Duke4.net Forums: Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo - Duke4.net Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo  "The follow-up to the infamous locked thread I've made awhile ago."

This is a follow up to this locked thread I've made several years ago Race & Police Brutality. That thread made Jimmy and Viper getting banned for two weeks for getting into a nasty argument w/ Hendricks266. It's also why Viper changed his name to Person of Color. Now since the Outhouse has been built. It's safe to make a follow-up topic to this new but old crisis we have right now, right? I'm hoping everybody is civil in this thread this time.

Has anyone heard of the rioting, looting and civil unrest all over America because of the death of George Floyd being killed by a police officer? What are your thoughts about it? The police were called to a forgery in progress and according to the police report. George was resisting arrest even though the security cameras around the street block proved otherwise. As the result of Floyd's death. All four officers are fired and Derek Chauvin; the officer who put his knee on George's neck for 8 minutes and 42 seconds that caused him to die has been charged w/ 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter.

This political incorrectness racist bullshit needs to stop right now! This is getting much worse and worse. Posted Image Who and/or what the hell demonized the African race? This shit shouldn't happened a long time ago in the first place! There's got to be a blame on someone or something. Could it be the Illuminati?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 01 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Why can't we talk about this in General Discussion?

View PostR A D A Я, on 01 June 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Why can't we talk about this in General Discussion?

Chances are this thread may or may not be another flame war once again like it did before Radar. It's a risk we all have to take.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 01 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I love a good flame war. This forum's no fun if it isn't spicy.

View PostR A D A Я, on 01 June 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

I love a good flame war. This forum's no fun if it isn't spicy.

EDIT: Okay. We'll see where it goes from here.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 01 June 2020 - 06:40 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

https://streamable.com/u7wicb

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

View PostDustFalcon85, on 01 June 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

There's got to be a blame on someone or something. Could it be the Illuminati?

One word.
SLAVERY.
The Slave Trade is the source of white on black racism. (and technically black on white racism but that's not what we're talking about here.)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postdefiatron13391, on 01 June 2020 - 10:40 PM, said:

One word.
SLAVERY.
The Slave Trade is the source of white on black racism. (and technically black on white racism but that's not what we're talking about here.)

The primary source of racism is evolutionary. Humans are tribalists by nature. You trust those who are physically like you, and distrust the ones who aren't.

Cultural factors. Historically some races are seen as better than others.

Sociology-economic factors. One race may have a poorer heritage than another.

Actual genetic differences among races.

View PostFox, on 01 June 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

The primary source of racism is evolutionary. Humans are tribalists by nature. You trust those who are physically like you, and distrust the ones who aren't.

Cultural factors. Historically some races are seen as better than others.

Sociology-economic factors. One race may have a poorer heritage than another.

Actual genetic differences among races.

That sounds correct to me.

User is offline   Mark 

Many years ago when cop reality shows were real popular ( are they still? ) I stopped watching them because I saw too much heavy handed treatment of the arrested. For instance, someone who was not resisting started getting rough treatment. Natural reaction is to respond with some sort of self preservation movement. The cop then assumes this is resisting arrest and the treatment gets tougher. Which can evoke a tougher response from the arrested. Now you have a real altercation that could have been prevented. Another instance was cops not pulling off their attack dogs off the person soon enough. It seemed on purpose to me. Another thing that bugs me is the tactic, probably from training, that all the officers on the scene start screaming commands, sometimes different ones, at the guy causing more confusion which could possibly escalate the situation more. I've heard the tactic is purposefully used to confuse the perp so they react slower. I feel its just plain stupid because the confusion may lead to the guy doing the wrong thing and an already adrenline filled cop goes overboard.

On the other hand, I'm not having a problem with most of the treatment handed out to the thugs and rioters. They are a clear and present danger.

And now I hear the soft on crime lefties are letting these arrested looters back to the streets. No bail. Not sure if no charges were brought.

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Ok I'll bite.
>inb4 thread goes to the shitter

I do think both sides are being played by the fiddlers.
The song is called cacophony, the melody is disharmony, this rhapsody is mute to me.

User is offline   Mark 

I think the thread is rather mild so far. I don't see any crapstorm coming.

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

I can appreciate the supposed sentiment behind all this, but whatever point there was to it, it is long gone. All this violence, all this destruction, for what? Justice for Floyd and the others? More people have been killed and injured by this riot, even more will be by the after effects. Any business teetering on the edge of collapse is going over after this. Hope whoever stole those weeb figures from that otaku store got what he wanted, because there's not going to be another one of those around for a while. To say nothing of the damage this is going to cause to the important stuff.

And the funny thing? None of this has mattered. At all. Whether or not these riots were really about Floyd and co, the Corona, CCP and other foreign agitators*, domestic agitators or anything else, it has helped nothing. The wheels of justice are slow, and they will still be slow regardless of how many stores have been ransacked and pillaged. Months, or years from now, when the case reaches the court, there's not going to be any evidence beyond the tape and the words of those who were there. When the not guilty verdict comes down because all the evidence is ash, are there going to be more riots? Are the two twigs left standing going to burn down again? There won't be a scapegoat this time, to deflect the blame. Antifa isn't going to be there putting down bricks and diesel. Its just going to be a bunch of people trying to excuse the horrible things they have done.

Also, this didn't need to be international beyond Canada, even then I question that. I'm sure cops in Europe have done something more to minorities than ask them to stop buttering their toast and put the butter knife down. But if anyone there actually cared, they'd wait until after this mess is done.

*Zimbaewae seems to be pegged as part of this, but if China isn't the main foreign agitator it'd be one huge surprise.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Imagine how different this country would be if you could repair just one major institution: the media. The media creates news. They create events. They created these riots. Why isn't David Dorn covered the same as George Floyd? Because there's no agenda. Black lives matter, unless you're murdered by other blacks.

View PostR A D A Я, on 03 June 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

Imagine how different this country would be if you could repair just one major institution: the media. The media creates news. They create events. They created these riots.

No.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostR A D A Я, on 03 June 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

Imagine how different this country would be if you could repair just one major institution: the media. The media creates news. They create events. They created these riots.

People everywhere already try to do this with independent media but it either doesn't stay independent for very long, or never gets popular traction due to lacking some crowd-pleasing glitter in terms of economical weight (paradoxically like we live in a reality where people give more credibility to the merchants than they do to the uninterested, sincere folks when it's healthier the other way around - maybe it should also be on our end to regularly reconsider and update our definition of success and stop caring for false icons). Most publications are even barely disguised catalogs, most video broadcasts are commercials and the ones that aren't are essentially doomed to remain niche as they also reject that aspect of the popular system. It's not even a dog chasing its own tail at this point, it's a tail chasing its own dog.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 04 June 2020 - 08:04 AM

View PostDefiant Ron, on 04 June 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

No.

Of Course, i'm the one receiving downvotes from the same dumbasses after calling Radar's stupid QAnon-Esque shit wrong. (I ain't got anything against mark though, he is 1000 times better.)
Attached Image: Haha_Cunts.PNG

I love you guys. (no i do not)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

bitching about downvotes earns downvotes.
check your privileged

User is offline   Mark 

bitching about downvotes earns downvotes but I just can't do it to a guy who loves me. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the world needs more love

View PostForge, on 04 June 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

bitching about downvotes earns downvotes.
check your privileged

at least i don't bitch about posts being moved into the outhouse.

ckhekc uer privilegd

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>bringing up QAnon like anyone except retarded boomers take that seriously

Retard confirmed.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postck3D, on 04 June 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

People everywhere already try to do this with independent media but it either doesn't stay independent for very long, or never gets popular traction due to lacking some crowd-pleasing glitter in terms of economical weight (paradoxically like we live in a reality where people give more credibility to the merchants than they do to the uninterested, sincere folks when it's healthier the other way around - maybe it should also be on our end to regularly reconsider and update our definition of success and stop caring for false icons). Most publications are even barely disguised catalogs, most video broadcasts are commercials and the ones that aren't are essentially doomed to remain niche as they also reject that aspect of the popular system. It's not even a dog chasing its own tail at this point, it's a tail chasing its own dog.

Andrew Breitbart set a snowball in motion that is now an avalanche.

The destruction of the American Mockingbird Media is happening right before us. They are devouring themselves.

View PostJimmy, on 04 June 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

>bringing up QAnon like anyone except retarded boomers take that seriously

Bruh, My dad has friends who are deep into that QAnon shit.

View PostJimmy, on 04 June 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

Retard confirmed.

Honestly, Jimmy, That would've stung a LOT more if your previous username wasn't "HorseDongSub69"

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's good for the military to re-affirm it's unwillingness to be used as a weapon against domestic enemies. Today it's Trump and the current protesters, next year it may be Biden and right-wing separatists. If we have to suffer through more broken windows, looting, fires and asskickings that could have been stopped by the military, then that's a price we have to pay. Ultimately, the inability of state and local authorities to control the violence would result in people controlling it for themselves through a combination of self-defense, community policing, and migration. As ugly as that may be, it's still better than the military or police-state model. In my particular neck of the woods, in a blue state suburb, I feel relatively safe at the moment but I also know that the state and local governments will not back me up if I were to use force to defend my family (assuming that I was able to do so successfully). I already feel the pressure to pick up and move to a better location where my rights would be upheld, and I'm sure that others are doing that same arithmetic right now. For those who are hoping for a revolution to come of this that leads to a progressive utopia, what they may not realize is that in most scenarios the result will not be a single country. North America isn't France. If it comes to that, multiple countries would be a better outcome anyway, so that like-minded people could live together and not have opposing values forced on them by a federal government. Keeping the military out of it makes a better outcome more likely.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDefiant Ron, on 04 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Bruh, My dad has friends who are deep into that QAnon shit.

Because they're dumb fucking boomers, big surprise.

View PostDefiant Ron, on 04 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Honestly, Jimmy, That would've stung a LOT more if your previous username wasn't "HorseDongSub69"

I'm able to laugh at myself. Are you? Your arguments are mostly sophistry.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 June 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

For those who are hoping for a revolution to come of this that leads to a progressive utopia, what they may not realize is that in most scenarios the result will not be a single country. North America isn't France. If it comes to that, multiple countries would be a better outcome anyway, so that like-minded people could live together and not have opposing values forced on them by a federal government. Keeping the military out of it makes a better outcome more likely.

Or perhaps, actual federalism.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I feel like BLM is improperly dividing the country. People with untreated mental disorders are 16 times more likely to be killed by police. Schizophrenics are 12 times as likely to get shot. As far as I see it George Floyd had a mental disorder, severe claustrophobia, and a bottom feeding maggot thought that was resisting arrest and his form of restraint was justified.

When it was absolutely not.

I honestly think it had little to do with him being black, and more to do with an untreated case of severe claustrophobia. And the cops were not properly equipped to deescalate the situation. As they seem to be with every other mental illness.

View PostJimmy, on 04 June 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Because they're dumb fucking boomers, big surprise.

I'm able to laugh at myself. Are you? Your arguments are mostly sophistry.

At least i don't call people faggots regularly.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options