Duke4.net Forums: Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo - Duke4.net Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo  "The follow-up to the infamous locked thread I've made awhile ago."

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's sick but it's a trending story today and the pic in various edited or unedited forms can be found in many places including news sites. Apparently the baby is with grandma now.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

"Some commentators on the right rallied to call it a representation of the entire Black Lives Matter movement."

Jesus, I am so naive. Of course that's why Forge posted it.

And if I found a Trump supporter that raped a toddler, or whatever the fuck you care about, then it's as if you yourself rape toddlers.

God it must be so strange living inside your head.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCartaphilus, on 22 July 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

And if I found a Trump supporter that raped a toddler, or whatever the fuck you care about, then it's as if you yourself rape toddlers.

This is a staple of the culture wars and happens constantly on all sides. If a Trump supporter drives over a protester who is blocking traffic, then it is widely believed on the left that he represents all Trump supporters. If a BLM dude kneels on a baby's neck, then it is widely believed on the right the he represents all BLM supporters. Social media is chock full of litanies of outrages to rally the troops against the other side. Some real, some fabricated, often mis-represented. It doesn't matter, they serve their purpose of keeping everyone angry and eager to fight.

• banned!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 22 July 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

This is a staple of the culture wars and happens constantly on all sides.

On the extremes of all sides.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

There are only extremes.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostCartaphilus, on 22 July 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

the difference being that Trump doesn't call for the rape of children, but the leader of BLM calls for the murder of white people, the removal of Jesus, and the assassination of police officers.

must be warm and comfy in that insular echo bubble you live in.

• banned!

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

the leader of BLM

I know in your conception of the world there are only leaders and followers, but try to understand not everyone operates that way. There is no single leader of BLM.

There are plenty of shitty things Trump has said, but I'd never call all his supporters morons. I would've voted for him at one point for purely existential reasons (fear of Clinton starting a war with Russia).

User is offline   Forge 

still don't know why you keep calling me a trump supporter

right now the only thing I am is an anti sleep-creepy senile warmongering child-sniffing sell-out corporate democrat.

if Tulsi Gabbard were running against trump, i'd probably vote for her.

Socially I'm mostly left leaning. Fiscally I'm mostly right leaning.

• banned!

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

still don't know why you keep calling me a trump supporter

right now the only thing I am is an anti sleep-creepy senile warmongering child-sniffing sell-out corporate democrat.

if Tulsi Gabbard were running against trump, i'd probably vote for her.

When I wrote "And if I found a Trump supporter that raped a toddler, or whatever the fuck you care about, then it's as if you yourself rape toddlers."

I meant "Trump supporter (or whatever the fuck you care about)". Replace Trump with anything you like and my point still stands.

I'd probably vote for Tulsi too. Ticks all the boxes for both the left and the right. Seems decent and intelligent.

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Socially I'm mostly left leaning.

Please describe the ways in which you see yourself as left leaning.

This post has been edited by Cartaphilus: 22 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostCartaphilus, on 22 July 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

There is no single leader of BLM.

Objective lie detected.

• banned!

View Post/Defiatron\, on 22 July 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Objective lie detected.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

3 co-founders and 16 chapters, but they all have the same manifesto, same goals, and same objective.
so when one of the co-founders publicly calls for assassinating police officers, or when one of the chapter presidents calls for the removal of depictions of Jesus, they are in a leadership position and represent their organization as a whole.
Especially when none of the other leaders or co-founders denounce the rhetoric.

is every single member of blm a terrorist? Probably not, but the organization/affiliation itself sponsors and supports violent behavior

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2020 - 03:15 PM

• banned!

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

3 co-founders and 16 chapters, but they all have the same manifesto, same goals, and same objective.

Uh, nope. I took part in the BLM protest in Estonia. I talk to people in the states and they aren't aware of any manifestos either. Or do you mean this one? I don't see anything particularly radical.

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

so when one of the co-founders publicly calls for assassinating police officers

Which one of the 3 co-founders? Link to specific statement.

User is offline   Forge 

why don't you do your own homework.
Start with Cullors, 'her' marxist training, the real communist manifesto she subscribes to, and achieving goals through violence

your memory is short if you don't remember the blm kill list from 2014
all the blm sponsored police assassinations that occurred in 2016

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2020 - 03:35 PM

• banned!

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

why don't you do your own homework.

Ha, you're the one making the claims. The onus is on you.

I've no issue with "Marxist training". Depends on the specifics.

Also, do describe how you're socially left leaning as you put it.

This post has been edited by Cartaphilus: 22 July 2020 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   ck3D 

The concept of representation in general sucks and has only really been persisting for so long because it's needed for practical reasons (maybe less and less so? How naive of me to even ponder). As soon as one hands their voice over to a representative, it really ceases to exist and then it's just the empowered representative using the gathered decibels to manipulate crowds toward their own selfish personal interest and duping said crowds with make-up by reappropriating and presenting their issues this or that way - with varying degrees of success and funds (and then the issues still persist). That's the very lie we all blame different news outlets for, different so-called leaders for, all kinds of democracy failures for when supposed agents we're driven to expect some basic truth from given their role distort the information in pursuit of their benefit.

The entities I'm personally the most wary of is whoever is going to try lashing onto specific events like they need to fight for a piece of the steak in the name of so-and-so in the public eye when in reality their concerns are of a whole different nature. In the wild, shepherds are a joke and as part of the food chain as the next man.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 22 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

ThriceCursed is lying. Marxists always lie.

User is offline   Forge 

out of the three co-founders of blm, the only one that never really outright said to use violence to reach their goals was Tometi.
Cullors and Garza both advocate for killing if necessary, and burning everything down. These two idolize Assata Shakur.

all three of them are extreme marxists and are okay with "any means necessary" to achieve a communist black supremacy utopia. Just one of them is a little more reserved about saying it's okay to kill people.

if someone's too lazy to look up what blm really advocates, (or what cullors was saying during conferences in 2015), then they can live in a dark cave. That's their prerogative.

the tweet from that toronto blm president sums it up nicely, though

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2020 - 04:20 PM

User is offline   Hank 

BLM operate like cockroaches, a collective dynamic social group. This is how Marxist organize, without distinct leaders.

BLM call for action? Sure, as Forge wrote: 'loads'. One current sample
https://www.dailymai...war-police.html

Hawk Newsome, Chairman of BLM's Greater New York chapter, says the black rights group is 'mobilizing' its base and aims to develop a highly-trained 'military' arm to challenge police brutality head on.

We want liberation. We want the power to determine our own destiny. We want freedom from an oppressive government, and we want the immediate end of government sanctioned murder by the police.
'And we prepare to stop these government sanctioned murders by any means necessary.
'We are preparing and training our people to defend our communities.'

This post has been edited by Hank: 22 July 2020 - 04:41 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 22 July 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

the immediate end of government sanctioned murder by the police.
'And we prepare to stop these government sanctioned murders by any means necessary.

i believe the term Cullors used in 2015 was,"forcible overthrow'
(when discussing police)

nothing's changed in 5+ years

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

• banned!

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

out of the three co-founders of blm, the only one that never really outright said to use violence to reach their goals was Tometi.
Cullors and Garza both advocate for killing if necessary, and burning everything down. These two idolize Assata Shakur.

all three of them are extreme marxists and are okay with "any means necessary" to achieve a communist black supremacy utopia. Just one of them is a little more reserved about saying it's okay to kill people.

if someone's too lazy to look up what blm really advocates, (or what cullors was saying during conferences in 2015), then they can live in a dark cave. That's their prerogative.

the tweet from that toronto blm president sums it up nicely, though

You're full of shit, man. You make specific claims backed up with vague generalizations. "Killing if necessary" isn't "I advocate police assassinations" and pretending like everyone who joins BLM is acting according to direct orders from any leaders is just grossly uninformed. What you're seeing in some of the more extreme rhetoric is what happens when people's pain is ignored for decades. To be honest, your country is so fucked up maybe a violent revolution is inevitable.

BTW, removing depictions of Jesus makes me laugh. I hope they do it everywhere. Like when we removed the statues and images of Lenin & Stalin after the fall of the Soviet Union. Hilarious.

Again, tell me in what way you're left leaning! Come on, you keep ignoring it.

View PostForge, on 22 July 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

i believe the term Cullors used in 2015 was,"forcible overthrow'
(when discussing police)

O rly. You mean this?

In a 2015 interview, BLM founder, Patrisse Cullors, admitted that she and co-founder Opal Tometi were “trained Marxists” furthering that ideology within the BLM movement. It’s important for Americans to understand Karl Marx and the current attempted Marxist revolution playing out by his writings. Marx declared in his famous Communist Manifesto: “They [communists] openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions.”

I'm sure I don't have to explain how this isn't Cullors using the phrase "forcible overthrow" here.

This post has been edited by Cartaphilus: 23 July 2020 - 12:50 AM

• banned!

View PostHank, on 22 July 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

We want liberation. We want the power to determine our own destiny. We want freedom from an oppressive government, and we want the immediate end of government sanctioned murder by the police.

Great. Hope they succeed.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostCartaphilus, on 22 July 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

I know in your conception of the world there are only leaders and followers, but try to understand not everyone operates that way. There is no single leader of BLM.

I've seen the same point brought up before regarding 'antifa'. One doesn't need to rally with others, be militant or identify with an organized group to qualify as 'antifa' - the term essentially just means that one ideologically disapproves of fascism. Now, Antifa as an organized group is something else that's just recuperating, publicizing and vulgarizing the basic principle to attract the naive en masse and use the resulting numbers towards actions that really have shit to do with the common good.

That's part of why I was making that point about representatives earlier. We're all human beings trying to learn but our sources of information are flawed and the cards are blurred with biased simplifications of everything, which encourages us to think in two-dimensional boxes and praise or blame false icons when we're really getting distracted of the original issue per se, with the occasional shock treatment-induced paranoia trip to boot so that us plebs all keep infighting like in Doom as opposed to looking at who's really profiting off our distresses.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 23 July 2020 - 02:10 AM

• banned!

View Postck3D, on 23 July 2020 - 02:09 AM, said:

That's part of why I was making that point about representatives earlier. We're all human beings trying to learn but our sources of information are flawed and the cards are blurred with biased simplifications of everything, which encourages us to think in two-dimensional boxes and praise or blame false icons when we're really getting distracted of the original issue per se, with the occasional shock treatment-induced paranoia trip to boot so that us plebs all keep infighting like in Doom as opposed to looking at who's really profiting off our distresses.

I'm not sure if this is yet another George Soros paranoia post or what ("who's really profiting off our distresses"), but back when BLM first appeared, I did see it as a fake grassroots movement. What's going on now is something much bigger however. The whole world is involved. The people I've talked to in person or seen write in their social media pages seem to understand they're not fighting against only unfair targeting, but against racism and police brutality in general. I've seen posters with Daniel Shaver's face at BLM protests. BLM just happened to be a convenient banner for a lot of people's discontent.

I also don't think the particular human beings who post here regularly about sociopolitical topics are of sound mind. I don't see it as a general human flaw or to do with information sources, but a flaw with these particular individuals who experienced some sort of trauma in their lives, so they are getting perpetually triggered by shit that really has nothing to do with the source of their distress. Weider and Forge have that in common. I don't know about Jimmy beyond some health troubles and being the son of a preacher, which must be a mindfuck in itself. Radar is another one, but I think he's just a sheltered rich kid rebelling against his liberal parents.

Probably all political extremism stems from some kind of traumatic experience (and certain personality traits).

Anyway, it just dawned on me that I've exhausted whatever concern I had for the Duke/Build community. There are so many more interesting things to care about.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostCartaphilus, on 23 July 2020 - 02:47 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this is yet another George Soros paranoia post or what ("who's really profiting off our distresses")

I honestly don't know shit about George Soros, am critical of the average public figure and am wary of conspiracy theories just as much as I consider them, because why the hell not. I like to (try and) position myself as an observer and believe one can learn from seeing everybody else's singular interpretations of reality, for the sake of exploring perspectives but it doesn't mean I subscribe to shit in particular or follow people. As soon as one embraces a movement, ideology or leader not just because they just so happen to share beliefs with them but because they downright identify with those man-made institutions, they get that further away from being (ideally) a free thinker and independent actor in the economy. (plot twist - I'm not even sure if I believe in free thinking to begin with but that's another subject, and as a flawed human just as much as the next guy it would be foolish of me to claim to have any form of answer to the universe anyway).

Like I was saying to Trooper Dan earlier, I believe that we may have more influence as citizens with our money than with our votes or words. I'll give one simple example, Nike has recently shut down social media channels ran by BIPOC employees trying to shine some light on the discrimination they endure from higher-ups as their workplace, and terminated a popular sports Instagram feed for spreading the information that one of their Olympic athletes is being accused of being a serial rapist. I strongly disagree with such moves, therefore I just won't support Nike (and will occasionally casually drop why for those who might care), and that's without claiming any neon sign-adorning echo chamber in the process. I'm also one to talk, but not necessarily preach - communication goes both ways and being stubborn is counterproductive. And that's just one out of literally every 'stance' I personally choose to take on the daily - I live a pretty minimalist lifestyle and watch where the money I actually spend goes - for the most part, to the most grassroots independents I can get down with is my aim.

I don't think I'm being paranoid when I say that there is distress amongst the people all over the world (otherwise right now would be a lot more peaceful), and also profit being made over such distress all over the world, as distressed people happen to be particularly vulnerable targets to all kinds of manipulation, such as the temptations of consumerism.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 23 July 2020 - 03:50 AM

• banned!

View Postck3D, on 23 July 2020 - 03:22 AM, said:

I don't think I'm being paranoid when I say that there is distress amongst the people all over the world (otherwise right now would be a lot more peaceful), and also profit being made over such distress all over the world, as distressed people happen to be particularly vulnerable targets to all kinds of manipulation, such as the temptations of consumerism.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I just hate the lack of nuance displayed by idiots and extremists. I mean, there's distress and regular people with rational views can display such feelings (which is perfectly valid), but then there are ideologues who, due to either malice or mental illness, will use all manner of logical fallacies to push their agenda. And while I might have empathy for those who have been whipped into a frenzy due to some unaddressed, underlying mental health issue, I don't think letting the inmates run the asylum is the best policy either. For society or for an online community such as this one.

As for exploring different perspectives - that's alright, but I mean, if you want ignorant bullshit just go read the comments of a tabloid article. Having that avenue of expression should be enough of a pressure release for the dumb-dumb's that we don't need to let every space be taken over by them, under the guise of protecting free speech.

That's my general viewpoint that I've belabored already endlessly. At least some have contacted me saying they agreed, but that only further proves the sad reality that people get driven off and eventually lose interest in the community, since they don't take part in these discussions (or any at this point). They find it useless.

In summation:

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostCartaphilus, on 23 July 2020 - 04:07 AM, said:

As for exploring different perspectives - that's alright, but I mean, if you want ignorant bullshit just go read the comments of a tabloid article.

Ah yeah, it's not like I nerd out over that stuff either. Some of it is just way too nuts for me, especially all the numerology trips and denial of events I know for a fact have happened since relatives and I were personally there. But I used to have a close friend who was super into every alternative take on reality they could sink their teeth into, would read a lot of funny books and always go on about how history was always written by the victors, therefore so much of the official version was a lie and whatnot, it kind of caught my interest early on to analyze different perspectives regardless of how far-fetched they can be, I think because the human obsession with 'finding truth' and the corresponding behaviors throughout the times can be quite fascinating.

Another thing I'm wary of is mental pollution, too - we're all exposed to too much of that shit, especially those of us who spend a lot of time online. I think it's important for one to preserve themselves a mental space that's just their own in order to remain critical of what they read, and constantly watch that said space remains untainted (which can at times be a fight every second). I may be even more critical of myself when I'm finding myself in agreement with someone else's word than if I were disagreeing with it, as though to double check I'm not turning into a pawn. I think when threads such as this one kind of start serving the purpose for everyone to regurgitate their personal anxiety, it's one more sign that we're still too vulnerable.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 23 July 2020 - 04:32 AM

View PostCartaphilus, on 23 July 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

I don't care about the shittier aspects of it. Turds like you for instance. And yeah, I consider this place to be a dead end and final resting place for the Build community. If you, Forge, Radar and a few other morons were kicked out, I think the forum would quickly repopulate with better people.

Never gonna happen, but hey, at least I tried.

If only there were other Build ports that had their own forums. You know, on a site that has the kind of moderation you like, but the people you hate with every fiber of your being would never touch with a ten foot pole. Ah, what a shame that such a place only exists inside the razed remains of our dreams.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• Duke Plus Developer

Deplatformed.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options