Duke4.net Forums: 8422 polymost renderer, is something wrong with it? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8422 polymost renderer, is something wrong with it?

User is offline   ViDi 

What's wrong with it? Feels and looks almost like classic renderer. Here's a little comparison

Map (if needed)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

That's intentional

User is offline   ViDi 

Is it possible to make it work as it was before? Maybe add some options to choose from?

This post has been edited by ViDi: 13 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Type R_FLATSKY 0 in the console

User is offline   ViDi 

I think I found a real bug. If I go to user maps section and choose one I can't go back to title screen using Esc button.

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 December 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Type R_FLATSKY 0 in the console

Thanks.

This post has been edited by ViDi: 13 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It might look odd but the sky was basically changed to how it has always worked in software, where it's basically a scrolling bitmap in the background.
This of course is way more visible with "Real 3D".
Viewport in classic was essentially just over-drawing everything above/below the play view and practically scrolling that bitmap as a whole, including geometry :lol:

Flat sky will force the texture to draw as part of 3D geometry, of course the texture dimensions are nowhere near enough for something like this so it will only cover a very tiny part of the sky itself, resulting in the sky stopping short.
There is no win-win solution for this, I would recommend using Fox's skybox pack, which covers the whole "3D view"

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postoasiz, on 14 December 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

There is no win-win solution for this, I would recommend using Fox's skybox pack, which covers the whole "3D view"

Yeah, I think removing that from the fixes pack was a mistake.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Making a longer art tile for the sky should be a feasible solution. I don't know if something like that works right now, but it should work.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 14 December 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Making a longer art tile for the sky should be a feasible solution. I don't know if something like that works right now, but it should work.

We tried that for HTTKC and it still looked bad.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options