Duke4.net Forums: def useage for models - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

def useage for models

User is offline   Mark 

I was browsing thru the wiki for some coding inspiration. I ran across something new and something I forgot about from a while back. They are not well documented so I have a question on their purpose and/or usage.

Under "models" in the DEF section there are listings for forcefilter and artquality. What do they do and how do I use them?

The other thing is a mention of using the pal command to change to a different model. This is different than using pal to change model skins which I am already familiar with. Its not clear to me how to use that feature.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The forcefilter token forces filtering to always be on for that texture. It's mainly for menu fonts, and I don't have an example of why you would use it on a model skin. The artquality token means "with regard to nocompress and nodownsize, treat this texture just like an ART tile". It was meant for the Duke 64 mod. Same comment about lack of relevance to model skins.

The pal command for models was added so the HRP could have icicles on frozen (pal 1) enemies.

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks. So I should be able to see how to use the pal command by looking at the HRP defs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options