Duke4.net Forums: Doucheworld reaches new low in their witch hunting retardation - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doucheworld reaches new low in their witch hunting retardation

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

“Beware that, when fighting idiots, you yourself do not become an idiot... for when you gaze long into the stupid, the stupid gazes also into you.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostForge, on 21 July 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm very disappointed it doesn't loop properly

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostCartaphilus, on 22 July 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

“Beware that, when fighting idiots, you yourself do not become an idiot... for when you gaze long into the stupid, the stupid gazes also into you.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Misattributing Nietzsche for humor is at least morally better than what his sister did.

You're a better human being than his sister, who I consider complete lowlife scum.

Congratulations.

User is offline   jkas789 

This thread was such a trash fire. I loved it! Getting back on topic, does anyone have the original uncensored doom map that started the thread?

View PostHigh Treason, on 11 July 2020 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm not sure why the guy's go for nurses, maybe they're easy? Maybe they're not home often? No idea.

I think I can answer that for you mate, and the answer is yes. At least in my country (which ain't the US). IRL I'm a doctor and while there is sexism in the field there is also a serious problem of women entering both into medicine and nursing to "husband hunt". Also female nurses are surprisingly easy to woo, you just have to be a mildly successful doctor and even if you are a ugly bastard you will have them hanging off your arms.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Russian Doomers to the rescue I guess? https://i.iddqd.ru/v...opic.php?t=1712

Thanks Phredreeke! Interestingly enough this seems to be a TC? Does gameplay + Map mod count as a total conversion?

I'll give it a spin and see how it goes.

Edit: Also yeah, Russian Doomers are pretty cool. I dig the old school design for the website as well.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 10 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Total Conversion is a bit of an older term, that tends to apply to mods that sell themselves as a new game, totally replacing all the content of the original game, converting it to a new one but still requiring the original game in some form to play.

Counter Strike, Chex Quest, HacX, Aliens TC (Doom), and Star Ship Troopers (DN3D) are notable examples. So basically, all TCs are mods, but not all mods are TCs. It's really fallen out of a favour as a term in the past 5-10 years.

View Post/Defiatron\, on 10 August 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

Total Conversion is a bit of an older term, that tends to apply to mods that sell themselves as a new game, totally replacing all the content of the original game, converting it to a new one but still requiring the original game in some form to play.

Counter Strike, Chex Quest, HacX, Aliens TC (Doom), and Star Ship Troopers (DN3D) are notable examples. So basically, all TCs are mods, but not all mods are TCs. It's really fallen out of a favour as a term in the past 5-10 years.

Holy shit Counter Strike was a TC?! I though they just used the same engine of Half Life to make the game.

Huh! The more you know. Thanks mate.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

LOL it should become a thing to implement easter eggs in Doom mods that feature torture of intersectional characters just to see if it triggers Dumbworld. Then give them all cacowards and start another community flamewar ala lilith.pk3

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostR A D A Я, on 11 August 2020 - 02:45 AM, said:

LOL it should become a thing to implement easter eggs in Doom mods that feature torture of intersectional characters just to see if it triggers Dumbworld. Then give them all cacowards and start another community flamewar ala lilith.pk3

^ This

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postjkas789, on 10 August 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Holy shit Counter Strike was a TC?! I though they just used the same engine of Half Life to make the game.

Huh! The more you know. Thanks mate.

Yeah, in the beginning it was a free download.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostR A D A Я, on 11 August 2020 - 02:45 AM, said:

Isn't Brutal Doom already an attempt to trigger them

The wild ride never ends

• The Sarien Encounter

Sensitive people should not ever be community moderators.

Shadowman lives rent free in NotJabba's head

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

People who want to be moderators should never be moderators.

• The Sarien Encounter

That's what I said.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The faggots complaining about Eric Harris' wads are fucking hilarious. He actually made good maps for the time period, and no, they were not set in schools or about shooting kids. They were just Doom maps. Also bonus lol at the guy complaining about NEDM.

Not Jabba is a massive faggot and I hope he dies of AIDS. Quote me.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

How to offend Doomworld:
Step 1 - Exist
Step 2 - Give it time

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 14 August 2020 - 10:39 PM

User is online   ck3D 

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 August 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

I gotta say out of all things in that thread, I lost it at this meme:

Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

You just don't get the Doom community, guys. They're cool. They're edgy. They're better than us.
Duke community is so small by and dull by comparison. No funny stuff here. You can bet that Jimmy's idea of fun is standing near the curtains watching how flies die LOLZ :) :o :P

Found out that for all the bluster about the guy, Shadowman, of no other's request, toned down the content in his wads. In his own words, he made Cheogsh 2 too "heavy" and lowered the pathos for 3. Also, there's apparently a lot of Russian-specific cultural references that didn't carry over too well. So...basically, people are whining because they want to whine.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 29 June 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

Its threads like these that really make me appreciate the Duke4 modding team.

It seems that someone, I cannot possibly imagine who it is, has had this removed from the IA. Which, I should let you know, anyone can do, since you only have to ask IA to remove something for it to be done.

You reported yourself that the mod had been removed. Presumably, that was before he decided to censor it and make it more compliant. It's fine for creators to update their work but that doesn't mean we have to like the censorship of the work pre-update.

Not the mod, the forum thread where NotJabba was triggered and demanded crucified Lara be removed.

(from my understanding, BigMemka made a special version for DW with a different easter egg)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 15 August 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Not the mod, the forum thread where NotJabba was triggered and demanded crucified Lara be removed.

(from my understanding, BigMemka made a special version for DW with a different easter egg)

Ah, ok. Point is: criticisms of the forum moderation are not invalidated by the fact that the mod author decided to edit his work for whatever reasons.

View PostDanukem, on 15 August 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

You reported yourself that the mod had been removed. Presumably, that was before he decided to censor it and make it more compliant. It's fine for creators to update their work but that doesn't mean we have to like the censorship of the work pre-update.

Nah, this thread was started about Ascension, not Cheogsh 2/3. Cheogsh changing in tone, if it is censorship, is a case of self-censorship. (if it can be said to be censorship rather than someone merely changing creativity) Ascension is the game with the easter egg that sent NotJabba into a tizzy. Which is funny since Cheogsh was barely mentioned in the DW topics, let alone here. Which is that people over there really are hyperfocused on women getting abused for some reason. And the map from Whitemare 2.
I feel the need to point out that was a statement about Internet Archive removing their archive of the topic, something which changed. I don't know if they ever actually removed the mod or if the duo behind Ascension just replaced the DW version with a DW-friendly version; The mod still exists as it was in other places to my understanding. Certain people at Doomworld are no less shitty than they are before, and are in fact moreso than they previously seemed. Which is my real point. Things are worse than they were before.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I find it extra hilarious since even vanilla Doom is filled with mutilated corpses, marines twitching on pikes or hanging from hooks, still writhing because they're alive.

But show a woman in any of that (less so, even! Being crucified probably isn't fun but I can't imagine it's worse than dangling from a meathook with your legs torn off), and it's suddenly misogynistic.

yeah sure okay why not i dont see a double standard around here

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 15 August 2020 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostNinety-Six, on 15 August 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

I find it extra hilarious since even vanilla Doom is filled with mutilated corpses, marines twitching on pikes or hanging from hooks, still writhing because they're alive.

But show a woman in any of that (less so, even! Being crucified probably isn't fun but I can't imagine it's worse than dangling from a meathook with your legs torn off), and it's suddenly misogynistic.

yeah sure okay why not i dont see a double standard around here

1993 vs 2020. You'd think we'd made some progress. Also it's a matter of punching down vs punching up.

• The Sarien Encounter

There are plenty of bodies writhing in pain and agony and torture in Doom Eternal.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options