Duke4.net Forums: The Coronavirus a/k/a COVID-19 corner. - Duke4.net Forums

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Coronavirus a/k/a COVID-19 corner.

Are you taking precautions of not contracting the coronovirus like staying home alot and wash your hands with soap and water? I'm not showing symptoms at all. Lucky me.

Hand sanitizers, food, rubbing alcohol, toilet paper, paper towels and cold medicine are sold out everywhere. People are impulsively buying and hoarding those supplies like crazy. They think the Armageddon has arrived. Lucky for me I got like 13 rolls of TP, 1 large bottle of hand sanitizer, 2 bottle of rubbing alcohol, and plenty of paper towels to last me for awhile.

How well have you stock up and taking precautions of not contracting this virus?

User is offline   Jeff 

I stay inside 90% of the time anyways. Usually go out for some things on Monday and Friday, plus some grocery shopping.

The incubation period for it is somewhere between 5-11 days according to some sites.

User is offline   Mark 

Nothing has changed for me. My going out in public to see a movie, food shopping, garage sales, etc...
While not a germophobe, I have always taken simple precautions to stay healthier. Such foolishness abounds.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

This reluctance to accept this top-down control of our lives reminds me of how the Patriot Act went right under everyone's nose. We're bigger cowards than we want to admit.

View PostRADAЯ, on 16 March 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

This reluctance to accept this top-down control of our lives reminds me of how the Patriot Act went right under everyone's nose. We're bigger cowards than we want to admit.

I think you mean the reluctance to resist this top-down...?

Spent weekend with parents for step dad's birthday, ate out plenty, had family manicure/pedicure at a 100% Vietnamese joint, just had lunch at Pluckers with them and licked the menu.

Our office has formally started work from home if you can and facilitating getting those who can't so they can. I've been working from home in the evening after work for years so this is nothing for me.

You're such a pussy for not admiring this unfolding within Satan's kingdom, Radar. You still seem to be under the illusion that man is meant to triumph on earth instead of perpetually chasing the illusion of freedom like a cat chasing a laser. I mean, it's not like you're out there firing the shot heard round the world, are you? Show me your resistance face!!!!

This post has been edited by OccludeOlga'sOcculus: 16 March 2020 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Man is not meant to triumph on earth, but Christ is. If freedom is just an illusion, why do you bother complaining about it?

Unfortunately, I had to do some shopping today, and it is hell. All the stores are packed and in the one I went to, all the TP, liquid soap, rubbing alcohol and wet wipes were gone. Meanwhile, the Kleenex section doesn't look like its been stripped clean. Wonder what they plan on doing if they get it, blow their nose with asswipes? Some of the things that are gone now I could have used, but in a top off kind of way. It was fun noticing what items were missing or running low. Pastas, frozen pizzas, Powerade, Cheerios, fresh mushrooms, canned meat, fresh chicken, flour. I wonder if people are going to regret getting any of those things, because I'm sure some geniuses are buying things they don't need. I really hope if I have to go out again it isn't going to be this bad again. Screw the virus itself, I feel like I'm going to get stabbed at a grocery store if this keeps on going.

Those inevitable curfews are going to be annoying. Yeah, I'm sure those will help a lot when all the bars are closed. What's next, full body cavity searches? Somebody could be sneaking a packet of corona up there!

View PostRADAЯ, on 16 March 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Man is not meant to triumph on earth, but Christ is. If freedom is just an illusion, why do you bother complaining about it?

Hooker, what part of my recent posts sound like complaining?

I stopped complaining a long time ago. Running commentary and disagreement is a bit different from just complaining. I've mentioned many times who is in charge of the TV show we're subjected to, pretending otherwise is simply entering into delusion.

Again... Show me your Résistance face!!!! :lol:

You don't need toilet paper. Just flush, then wash with the clean water, then flush again, then wash your hands. ;)

This post has been edited by OccludeOlga'sOcculus: 16 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

This is my mood right now in this crisis.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 16 March 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

So many amazing memories from that game and music.

Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

I've been ready for an economic collapse combined with the waves of diversity for shit to hit the fan since I bought my house 4 years ago. 4 months of rationed food, water, tooth paste, vitamins, petrol, gear, and a get out of dodge plan with my wife and family. I didn't expect this to be the way it would go down but I'm ready either way and have been gradually mentally preparing those around me for it too.

I am hoping we can pull together and get through this but from what I'm seeing and how people are already behaving I hold low expectations that this won't get real ugly. I'm worried for my parents more than anything.

Was sitting in my car today about to finish my break when a DHL delivery driver is approaching the warehouse entrance with a load of boxes on a hand trolley, he sniffes then sneezes all over the boxes in front of me and carries them into the warehouse and gets them signed for. I get out of the car and head in a separate door to avoid passing the sneeze spay still in the air and ask the guys did the driver tell them he sneezed on the boxes they were about to open. The answer is no.

Itchy, tasty

This post has been edited by Ronin: 16 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

Voluntary blindness by turning a blind eye is not how you stop living in fear.

You stop living in fear when you stare the message in the eye and acknowledge the full spectrum of possibilities and tell the message you are ready for all of them.

You, Radar, are not ready.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostOccludeOlga, on 16 March 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

I've mentioned many times who is in charge of the TV show we're subjected to

Hm yes I've heard this one. The Zionists and Global Elites are establishing their New World Order and the Rothchilds and World Bank are working together to........... zzzzzzzzz ;)

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 16 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

View PostRADAЯ, on 16 March 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hm yes I've heard this one. When the Zionists and Global Elites establish their New World Order and the Rothchilds and World Bank are working together to........... zzzzzzzzz ;)

WTF is wrong with your brain? No. Those are just tribes and fraternities.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostOccludeOlga, on 16 March 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

I turn a blind eye, because the Truth isn't concealed from us. Rather, the Truth is drowned in a sea of irrelevancy.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 16 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostOccludeOlga, on 16 March 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

You stop living in fear when you stare the message in the eye and acknowledge the full spectrum of possibilities and tell the message you are ready for all of them.

You, Radar, are not ready.

Yes, tuning out will help you about as much as closing your eyes while falling from a skyscraper.

View PostRADAЯ, on 16 March 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

I turn a blind eye, because the Truth isn't concealed from us. Rather, the Truth is drowned in a sea of irrelevancy.

That's a nothing, meaningless, pointless, no wisdom stated or requested sort of statement and you know it.

There is a virus. It isn't that bad for most people but deadly to millions of parents and grandparents. It is very infectious during innocent social gatherings. It is capable of overwhelming medical services. Governments will use every situation even with the best of intentions to increase control in ways that are impossible to relinquish once they pass.

Why are you trying to ignore the threat in front of you and wish it away instead of accept it head on and say "You are now here... let's go bro..."?

Yes I am saying you are a pussy and your posts here are out of terror, not skepticism or patriotic resistance.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I thought you said you licked the menu at a Vietnamese joint.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

From what I hear my city is going to announce a lockdown tomorrow. I've been home with my kid so it's not going to mess up my schedule too much, we stocked up enough stuff for him so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

All these panic buyers mean my family's store has hit their all time weekly and daily sales record the past two weeks in a row which is nice. Also means POS try to come in and steal a bunch of shit while the store is so busy, and since you can steal here in California and as long as its less than $950, the police won't do anything.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Good luck getting them to do anything even if it was >$950 in the current environment. Can you hire a security guard and limit the number of people in the store?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Don't worry, my dad is usually the one to take care of them; we also already have a security guard for the plaza. We ALWAYS start recording when these situations happen too.

The best is when they make threats, and since we have those recorded, it's much easier for the police to take action.

Its when the person is homeless that we are shit outta luck

Also I know there's already a California hate thread, so just pretend my last two posts are also in that thread.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 16 March 2020 - 10:03 PM

View PostRADAЯ, on 16 March 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

I thought you said you licked the menu at a Vietnamese joint.

Nah. we had Vietnamese women give my family a manicure and a pedicure. Then we went to Pluckers and I licked the menu. Except I didn't really as that was a joke about the mosque lickers, I just touched it with my bare hands without sanitizing it first. Which in this era is basically the same thing as licking.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 16 March 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

Your post caused me to finally buy the remaster of that and Grim Fandango. Haven't tried Grim Fandango yet but the remaster of Full Throttle is really well done.

This post has been edited by OccludeOlga'sOcculus: 17 March 2020 - 03:18 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I just walked into the office and nobody is here.

View PostRADAЯ, on 17 March 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

I just walked into the office and nobody is here.

Remember, we are both in agreement about the zombification of the population... we just have different perspectives about the process unfolding.

We will be back to normal in 2 weeks. :troll:

• Duke Plus Developer

Despite businesses (including my own) and services being closed down all around me, I don't feel that my exposure has been reduced. Last night I went to the grocery store, and because of the long line, I think I breathed in more air that had been in other people's lungs than I would have on a typical day. It's pathetic seeing people wear surgical masks, which don't really help -- those masks are designed to keep stuff dripping from the doctor to the patient being operated on, not to keep pathogens out (they have been gaps in the sides where you breath in).

I still don't see the point of all this economic destruction. People are now being forced to interact with each other more than ever at bottleneck points. It seems to me that only a true lockdown would do much good, and only if it's enforced all around. Am I missing something?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

No Dan. You're completely right. But unfortunately it is impossible to convince some folks that in some cases, action is worse than inaction. The response is typically something like "how can you just do nothing while people are dying!!!" I really hate how so many men possess this logic as well. Only girls are supposed to think like this.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 17 March 2020 - 07:55 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

The current drive towards "suppression" that our officials are bowing to is based on research summarized here:

https://www.imperial...-16-03-2020.pdf

It's based on the idea that suppression, in theory, reduces the spread more effectively than other strategies. But there's absolutely no consideration of the cost of the suppression, or whether it could actually be maintained for long enough.

From that summary:

The major challenge of suppression is that this type of intensive intervention package – or something equivalently effective at reducing transmission – will need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available (potentially 18 months or more) – given that we predict that transmission will quickly rebound if interventions are relaxed. We show that intermittent social distancing – triggered by trends in disease surveillance – may allow interventions to be relaxed temporarily in relative short time windows, but measures will need to be reintroduced if or when case numbers rebound. Last, while experience in China and now South Korea show that suppression is possible in the short term, it remains to be seen whether it is possible long-term, and whether the social and economic costs of the interventions adopted thus far can be reduced.

In 18 months there would be no economy to come back to. We wouldn't last that long.

Again, there is no consideration of the economic costs at all. None. The strategy is adopped simply because it theoretically works better than other methods of reducing the rate of infection. The people pushing this do not seem aware of, or to care about, the possibility of economic devastation and widespread poverty leading to riots, starvation and ruin which could be far more devastating than the deaths caused by the virus. Economic destruction causes death. Even in a peaceful scenario, where we try out suppression for a while, then relax it, the economic costs will be enormous and ultimately the virus will be spread to most people.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Agreed all around. I try telling the lefties in Duke affiliated Discord servers that economic disaster does in-fact cause death. But I'm just an idiot, you know. The West is great despite Capitalism, not because of it. ;) "No more politics from you Radar!" It's so cringey hearing maternal instincts kick in from 30 year old guys. I was so relieved when I discovered AliCatGamer is actually a chick.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 17 March 2020 - 07:56 AM

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options