Duke4.net Forums: SW in changelog - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SW in changelog

User is offline   Vadim Z 

Hi everyone!

In the changelog to r8344 I've noticed fixes for "SW". Does it mean that Shadow Warrior can be played (or, maybe, will be) via EDuke32?

User is online   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Will be, and it's looking good!

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

Will this include full Mapster support for SW?

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

SW's editor (not a hacked Duke one) is building. If you would like to beta test it privately, PM me.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Does this mean more SW maps in the future? :P It kinda gets neglected compared to Duke3D and Blood.

User is online   necroslut 

Good news!

User is offline   Photonic 

View PostHendricks266, on 02 December 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

SW's editor (not a hacked Duke one) is building. If you would like to beta test it privately, PM me.

It was the best hack around.

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

Was it something other than ICD's version? I don't remember any other one.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I admit, I already tried placing sw.grp in my Eduke32 dir just to see if the game might already be detected by latest snapshots.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

User is online   Phredreeke 

I doubt SW would ever be detected by EDuke32 for the same reason it doesn't detect Blood or Redneck Rampage.

View PostNightFright, on 02 December 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

I admit, I already tried placing sw.grp in my Eduke32 dir just to see if the game might already be detected by latest snapshots.

Tried the same a week ago or so, then i dropped the SW.GRP directly on eduke32.exe to open it, the first weird and funny things are the Sumo/cylinders in E1L1.Thanks in advance to the devs that have decided to dedicate some time to SW as well, <3 you.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

It's its own binary. Don't bother trying to get SW running with eduke32.exe. It won't work.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So I guess that means we will eventually see separate binary packages pop up along with the EDuke32 snapshots.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostNightFright, on 04 December 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

So I guess that means we will eventually see separate binary packages pop up along with the EDuke32 snapshots.

This.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options