Duke4.net Forums: SW in changelog - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SW in changelog

User is offline   Mark 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 31 January 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

It's good to have other port for Build engine game.

If it brings something new besides the vanilla game. Otherwise its just a programmer's exercise.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Competition is healthy and inspires hustle.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Fully agreed, but what bothers me is Graf spent the last couple months insulting EDuke32 just to fork all their code into his own port. smh Right now there's no competition considering he's produced nothing of value in regards to Build. But perhaps he's getting there? (GZPolymer would be a welcomed addition).

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Graf is a fucking retard who leaves texture filtering on by default.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Anyone who uses GZDoom to play the vanilla game is not very bright. (PrBoom+ is the bomb)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Phoenix Doom tho

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 01 February 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

Fully agreed, but what bothers me is Graf spent the last couple months insulting EDuke32 just to fork all their code into his own port. smh Right now there's no competition considering he's produced nothing of value in regards to Build. But perhaps he's getting there? (GZPolymer would be a welcomed addition).

It's still too early as he just want a "base" to work with if he want a better "polymer-like" renderer, and the reason he forked, I guess he just can't stand the original code but who knows what will happens next if he still want continues.

View PostHorseDongSub69, on 01 February 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Graf is a fucking retard who leaves texture filtering on by default.

But that's why you can turn it off...and he won't changed his mind as many already tried, calling him "retard" won't changed anything but flame war(s).

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 01 February 2020 - 08:04 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'll happily flame him; He's a retard.

Latest revision checked out from svn builds cleanly and looks a lot better.

Is there a tracker for known issues?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postcomorbidity, on 07 February 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

Latest revision checked out from svn builds cleanly and looks a lot better.

Is there a tracker for known issues?
Since they're built from the same source repository you could use the EDuke32 bug report section, or try the EDuke32 bug tracker :rolleyes: .

View PostLeoD, on 07 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Since they're built from the same source repository you could use the EDuke32 bug report section, or try the EDuke32 bug tracker :rolleyes: .

*facepalm* thanks

User is offline   Vadim Z 

I'm terribly sorry, but can you tell me, how can I try SW with eduke? Can't fugure it! Thanks!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

You need to compile binaries on your own until it's ready for proper beta/release.
Right now the state is still considered to be in a state that it's not ready for bigger circulation, hence this arbitrary obstacle.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options