Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   jimbob 

awesome :)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postdandouglas, on 06 March 2022 - 08:35 AM, said:

More progress on my office block, I've opened up the side so the player can see out and created a rain effect which I'm really happy with:

Wow, 10/10 Build stuff

User is offline   quakis 

@Jimbob & @dandouglas: Great work! Loving what I've been seeing for a while now, these are two projects I'm looking forward to.

@Aleks: I was quite pleased with a lobby I put together for an old wip map, but that screenshot just screams some dang fine mapping and now looking back at my own lobby feels underwhelming by comparison, haha. You've really been dishing out all the punches with Build lately from technical to visuals, good stuff.

This post has been edited by quakis: 07 March 2022 - 08:35 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png
  • Attached Image: duke0004.png
  • Attached Image: duke0005.png

Posted Image

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Is this... an ingame selection menu for mods? This could catapult the Addon Compilation onto a whole new level.

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostNightFright, on 08 March 2022 - 02:31 PM, said:

Is this... an ingame selection menu for mods? This could catapult the Addon Compilation onto a whole new level.

• The Truth is in here

I don't know how you guys will pull that off, but I am already at the edge of my seat. This even seems to read addon descriptions from the readme? That's a level of integration I never dared to dream about...

User is offline   jimbob 

thats awesome :)

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2022 - 10:41 AM, said:

I don't know how you guys will pull that off, but I am already at the edge of my seat. This even seems to read addon descriptions from the readme? That's a level of integration I never dared to dream about...

The description is stored in a JSON file, along with several other properties, like which CON and DEF files to load, as well as which map to start after reboot.

For grpinfo files, it simply imports what's available in the grpinfo format currently, which isn't a lot of info, but it suffices to load the content.

For the hardcoded addons like Duke Caribbean or Nuclear Winter, I defined a few descriptions myself.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Would it still be possible to load addons separately (like I do for the sake of adding in widescreen graphics, Darkus' con fixes if I can, etc.), or this is just an entirely optional and separate EAC integration thing?

View PostNinety-Six, on 09 March 2022 - 12:59 PM, said:

Would it still be possible to load addons separately (like I do for the sake of adding in widescreen graphics, Darkus' con fixes if I can, etc.), or this is just an entirely optional and separate EAC integration thing?

Loading grpinfo files is just a compatibility feature of the menu, its main purpose is to allow defining and combining mods much more flexibly than what was possible before.

I will provide more details on it once it's more finalized.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 09 March 2022 - 01:48 PM, said:

its main purpose is to allow defining and combining mods much more flexibly than what was possible before.

oh

• The Truth is in here

I am curious how it's possible to only load one addon at a time while avoiding conflicting resources (art, sounds etc). But BloodGDX already did it, and quite well, I might add. If it works the way it looks, it's going to be ingenious.

Now we only need to make EDuke32 fully compatible with all these addons (again). But one step at a time.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I did a test using a new AI

Posted Image

I took each frame from the walking animation of my N64-style liztroop upscale/edit, and processed with the following frame. I then downscaled the result in my standard fashion and put together with the "normal" frames.

Now don't expect to see this in the ERP, at least not in the next version, this is just one of five directions of one animation, and there's no fullbrights applied (easy) or opacity mask (very time consuming and something I suspect would have to be done manually)

User is offline   dandouglas 

More progress on my office block, I've improved the rain effect and built a view from the windows. Can't go overboard on detail as i have to rebuild this view by hand three more times (one for each floor you can see out of) due to some copy-paste issues I'm experiencing with TROR, but I think it looks pretty cool.

User is offline   jimbob 

random shot of the day

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png

User is offline   uLTra 

Hey there,
I just wanted to show the first three screenshots from my new project.
At first I wanted to continue my White Noise mod and already started to rebuild some sections and replace textures. But at some point I changed my mind because I can't realise all my ideas due to my lack of scripting. The try and error method is very time consuming and very frustrating.

So I decided to abandon the WN project and make a single user map with minor changes and new textures & sounds instead.
The lighting is brighter and it will focus on action gameplay instead of horror. But it's still gloomy and polymer lighting is still essential for the atmosphere. Also there is a whole new storyline. Hope to show more soon :-)

Attached Image: duke0008.jpg
Attached Image: duke0010.jpg
Attached Image: duke0016.jpg

User is offline   jimbob 

i really like it :)

anyway, here's a random shot of the day

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0002.png

User is offline   uLTra 

There will be special explosive crates which cause massive(!) damage around. So don't stand to close when they explode ;)
Also there will be remains on the floor.

Some enemies will have much more details to fit in the map. turrets will have a case which gets destroyed after shooting it and eggs will have goo on the floor.

Don't give too much attetion to the surroundings. The outdoor area for example isn't nearly half complete and the excavator design will revised :)

User is offline   jimbob 

im calling it quits on this map, going to do some detailing and then on to the next one :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png

User is offline   jimbob 

also made a video of a playthrough of the new germany map.

User is offline   dandouglas 

Modified the sentry drone code to make some angry seagulls for my mod

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postdandouglas, on 19 March 2022 - 06:49 AM, said:

Modified the sentry drone code to make some angry seagulls for my mod

https://www.youtube....h?v=WTZ23Yls6_g

https://www.youtube....6&v=nmBX0miNpHM

User is offline   jimbob 

doggos

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: doggo.png

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View Postjimbob, on 20 March 2022 - 10:39 AM, said:

doggos
I understand that you took tons of photos of yourself to represent the enemies, but what about the dogs? How did you make them? I'm very impressed with both your mod and Dandouglas' Duke Smoochem, they look better than most of those Doom-Quake retro FPS clones.

User is offline   Mark 

My guess is he killed his neighbor's dog and before it went stiff he stuffed thick wire in the legs and posed it for frames. :lol:

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostPerro Seco, on 20 March 2022 - 11:53 AM, said:

I understand that you took tons of photos of yourself to represent the enemies, but what about the dogs? How did you make them? I'm very impressed with both your mod and Dandouglas' Duke Smoochem, they look better than most of those Doom-Quake retro FPS clones.

the dog was a model from sketchfab, its nearly impossible to get all the correct photographs from an actual dog, especially because i dont have one, and i dont think i could candidly shoot dogs at a park without the owners asking awkward questions like "who are you" and "why are you hiding in the bushes with a salami"

View PostMark, on 20 March 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

My guess is he killed his neighbor's dog and before it went stiff he stuffed thick wire in the legs and posed it for frames. :lol:

i didnt think of the taxidermy and or weekend at bernies method yet :huh:

[edit] well for now he's done. he's fast, agressive and can do some neat things. evasive too so he's going to be a fire drawer enemy, a few can chew you up good and fast.

This post has been edited by jimbob: 20 March 2022 - 03:22 PM

User is offline   Aleks 

If you remember the old crane building based on the Danzig Crane, which can be see on the left of the first photo here (and probably on some other pictures I have shared):

View PostAleks, on 29 December 2021 - 10:37 AM, said:

Few more screens from me, showing more of the streets as well as one shop interior that I'm not sure I've ever showed around here, despite being built quite a while ago. It's still very WIP, which is especially noticable on some textures being placeholders or not having the correct shade value (also shadows are missing from the street, this will be added towards the end as I need to establish the general urbanscape of the whole town before going into specifics). Currently at about 7000 walls and 6500 sprites.
Attachment duke0083.png Attachment duke0084.png Attachment duke0085.png

I've decided to make it possible to enter it through some SOS fuckery. Here's some pictures of the inside of one of the rotundas on the sides. The positions of windows are corresponding to their positions from the outside, also I've used some of my little lighting tricks, so the door to the staircase (the spiral stairs will lead to upper floor) casts a light from the inside of it, also due to the fire being the only lightsource here, I've used the same trick as in The Conundrum final level with slide doors making the shade sectors "flicker".
Attached Image: duke0097.png Attached Image: duke0098.png

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options