue sky

Life's a Beach and Nuclear Winter aren't supported.

Totally my fault, i was so excited to try it out that haven't understood the point about the support with the included build.

One thing that i really like is the bonus, those glowing red eyes make the troopers looks quite angry, i know it is just aesthetic, but imagine doing the same thing to all monsters, well most will be glowing red eyes, exception for the Enforcer with yellow eyes, Overlord with dark yellow/orange eyes and Cycloid Emperor dark amber eyes or something.Oh well, just an idea if you'll ever take it in considaration.

Keep it up!

Thing about the liztroop is the original never came out particularly great in the upscale. So at one point I decided to remake the liztroop's face in the style of Duke 64. This was shipped with upscale packs 1.2 and 1.3. However for the sake of authenticity I edited the face to look more like the PC version for ERP (smaller non-fullbright eyes) But I like the other version enough to include as a bonus.

Did you like the other bonus btw? :P

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 July 2021 - 07:36 AM, said:

Thing about the liztroop is the original never came out particularly great in the upscale. So at one point I decided to remake the liztroop's face in the style of Duke 64. This was shipped with upscale packs 1.2 and 1.3. However for the sake of authenticity I edited the face to look more like the PC version for ERP (smaller non-fullbright eyes) But I like the other version enough to include as a bonus.

Yep, i remember you said the first time you worked on it, it looked a bit off, so you had to re-adjust again which may sounds easy, instead there are 32 damn just for the troopers, chapeau.

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 July 2021 - 07:36 AM, said:

Did you like the other bonus btw? :P

What? Nah, what are you talking about, what bonus?
Oh, you mean boobnus, who does not like the boobnus? Posted Image

Today in news I did not expect, Raze is going to support indexed hightiles. I have no idea about the implementation but having more than one port support it is only a good thing.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 13 July 2021 - 12:19 AM

User is offline   GemaH 

-All the keycards looks fine 'til the player pick'em up, then they became blue in the HUD and when they are inserted are blue too.
-The blood leaked by dead monsters is green.
-All the strippers wear blue clothes.
-Disco/Karaoke rooms-like have no more red and blue lights.
-Some lava/waterfalls are mixed

Noticed some of these issues too.

Also, all the billiard balls in the 2nd map use the same colors.

Otherwise this looks good.

This post has been edited by GemaH: 16 July 2021 - 05:49 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 01 July 2021 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yes, this is what happens when you run it in a build without indexed hightiles. Only the included build is supported

^This

You guys need to learn to read. There is an included exe with the pack that has a special feature called indexed hightiles which enables palette swaps to work on HD sprites/textures. Mainline Eduke32 builds *do not* have this feature yet.

User is offline   GemaH 

View PostDanukem, on 16 July 2021 - 05:52 PM, said:

^This

You guys need to learn to read. There is an included exe with the pack that has a special feature called indexed hightiles which enables palette swaps to work on HD sprites/textures. Mainline Eduke32 builds *do not* have this feature yet.

That means this mod is not compatible with any Raze build, right?

Damn... the included build has terrible gamepad support :(

This post has been edited by GemaH: 16 July 2021 - 09:17 PM

User is offline   GemaH 

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 July 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

Today in news I did not expect, Raze is going to support indexed hightiles. I have no idea about the implementation but having more than one port support it is only a good thing.

Yeah but will it be possible for Raze to enable more than one mod at the same time? Both upscaled textures and voxels?

I haven't managed to do it yet, not sure if i'm doing something wrong.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGemaH, on 16 July 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

That means this mod is not compatible with any Raze build, right?

Damn... the included build has terrible gamepad support :(

It is compatible Raze, because that feature was quickly added to Raze.

As for gamepad support...yes, that is something that got improved in EDuke32 very recently. For that and other recent improvements to work, I am waiting for indexed hightiles to be integrated into mainline Eduke32 before I try using it with my projects.

User is offline   GemaH 

View PostDanukem, on 16 July 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

It is compatible Raze, because that feature was quickly added to Raze.

I tried the latest nightly (15 July) and still has the issues mentioned a few posts above.

This post has been edited by GemaH: 16 July 2021 - 10:50 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGemaH, on 16 July 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

I tried the latest nightly (15 July) and still has the issues mentioned a few posts above.

My bad, I mis-remembered Phredreeke's earlier post. He said that Raze will be supporting the feature, he did not say that it did already.

User is offline   GemaH 

In the git page it says "- support for indexed hightiles." and "- allow palette emulation for indexed hightiles", committed 11 hours ago.

So i guess it should be in the next dev build.

Question is, there are two zip files to use, one with the upscaled textures and another with the voxels. Is it possible to load both at the same time in Raze?

This post has been edited by GemaH: 17 July 2021 - 12:44 AM

Raze will not run the ERP as-is. When the next stable release comes out I will upload a repackaged version that will load as simple as dropping the zip file on top of the Raze executable. The downside will be that it loses the modular aspect of the current version. I've not decided how to do future ERP releases yet. There's also the matter of SmoothDuke which in all likelihood will be exclusive to EDuke32

Repackaged version for Raze is now available (next time I'll make one release that runs on both ports, but this was the quickest way to do it right now)

https://www.moddb.co...e-pack-for-raze

User is offline   GemaH 

View PostPhredreeke, on 17 July 2021 - 06:46 PM, said:

Repackaged version for Raze is now available (next time I'll make one release that runs on both ports, but this was the quickest way to do it right now)

https://www.moddb.co...e-pack-for-raze

Does this have the "bonus" sprites? :P

Or we can transfer them from the other pack?

You can copy the files from the upscale folder in the bonus zips into the upscale folder in the repacked zip. I didn't think to include them here.

Will you make a version that covers also Vacation, Nuclear Winter and World Tour like you did with the first versions of the upscale?

The plan is for the next version to support Life's a Beach. I also need to finish textures and sprites used in The Birth.

When it comes to Nuclear Winter, the quality of the current upscales are not really what I'd be happy including with the ERP
As for World Tour, I don't know how upscales would interact with the normal textures and dynamic lights. Not the mention the very lacklustre episode boss (I've had people suggest replacing it with a new sprite, which sounds great but I'm not the guy for that)

On the plus side, the ERP will also be compatible with a fairly large library of user addons (I've been parsing through the EDuke32 addon compilation to determine what can be supported)

There's also the Blood upscale pack which I want to get a new version out of as well (using it in anything other than BloodGDX right now is a bit messy)

User is offline   Avenger 

I thought this was essentially an upscale pack with optional voxels?

It instead appears to be a voxel pack with additional upscales.

I'm sure you're aware of how voxels lead to a severe performance hit on older hardware and if you choose to remove the voxels from this pack then a significant amount of assets are returned to stock...

Edit:

Was your old project of just upscales ever finished?

https://www.moddb.co...ack-13/#7886453

This post has been edited by Avenger: 30 July 2021 - 08:25 PM

ERP uses indexed hightiles, this means it will only work in Raze and the upscale branch of EDuke32.
Upscale Pack instead has separate images for each palette swap, this means it will work in any port with def language.

ERP is meant as a more complete package, as using multiple mods in eduke32 involves manual editing of def files.
I'm not going to remove voxels, if players don't want them it's as easy as writing r_voxels 0 in the port's console.

I'm also not planning to bring the entire texture set into the upscale pack as that would involve parsing through map files to find which tiles are used with what palettes.

User is offline   Avenger 

Was the upscale pack ever finished?

Or is there still some stock sprites and textures?

What you linked to is the latest version. The ERP pretty much continues it (but for technical reasons the first release was limited to the base game, the next release will add support for Life's a Beach)

Whether I do another version of the standalone upscale pack depends on whether or not BuildGDX adds support for indexed hightiles. If it does I'll just add the necessary defs to the ERP. If it doesn't then I will probably do another release (a lot of sprites from the upscale pack received further updates in the ERP) - it would still be limited to mainly sprites with some signs and switches

Wow, just tested the ERP and I'm very impressed and looking forward to the next version already. I mentioned this earlier but maybe use the HRP skyboxes/textures as inspiration? Because the colours really exploded off the screen and looked amazing.

In any case, nice work, lads B)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options