Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Posted Image

I really love this room Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Now, after ~5 months of abandoning and only 3 month of actual work, I can finally say that something is going on!
Got a crucial code update from Mblackwell, which allows me to make and test all the levels properly.There's still a lot of work, but now it'll get much faster than it used to!
I wanted to re-announce the game for a long time...however, I decided that I don't make any announcements or promises unless I'll have enough material for a trailer or gameplay video. So, stay tuned.

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

The more vast and complicated it is, the smallest lane to madness it seems to be as doing it! :D

... and this map is not yet over ... Is that serious, Doc? :rolleyes:

________

@Sanek : Your universe seems enriched :)

EDIT :

@Trooper Dan : Oops, sorry : you've just realease your post dduring I was writing mine Posted Image Excellent job !! :P I adore !

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 05 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

This is not a strange engine room :rolleyes:

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

with the figures on the doors I thought it was the bathrooms :rolleyes:

View PostMark, on 11 September 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

with the figures on the doors I thought it was the bathrooms :rolleyes:

This is not completely wrong ... In theory, just about every place can serve as a toilet :P

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 11 September 2018 - 02:22 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I'm thinking about making a thread for donating several unfinished maps, that doesn't mean I'm abandonogn mapping but having them in my HD gatering dust doesn't do any good to anyone, could it be a good idea?

Edit: I mean, I don't want people to finish my maps, but rather use any part they like on his own projects.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 13 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMike Norvak, on 13 September 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm thinking about making a thread for donating several unfinished maps, that doesn't mean I'm abandonogn mapping but having them in my HD gatering dust doesn't do any good to anyone, could it be a good idea?

Edit: I mean, I don't want people to finish my maps, but rather use any part they like on his own projects.

What's so bad about finishing your maps?
Anyway it sounds interesting, considering your skill and all. But as I understand, most of your project have a heavy amount of custom art and 3D models, isn't it? Or you have a vanilla maps too?

• Music Producer

View PostSanek, on 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Anyway it sounds interesting, considering your skill and all. But as I understand, most of your project have a heavy amount of custom art and 3D models, isn't it? Or you have a vanilla maps too?

Some original vanilla and other I won't use in HR, then I need to refurbish them to vanilla for donation.

User is offline   Mark 

As far as I can tell, its very rare that someone posts an abandoned map and it get finished by someone else or parts of it used in another map. Just release them in the Unfinished Content thread here on the forum with a bunch of screen shots.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark, on 13 September 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, its very rare that someone posts an abandoned map and it get finished by someone else or parts of it used in another map. Just release them in the Unfinished Content thread here on the forum with a bunch of screen shots.

True, typically maps were abandoned for a good reason Posted Image

Still, sometimes there's something that can be used. The AMC TC for example has taken in unfinished maps from Forge and Jenz or whatever the name is, and those are being finished up.

• Music Producer

View PostSanek, on 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Not anything inheriting bad, just lack of time.

View PostMicky C, on 13 September 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

True, typically maps were abandoned for a good reason Posted Image

Still, sometimes there's something that can be used. The AMC TC for example has taken in unfinished maps from Forge and Jenz or whatever the name is, and those are being finished up.

As far as I can tell those maps don't look any bad, is not that I can't use them on my own projects or release them as vanilla, but I haven't done it in 8 years or so, so I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon. Did you remember Viel Angst Fortress? and the arctic level of "SOTR"? Those are some of the maps I'd like to donate, of course retexturized for vanilla.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 13 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMike Norvak, on 13 September 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Not anything inheriting bad, just lack of time.

Posted Image

I issued my incomplete works, and got like 400 downloads. Will anyone use it? Who cares, but better than a deleted.

p.s. ; please don't get that image confused with Nike! I ain't promoting shitty sneakers :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Hank: 13 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

E2L1 "Quicksands"

Posted Image

Mr The Killer, E2L2. Or : the very biggest map I've ever made Posted Image

2156 sectors.
16383 walls.
2994 sprites.
745.472 bytes.
3 weeks of work.

Do you think I diserved a beer ? Posted Image :P

CAPTURES :

Spoiler

@Sanek : I can't see your last image :rolleyes: My computer, or is your link dead ? :)

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 05:43 AM

User is online   Ninety-Six 

How many episodes are you planning to make for mTK? I'm curious.

Spoiler

I'm touched by your interest :rolleyes:

The episode 1 of MTK consisted of six episods. The second, which I'm working on, ... it's complicated! Posted Image

For this episode 2, entitled "Randomaniac", I am planning for three levels. However, the concept is a bit peculiar : each level has a common beginning and end; but the arrangement of the middle is defined randomly at the launch of the level. This means that each of them can be crossed in three different ways Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Exemple : at this launch of E2L1, this is the random mode #3 (/3) wich is drawed. This means that it will be the course 3 that the player will follow, by opening/closing a certain group of doors/paths ; according to that, the total number of present enemies is re-calculated.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Better?
Posted Image

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Much. Danke.

YES !! :rolleyes: I can see it !!!
Spoiler

Awsome colored factory :P

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I like a lot the map layout Seb Luca showed before and the ground texture from Sanek's image.

And seeing that everyone is showing their cool projects' progress, I also want to show some skyboxes (in software renderer) from my Blacklist TC, now that I've just finish working on them:

Spoiler

Thanx :) It contains so many new surprises ... if you only knew!! :rolleyes:

Excellent parallaxes :D My favourite is the first (because of the nature side :P )
I suppose that the vertical white lines (on the 2d) are falling rain. Cool rendering !

User is offline   Sanek 

SBZ...now in motion! And I suck at making gifs.
Attached Image: SBZ.gif

I'd say that I made enough progress so I can make a trailer or gameplay video.
The only thing that stops me right now is the lack of the OST. Sure I can use the tracks that exist, but it severely limits the range of platforms where I'll upload the game.

View PostSanek, on 22 September 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

The only thing that stops me right now is the lack of the OST. Sure I can use the tracks that exist, but it severely limits the range of platforms where I'll upload the game.

Free rights musics, maybe ?

Useless but fun :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 23 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

• Music Producer

View PostSeb Luca, on 22 September 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Useless but fun :rolleyes:

Why useless? you can make the gameplay of the level run around this single feature. For example a HUB with the machine at the center, then various rooms and halls with key slots of the three colors, the player can choose what room to enter first, it needs be another machine in each room or in some of them (you already has one in the hub) and more keys, the rooms needs to be interconnected to avoid backtracking, there are only keys of one color in the level. You can go even further and make a non active key (white color) so it is useless unless you activate it, the machines also can be locked at the beginning, so the player needs to restore power on certain areas to use them. The down side of this is that the player needs to a activate a part of something in every room, collect pieces of an object, or different items to achieve a final goal, and all the level makes sense, as well you'll need to choose what machines convert the keys to what colors and plan all the possible escenarios to avoid make a deadend for the player. Just throwing some ideas.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 23 September 2018 - 06:24 AM

These are nice ideas. :P That said, the making of the level is already finished and this machine was just expected as a gag in one of the 3 scenarios of this level. I hope the many surprises that this one offers will make up for it :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 23 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

• Music Producer

View PostSeb Luca, on 23 September 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

These are nice ideas. :P That said, the making of the level is already finished and this machine was just expected as a gag in one of the 3 scenarios of this level. I hope the many surprises that this one offers will make up for it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I more or less imagined that, but maybe you can use it in a later level.

Why not ? I'll see if I have the opportunity.
But do not hesitate to try the first, if this level project motivates you ? :rolleyes:

User is offline   eGraphics 

Posted Image

I'm working on recreating the world map to Legend of Zelda for NES in Duke3D. Also it's been a while since I've signed in. I hope everyone is doing well. It's good to be back.

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 27 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options