Duke4.net Forums: Polymost Not Working Right - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymost Not Working Right

I play the game with polymer, because for some weird reason, polymost mirrors the level design and inverts the horizontal mouse aim.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

At what revision did this start happening? Does it happen in any other ports using Polymost?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

pics or it didn't happen

User is offline   Kyanos 

It's probably a feature of a mod he's using without even knowing it, or trolling, or H266 finally turned 21 and is drunk at the wheel.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 02 January 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

pics or it didn't happen

Actually it did happen to me a while back but required some rather elaborate steps to pull off.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Holy shit. Looks like an on-the-fly switch for the mirror mod, integrated into the game menu...

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

It's not a bug it's a feature!

User is offline   NY00123 

Please try rechecking with a more up-to-date EDuke32 build. If I'm not wrong, this was fixed a while ago.

I think that the rendering of actual in-game mirrors may have an effect.

View PostNY00123, on 03 January 2020 - 03:48 AM, said:

Please try rechecking with a more up-to-date EDuke32 build. If I'm not wrong, this was fixed a while ago.

I think that the rendering of actual in-game mirrors may have an effect.

Attached Image: duke0081.png

Still happens when retracing the exact steps Phredreeke made in his video, with r8525.

Edit 1: From what I can tell, this happens any time the player switches from Polymer to Polymost if and only if he has previously seen a mirror in Polymer, and that mirror is no longer in view when switching renderer.
If one switches from Polymer to Classic after having seen a mirror, the screen turns pitch-black instead. It also fixes itself once you look back into a mirror.

Edit 2: The revision that introduced this problem is r7493. Should be easy to avoid by simply not starting the game in Polymer, and choosing Polymost in advance.
Can't find any issues when switching between Classic and Polymost either.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 03 January 2020 - 05:06 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options