Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Graphics 

Nicely done Jimbob. Also, I've been working on that map for your mod. It currently looks like Utah with the Duke Nukem 3D textures. But I'm sure we could make it look like something else with a new textures.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0087.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 26 November 2022 - 10:43 PM

User is online   Mark 

I placed a character model in temporarily so you can see the large scale of my latest model.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: twin towers.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 27 November 2022 - 02:00 PM

I've been testing out what can be done in the build engine. Going over ideas for a new map. Also, I'm building the maps, using Ion Fury rather than Duke Nukem 3D. Then from Ion Fury, I can than port my map to other mods that are appropriate.

Here's a picture with a different approach to my landscapes. It's more planned out and structured. Plus, I made a cliff edge.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 30 November 2022 - 05:34 PM

User is offline   jimbob 

working on some terrible pun jokes for my WW2 mod, so i'm open to suggestions

poster in the north africa campaign

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Latm.png

User is online   Mark 

Took a break from making models and put a few of them together in one test scene.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mayan mockup.png
  • Attached Image: mayan mockup 2.png

User is offline   jimbob 

lovely, reminds me of MYST for some reason

Just sharing pictures of a map designed for AWOL. Here's two pictures with a perspective of how big and open this map is. The first is a close up of the jeep and the second is the jeep from far away. The glacier doesn't use up too many sectors or walls leaving room for more development.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0003.png
  • Attached Image: capt0004.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 03 December 2022 - 03:37 PM

User is online   Mark 

Is this a demo test map or do you plan to populate it and make playable?

View PostMark, on 03 December 2022 - 04:36 PM, said:

Is this a demo test map or do you plan to populate it and make playable?

If I have time. I plan on adding an ice cave using TROR. So far, I've been having fun running over bad guys with the jeep.

User is online   Mark 

Yeah, that can be fun. Every now and then I fire up A.W.O.L. just to do some headshots on enemies. Between my time mapping for it and playing it afterwards I got so used to doing that I started going for headshots in games that don't have it.

User is online   Mark 

As I experiment with different textures and lighting I occasionally run across a screenshot that I think is so cool I just have to share it. Sorry for spamming so many pics in this thread. I can't help it. ;)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ruins from above.png

I decided to texture the map for AWOL. It's gone from a glacier to an island. Then I'll be slowly adding landmarks. Ideas like: Caves, bases, sniper towers, boats and more. The island is about half the size of the max grid map. If I could go bigger, I would. But at 1613/4096 sectors, 7176/16384 walls. At least in smaller more stable scale, I have a lot more room for development.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: awol0003.png
  • Attached Image: capt0011.png

User is offline   jimbob 

adding new player art

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0013.png

That's looking good Jimbob. Looking forward to playing it.

I'm experimenting with base and cave locations. I like the view from this one.
I've also change the background (skybox) since I last posted here.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0015.png
  • Attached Image: awol0006.png
  • Attached Image: awol0008.png

User is online   Aleks 

Haven't had much time for mapping lately due to being overloaded with work, but now I'm stuck home with a flu and not much motivation to do more ambitious stuff, so decided to implement the "saviour of the babes" minigame/side-quest in my map. It's done all through the mapping, no new cons or anything. Here's how it works:
  • There are 9 babes in total to save in the map. Some are in plain sight, some are in secret places, some are in places that require some extra exploration.
  • To save a babe, you approach her and press "use", same as in DN64.
  • However, the babe won't "disappear" from the map, but will change into an adequate sprite of a dancer or stripper, happily moving their bodies around after being saved from the green alien goo.
  • Saving all the babes doesn't give any material rewards to the player, but unlocks/awards a final secret place, so it's just for completionists who want to have all the secrets found.
  • You can fail this challenge if you happen to kill any of the babes - whether before or after saving them.
  • I've added a bunch of Duke's cheesy one-liners from other games, so each time you save a babe, Duke will say something different and witty to try and gain access to her pants.

2 screens, probably from the most obvious location of the babe, showing the two different "states":
Attached Image: duke0037.png Attached Image: duke0038.png

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAleks, on 08 December 2022 - 12:05 PM, said:

Saving all the babes doesn't give any material rewards to the player, but unlocks/awards a final secret place, so it's just for completionists who want to have all the secrets found.

sign me up

User is offline   VGames 

https://www.moddb.co...savior-of-babes

Been working on this.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Kill the babes, save the frames! :lol:

User is online   Mark 

I learned how to paint in Blender today so I started to "mossify" the models for that ancient jungle ruins look.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mossify1.jpg

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark, on 10 December 2022 - 10:26 AM, said:

I learned how to paint in Blender today so I started to "mossify" the models for that ancient jungle ruins look.

This really looks impressive. :dukeaffirmative:

User is online   Mark 

Thanks. During the last 3-4 weeks I put all the other facets of modding aside to finally concentrate properly in Blender and a couple of high end graphics creation programs. In this short time I have massively increased my proficiency in those programs. I should have done this long ago. So after playing around with this stuff for a little while longer I'll see about making a polymer map to put these in. I won't have time to make a playable level of it seeing as how I still have my usual backlog of other projects. But I have to say its been a ton of fun progressing to this point. I guess you can tell by how many pics I posted. :P

Hey Mark. Stop posting such great pictures. I'm running out of likes to give. And keep up the good work, I want to see more.

Also Aleks. Saving the ladies is always important. I would be interested on how you did it without code. That's amazing stuff.

This post has been edited by Graphics: 12 December 2022 - 12:37 AM

User is offline   Loke 

Picking up Mapster again.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: amc0000.png

This post has been edited by Loke: 23 December 2022 - 03:26 AM

I intend to go back to working on Doom-style maps later on, but for now, here's something completely different.

This new map I'm working on is based on Snowman's Land from Super Mario 64. (Abstractly, it takes place shortly before my Wet-Dry World map.)
There's no way in hell this map will be ready for Christmas, but it will get done eventually. (As you can see, there's still a long way to go; for instance, a lot of stuff still uses tile #182 as a placeholder texture.)
Basically, the storyline for this map is that aliens set up a bunch of equipment in/on/around the big snowman in the center of the map to basically warm up the whole area, and a lot of shit is melting/collapsing/etc. as a result.
The map lighting and visibility haven't been worked on very much yet; things will be different from these screenshots. (Also, there won't be a jetpack in the final version of the map; the one in the screenshots was cheated in.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostToiletDuck64, on 23 December 2022 - 09:36 PM, said:

I intend to go back to working on Doom-style maps later on, but for now, here's something completely different.

This new map I'm working on is based on Snowman's Land from Super Mario 64. (Abstractly, it takes place shortly before my Wet-Dry World map.)
There's no way in hell this map will be ready for Christmas, but it will get done eventually. (As you can see, there's still a long way to go; for instance, a lot of stuff still uses tile #182 as a placeholder texture.)
Basically, the storyline for this map is that aliens set up a bunch of equipment in/on/around the big snowman in the center of the map to basically warm up the whole area, and a lot of shit is melting/collapsing/etc. as a result.
The map lighting and visibility haven't been worked on very much yet; things will be different from these screenshots. (Also, there won't be a jetpack in the final version of the map; the one in the screenshots was cheated in.)

Is this map going to be entirely vanilla? I'm asking because it's possible to add snow and ice physics effects (such as slides) to it if you want.

View PostDanukem, on 23 December 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

Is this map going to be entirely vanilla? I'm asking because it's possible to add snow and ice physics effects (such as slides) to it if you want.

Yes, the map will basically be a vanilla map. The map does use a lot of wacky TROR hijinks (scissoring and such), though.
I've got some more screenshots here...
Screens #1 and #2 are of underground/interior areas that probably wouldn't exist without TROR.
Screen #3 is of a funny thing I noticed when testing battlelord-related stuff in the map. It seems that occasionally, if a battlelord fires a whole bunch of mortars into the same place, the mortars can balance on top of each other creating stacks as shown in the screenshot.
Screen #4 is of a "parkour" section later on in the map that makes heavy use of TROR (possibly the best/worst use of TROR in the whole map); no points for guessing where this is located.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is online   ck3D 

Super into your idea, ToiletDuck64, best of luck!

Just started a new speed map:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke1225.png
  • Attached Image: duke1227.png
  • Attached Image: duke1230.png
  • Attached Image: duke1232.png
  • Attached Image: duke1233.png

This post has been edited by ck3D: 24 December 2022 - 04:00 PM

User is online   Mark 

With the help of my buddy Dave ( dwteitz ) who modified the already modified eduke and mapster source files from AWOL to put polymer back into them I can now start a map for that project. I wanted to do this last summer but it was decided, for good reasons, to remove polymer support from the project's executable files. Dave finished his work a short time ago so I haven't had time to get much done yet for mapping. For this first test I grabbed a small portion of a map from the game and have started modifying it. If this works out as good as I hope it does I'll be adding some more models and maybe flashlight and fog mods from my other projects. We'll see how it goes. I seem to be jumping from one project to another again. <_<

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0002.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0003.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0004.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 25 December 2022 - 06:02 PM

User is online   ck3D 

Speed map progress, should be done by the end of the year.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0137.png
  • Attached Image: capt0138.png
  • Attached Image: capt0140.png

User is online   Mark 

If thats a speed map, someone is going to slip and fall on the ice. ;)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options