Duke4.net Forums: The Coronavirus a/k/a COVID-19 corner. - Duke4.net Forums

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Coronavirus a/k/a COVID-19 corner.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The best response will be to physically remove all of the "scientists" who engineer bio-weapons, as well as the heads of industry and politicians that enable them.

Public Hangings. Yeah, I'll be there man. Hope there's Budweiser, hot dogs, and music by FEAR.

This post has been edited by MARTYR: 18 March 2020 - 08:05 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostOccludeOlga, on 18 March 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

Confirmed affected. You keep leaving that part out.

Here we go again, your sentence can be interpreted different ways.

It takes some peeps up to two weeks to even notice they are sick. I myself, could be one of those. Yes, those numbers are bogus. It’s far more complex than simple math. But this is how I think aka my never humble opinion. ;)

To be on topic, yes, I did stock up on ammo. You never know if you need to start hunting again for food, like in them good old days. It looks to me, Western decadence is coming to close, fast. :lol:

This post has been edited by Hank: 18 March 2020 - 08:48 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Man this is so creepy. One city in Italy had so many deaths that they had to load extra bodies in military trucks.

Posted Image

http://www.ansa.it/s...0a7b8ca12e.html

View PostMARTYR, on 18 March 2020 - 08:03 PM, said:

The best response will be to physically remove all of the "scientists" who engineer bio-weapons, as well as the heads of industry and politicians that enable them.

COVID-19 is certainly a leaked bioweapon from Wuhan's P4 lab.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 18 March 2020 - 08:28 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

This guy is well protected from the virus

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The best part about pooping now is forcibly pulling a turd from your shit locker. If your shitt shutter doesn't slam shut you don't need to wipe.

User is offline   Malgon 

Some people at my work have started working at home, with my department to start on a rotating basis as of next week, although the specifics haven't been worked out on what days people will be doing yet. From my understanding, a lot of other companies in the country have already started doing this, with the NBN infrastructure being worked on to allow for the increase in loads.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I just got to work and this time my office is locked. ;)

User is offline   Malgon 

At least the message is clear!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

My boss came in a little later and told me we will be working from home until April 15.

Also I'm very proud of my homecountry Romania which hasn't had a single death yet. Fiți tari în Domnul. ❤🇷🇴

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Every employee will have to die before Virginia's liquor stores shut down.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Michigan is officially reporting only 80 cases in the state, but my boss's niece works at Beaumont Hospital and they have 400 cases in the building. I knew I was right that the infected number of people is x10 the reported amount. That's x5 the amount in just one building. And that's actually a good thing. The faster the herd is immunized, the better.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 19 March 2020 - 11:27 AM

Oh so now Radar switches from it's nothing to it's something everyone should have as soon as possible.

You are one of my favorite peoples, but you blew this nothing burger.

User is offline   Jeff 

Is it wrong for me to say I'm not that worried about this? People are treating this thing like the bubonic plague.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Its not going to wipe out half of humanity or anything like that, but with whole countries going on lockdown and the other shit going on you should definitely take it serious or have some amount of concern. Maybe not for the virus itself but definitely for how the population reacts.

Absolutely don't panic though.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 19 March 2020 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostOccludeOlga, on 19 March 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

Oh so now Radar switches from it's nothing to it's something everyone should have as soon as possible.

You are one of my favorite peoples, but you blew this nothing burger.

How? The more unreported carriers there are, the less lethal the virus is statistically. That's been my point since the very beginning. ;)

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 19 March 2020 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJeff, on 19 March 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

Is it wrong for me to say I'm not that worried about this? People are treating this thing like the bubonic plague.

Things to worry about. Let's see... First there's actually getting it, like this guy who survived: https://nypost.com/2...praying-to-god/

Older dude (55), but in pretty good shape, ran 5 miles a day and it still almost killed him and it was like being tortured for two weeks straight. That's probably more acute than a typical case, though. There's a good chance your case would be milder.

If you do get infected, even if it's very mild, you can always worry about spreading it to other people that it could kill or cripple, so that's something.

Then there are the other social implications. Economic devastation will impact everyone. Widespread unemployment and poverty, looting and rioting, governments seizing control and permanently changing our lives, all of these are real possibilities. Since there is no vaccine, "herd immunity" is a function of something like 75% of the population having been infected, making it harder to spread to new people. Sound like fun? Right now we are just trying to buy time. The slower the infection spreads, the less overwhelmed the medical infrastructure will be, the more time there will be to come up with treatments effective at reducing symptoms, and a larger number of people can be tested so that we know who is contagious and can focus on isolating those individuals. If we have reliable information about who is actually infected, then containment can be more rational and less economically destructive (like in South Korea). That should have been the goal from the start.

My hope is that the current dire projections are too pessimistic because they don't take into account that now millions of people are working on the problem.

• Duke Plus Developer

Following up on my last sentence above: Restrictions on physical freedom (coming together in groups) impact economic freedom but they aren't blanket bans on economic activity. Whenever a certain class of job goes away, it's typically the capitalists and people who understand economics who say "hey it's fine -- that job is obsolete and new jobs are being created elsewhere". If you take the terror out of the equation (which causes people to restrict spending to essentials), the non-grouping restriction is something that can eventually be worked around, albeit painfully because of the suddenness. But if you give people some time and a consistent set of rules, and still allow them freedom within those rules, they will be pretty creative and can shift economic activity to new areas. If you follow a straight line projection from our current economy with the "social distancing" rule added, then you come to the conclusion that we will be in the stone age 18 months from now. In reality, people are going to try to come up with solutions to sustain and grow as much economic activity as possible. For example, universities and gyms are rapidly moving to online only classes, using Zoom and other platforms. People at home will want to build nice offices and workout areas for themselves inside their homes.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostHulkNukem, on 19 March 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Its not going to wipe out half of humanity or anything like that, but with whole countries going on lockdown and the other shit going on you should definitely take it serious or have some amount of concern. Maybe not for the virus itself but definitely for how the population reacts.

Absolutely don't panic though.

My rational and logical mind has reasoned with the available facts about this virus and I think we're going to be okay. Most people that I've seen are panicking though. Their rational and logical mind has been shut off, and their primitive monkey brain has taken over.

I've survived worse things.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 19 March 2020 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

There's no point in worrying about getting it at least. Think of how difficult it can be to avoid a cold, flu, sniffle season. This virus is much more contagious and communicable than average sicknesses tend to be. I do agree with Radar and others that there will be many who are infected but not sick. They will be the true super spreaders. This virus can incubate for up to a month.

If you don't already have it, just accept that you will. Me? I truly think I had it in November.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostJeff, on 19 March 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

My rational and logical mind has reasoned with the available facts about this virus and I think we're going to be okay. Most people that I've seen are panicking though.

I've survived worse things.

Its definitely better to be more rational about it all. My family's store is pretty much completely empty, and when we do get our shipments in, all the stuff is basically sold out within hours because of how many people are constantly flooding in trying to buy stuff. Its crazy.

Trooper Dan touched on it pretty well, but I think whats going to be a bigger issue than the virus itself is whats going to happen to the economy.
Anecdotal, but for a personal example, while my family's store is doing well, I have other family that own a pizza parlor; they had to close their bar due to city/state forcing all the bars to close and that is where they make most of their money. People also aren't going to restaurants as much due to the fear, so its entirely possible they won't be able to stay open much longer if things persist. Fast food places here aren't even allowing people to dine in, they can only order to go (and some of them you can't only do drive thru)
This is true for many other businesses here, we are down to only essential places staying open which means a lot of them probably won't reopen once this is all over unless they can get some sort of help.
There's landlords waivering rent and the like while this is going on but its going to be such a clusterfuck that things simply won't be the same as they were just a month ago.
There's also people that aren't able to go to work, and depending on the business, they could be working from home, staying home but getting paid, or aren't getting paid and/or laid off.

Humanity isn't doomed, but it may take quite a while to come back from the impact.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 19 March 2020 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

The last time I got really physically sick was probably in 2013 due to food poisoning.

I made an appointment for someone to have a look at my TV and when my dad and step-mom came over to give Cosmo his pain medication, they were really panicky and said "what if that TV repair guy has the virus??? I want to you cancel that appointment right now. You could get the virus and spread it to us". I declined.

See? Their monkey brain has taken over.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 19 March 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostRADAЯ, on 19 March 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

How? The more unreported carriers there are, the less lethal the virus is statistically. That's been my point since the very beginning. ;)

The more unreported deaths there are, the less lethal the virus is statistically.

You obviously don't live near a retirement community.

You are more than welcome to go tell them all to get it but be sure to stay at home so you can feel better about the stats.

Everybody should watch this George Carlin clip about the fear of germs.

Once the chart has a full year under its belt, it will simply be impossible to shrug the damn thing off. It has already passed 10k, the chart can't update fast enough.
Posted Image

Look... I'm not saying that governments aren't totally taking advantage of the situation. They are, and it is no surprise. But the nature of the vector they are taking advantage of isn't a fraud.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 19 March 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

Everybody should watch this George Carlin clip about the fear of germs.

Never forget that George Carlin has been dead for over a decade.

D E A D dead.

That spells moon.

This post has been edited by OccludeOlga'sOcculus: 19 March 2020 - 04:11 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostOccludeOlga, on 19 March 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

D E A D dead.

That spells moon.

Due to time constraints, and really the miniseries is accurate to the book, I got the lady to finally watch that just the other day.

The beginning of the Stand is eerily accurate to reality at the moment.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I really don't know what to tell you Wieder. I'm doing my part in containing the virus regardless of my own personal opinions on it. All my band rehearsals have been canceled, my church was canceled, and now I'm working from home for 30 days. I'm pretty much shut in for a month. Introverts like me will be fine but I feel sorry for my extroverted friends.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Let's be honest here, extroverts deserve it.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMARTYR, on 19 March 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

Let's be honest here, extroverts deserve it.

Gonna add them to your lynch-mob wish list, along with the industry leaders and scientists?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

There certainly are people who deserve to be lynched, just not because of race which is what you might be thinking about.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 March 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Gonna add them to your lynch-mob wish list, along with the industry leaders and scientists?

Bitch I might be

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options