Duke4.net Forums: Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 16 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Race & Police Brutality 2: Electric Boogaloo  "The follow-up to the infamous locked thread I've made awhile ago."

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#31

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 04 June 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

I honestly think it had little to do with him being black, and more to do with an untreated case of severe claustrophobia. And the cops were not properly equipped to deescalate the situation. As they seem to be with every other mental illness.


For the most part, the best and brightest do not become cops. That sounds like a slam against cops but it's just recognition that it's not an attractive occupation. The best and brightest have better options than risking their lives for a largely thankless job where they can be fired or prosecuted for making a mistake. I'm not defending the criminal conduct of police who use excessive force, just pointing out that it's going to take more than training reform to fix the problem. I'm convinced that many cops themselves have untreated mental illness, some of which predated being cops and some of which is caused by traumas they suffered on the force. The current movement is to defund the police, which I guess is fine if you want anarchy, but it won't lead to the results that its advocates imagine. If you want a good police force that doesn't stand on people's necks you need a combination of things that not many people are actually willing to invest in.
3

User is offline   Mark 

#32

Don't forget the diversity quotas used for hiring new recruits. The cream of the crop are not always being hired.
2

#33

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 June 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

For the most part, the best and brightest do not become cops. That sounds like a slam against cops but it's just recognition that it's not an attractive occupation. The best and brightest have better options than risking their lives for a largely thankless job where they can be fired or prosecuted for making a mistake. I'm not defending the criminal conduct of police who use excessive force, just pointing out that it's going to take more than training reform to fix the problem. I'm convinced that many cops themselves have untreated mental illness, some of which predated being cops and some of which is caused by traumas they suffered on the force. The current movement is to defund the police, which I guess is fine if you want anarchy, but it won't lead to the results that its advocates imagine. If you want a good police force that doesn't stand on people's necks you need a combination of things that not many people are actually willing to invest in.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I recall that emergency workers are frequently overworked, understaffed, and have a much higher rate of substance abuse than the general population. However counterproductive it seems, defunding the police would probably result in brutality incidents going up, not down. Good cops like to see their efforts do something too. In quite a few cities, several times of crimes aren't prosecuted anymore, like theft and carjacking. I'm not defending it, but even the best of the bunch want to see someone guilty of a crime have more than a free ride in a cop car.
1

User is offline   Mark 

#34

Our mayor is one of those soft on crime idiots. But he fits right in with the soft on crime judges. He said in the last year or two, I forgot exactly when, that carjacking is just some kids going for a joy ride and the first and maybe 2nd time should not be charged. This was during a huge increase of carjackings in the city. At the same time the order to not do high speed pursuits was issued. The results were as a normal person would expect. Rampant crime with videos from the thugs showing what they could get away with and not be pursued. The governor and other high ranking state democrats are also onboard for cutting our prison population in half by some ridiculous time frame. The list of crimes they want changed to non-chargable makes you facepalm.

This post has been edited by Mark: 04 June 2020 - 05:35 PM

1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#35

View PostMark, on 04 June 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Our mayor is one of those soft on crime idiots.

Seattle Mayor:

"I want to acknowledge that much of the violence and destruction, both here in Seattle and across the country, has been instigated and perpetuated by white men. These individuals experience the height of privilege and are co-opting peaceful demonstrations that were organized by and meant to center people of color, particularly Black Americans."

-twitter post; Mayor Jenny Durkan (@MayorJenny) May 31, 2020

https://conservativemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Untitled-1-6.jpg
1

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#36

View PostDefiant Ron, on 04 June 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

At least i don't call people faggots regularly.


I am a faggot. It's my word to use.
4

#37

View PostFAGGOT, on 04 June 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

I am a faggot. It's my word to use.

Why are you so fucking weird???
0

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#38

Because I am free and accept myself as is.
2

User is offline   Duke64 Jr 

#39

Just going to say nothing but love to all races and color Peace.
3

#40

View PostDefiant Ron, on 04 June 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

At least i don't call people faggots regularly.



View PostFAGGOT, on 04 June 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

I am a faggot. It's my word to use.



0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#41

disband the police
#nolivesmatter
1

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#42

View PostForge, on 04 June 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Seattle Mayor:

"I want to acknowledge that much of the violence and destruction, both here in Seattle and across the country, has been instigated and perpetuated by white men. These individuals experience the height of privilege and are co-opting peaceful demonstrations that were organized by and meant to center people of color, particularly Black Americans."

-twitter post; Mayor Jenny Durkan (@MayorJenny) May 31, 2020

https://conservativemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Untitled-1-6.jpg

I feel like the BLM movement is overshadowing police brutality towards people with mental disorders. This needs to be addressed just as desperately if not more so than racial discrimination. Something is clearly wrong when the untreated mentally ill are 16x more likely to die by the hands of the police. We should be uniting over this along with uniting over racial discrimination but we are not. Why?
Because stigma towards those with mental illnesses are negative, school shootings are blamed on a mental illness. This is wrong.

There should be a process on destigmatizing mental illnesses for the general public and teaching the police force how to properly de-escalate a situation when dealing with such a person. We need change, and the press being silent about this makes things worse.
0

User is offline   Mark 

#43

"how to properly de-escalate a situation when dealing with such a person"...a tranquilizer dart
0

User is offline   Hank 

#44

Mentally ill or not mentally ill, we are vicious predators. In turn we expect the cops to act like sheep dealing with wolfs. Sure, some cops like Chauvin make fatal mistakes and should get executed. This is what the justice system is for though, not BLM or other groups complaining about the police. Keep in mind the police do as instructed to do.

But, call me a conspiracy theorist, we are at war.
1. Create chaos and plant fear. (Covid-19 Con)
2. Dismantle civil liberties and those defending them. (Lockdown and now curfew, make police kneel like slaves)
3. Divide and conquer. (see image)

RIP Floyd. But no death is worth it giving up liberty, freedom and justice. Yes, even as obviously flawed it is.

Attached Image: Looters.jpg

[added]
I case you think I'm just paranoid.

Helathcrats are pro BLM protest and against small business, stay at home destruction, protests.
https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

1

#45

View PostMark, on 06 June 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

"how to properly de-escalate a situation when dealing with such a person"...a tranquilizer dart

The problem with that is they may not know the dosage needed to send him to sleep. Not kill him or hit him with a needle. Knocking someone out with drugs is a delicate task, one usually handled by a doctor who went to school for such things. That sort of thing isn't going to happen if someone is having an episode in a public area.
1

User is offline   Outtagum 

#46

View PostHank, on 06 June 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

Helathcrats are pro BLM protest and against small business, stay at home destruction, protests.
https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.


https://i.imgflip.com/2y0qhq.jpg
3

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#47

Defying public health orders about social distancing and wearing masks is fine as long as you are doing it for something that we tell you is important. Protesting police brutality is important, but your job and livelihood are not important. If BLM protesters want to make their own decisions about how much risk to take or expose other people to, that's fine. But you are not allowed to make those decisions for yourself. If you complain about this you are racist.

Also, we we are happy to empower the police and other officials to violate your freedoms and keep you in your home because of a virus that has a 1% chance to kill you. The police departments and other law enforcement agencies are there to impose our specific values about what is an acceptable amount of risk from viruses, smoking and anything else we care to name. But as we increase the burden of law enforcement and dramatically increase the number of times and ways they interfere in your life, we take no responsibility for the percentage of those encounters that end in violence or police brutality.

Our jobs can be done online and we aren't worried about losing them when we force non-protesters like you to stay home. If more blacks and latinos lose their jobs than whites because they can't work from home, that's due to racism because someone didn't give them better jobs. If you lost your job, then remember that it isn't our fault -- your enemies are the people who have lots of money and are not giving it to you. Stop complaining about us and instead demand that rich people give you money. Let's be clear, though -- we are only talking about super rich people. Don't get any ideas and think that we owe you anything, because we aren't that rich.

One more thing: some of you don't seem scared enough about our threat to defund police departments. We assure you that we are serious, and that we will somehow enforce our ever-expanding demands on society without the police and without any improper military deployments. Apparently, some of you aren't worried because you live in those horrible racist towns where everyone knows each other and own guns, and you come together to defend your communities without any help from police. That is cheating and racist, and we are putting you on notice that it is unacceptable.

@Fox -- this whole post is satire. I'm pointing that out because there have been a few occasions when your satire detector malfunctioned.
6

User is offline   Mark 

#48

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 06 June 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

The problem with that is they may not know the dosage needed to send him to sleep. Not kill him or hit him with a needle. Knocking someone out with drugs is a delicate task, one usually handled by a doctor who went to school for such things. That sort of thing isn't going to happen if someone is having an episode in a public area.
I suppose I should have put a smiley face after my comment. I wasn't serious.
0

User is offline   Mark 

#49

Once again, the other side of the story that doesn't get much coverage because it doesn't fit the narrative.

https://theconservat...r-and-walk-out/

This post has been edited by Mark: 06 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

0

User is offline   Radar 

#50

https://i.imgur.com/5XXDj0g.png
4

#51

View PostMark, on 06 June 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

I suppose I should have put a smiley face after my comment. I wasn't serious.

I am so used to people treating less than lethal weapons as magic video game equipment that it didn't even register.
2

User is offline   Hank 

#52

https://i.imgur.com/i1jlPGi.jpg
6

User is offline   Radar 

#53

CLOWN WORLD

https://i.imgur.com/4YTlTdF.png

https://nypost.com/2...ice-department/
3

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#54

View PostForge, on 29 May 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

Minneapolis is Ilhan Omar's district & is home to the largest somali immigrant population in the US


I thought they migrated here to get away from warlords.

This gonna be good
https://uploads.guim.co.uk/2017/09/07/michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-5-compressor.gif
3

User is offline   Mark 

#55

Thanks Forge for reminding me with your GIF that I haven't been able to go to the cinema for months now. I've had to rely on sitting closer to my 45 inch TV and eating bags of microwave popcorn.
1

User is offline   Hank 

#56

Speaking of reminding, this was last year, in Miniapolis (spell intended)
And no, this ain't no fake, and may be disturbing to watch, to some.
https://twitter.com/...633410852052993

Considering, tax revenues of cities are thinning, due to the Covid-19 Con, they will have to reduce the police force anyway.
How about this, sure, get rid of the police, but then get rid of those idiotic gun laws.
That way, Mark won't have to go to the movies to see exiting street justice done, just open the window. :)
0

User is offline   Outtagum 

#57

https://mobile.twitt...411983666757632
"We don't want no mo police. We don't want people with guns, toting around in our community shooting us down."

https://www.usatoday...owed/744741002/

This post has been edited by Outtagum: 08 June 2020 - 09:29 AM

0

User is offline   Duke64 Jr 

#58

Just stupid people getting ready for there own deaths not by police but by robbers and shit.
0

User is offline   Mark 

#59

View PostHank, on 08 June 2020 - 07:18 AM, said:

Speaking of reminding, this was last year, in Miniapolis (spell intended)
And no, this ain't no fake, and may be disturbing to watch, to some.
https://twitter.com/...633410852052993

Considering, tax revenues of cities are thinning, due to the Covid-19 Con, they will have to reduce the police force anyway.
How about this, sure, get rid of the police, but then get rid of those idiotic gun laws.
That way, Mark won't have to go to the movies to see exiting street justice done, just open the window. :)

Those animals need to be in chains or cages.
It was difficult to post and hold back the racial slurs and hatred that popped up while I watched that vid.

This post has been edited by Mark: 08 June 2020 - 10:32 AM

0

User is offline   Hank 

#60

That was not the intent. The intent was to show, that cops risk their lives every day dealing with this, nothing more. When the cops are gone, then the fight will come to your doorstep.

The enemies are not those gangs. The enemies are those, like the Brainwashing League Marionettes supported by very big white fishes, and every knee bending politician preaching their poison in support .
0

Share this topic:


  • 16 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options