Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC 3.6 released! - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC 3.6 released!  "Now with Polymost support!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFantinaikos, on 30 September 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

BTW the bug of the cultist that does not drop the skull key for the upstair door in Providence got fixed in this version?

the key to that house by the clock tower? That hasn't been a drop in a very long time. It's buried in the snow & requires the combat shovel to retrieve

Sangman, I have tried launching it after deleting the "settings.cfg" and the situation remains the same. It was a nice try though, deleting stuff already worked in the past ...

Here's my log of this test, though I doubt you'll see anything special in it, since I always have to "stop the process" :
Spoiler

BTW, it may be a dumb question but, is the fact that I'm using Win7 potentially responsible ?
Cause, if the build is meant to use Win10 then we would already have our answer to the problem >_>

User is offline   Sangman 

Post. Your. System. Specs.

View PostSangman, on 30 September 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

Post. Your. System. Specs.

I'm not sure if it's enough (I'm not sure how you check your specs, hence why I was so reticent to doing it) but ...
It seems I have a 2.00 GHz AMD processor and 4Go or RAM. Also it seems I have an NVidia nForce 10/100 card. I can't find more than that >_>

I also know that the processor is 1 core, which may partly explain the lagg issues I have with mirrors but I ain't convinced.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 October 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'm not sure if it's enough (I'm not sure how you check your specs, hence why I was so reticent to doing it) but ...
It seems I have a 2.00 GHz AMD processor and 4Go or RAM. Also it seems I have an NVidia nForce 10/100 card. I can't find more than that >_>

I also know that the processor is 1 core, which may partly explain the lagg issues I have with mirrors but I ain't convinced.

nForce was discontinued over a decade ago, and only having a single-core 2.00GHz processor is extremely low-end, no wonder you're having problems. Your system is ancient.

The only thing I can suggest you try is updating your drivers, but considering how old your hardware is I doubt that will help much.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 01 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

View PostDoom64hunter, on 01 October 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

nForce was discontinued over a decade ago, and only having a single-core 2.00GHz processor is extremely low-end, no wonder you're having problems. Your system is ancient.

The only thing I can suggest you try is updating your drivers, but considering how old your hardware is I doubt that will help much.

Well it may be old but it still works fine. Though, like everything, it always ends up too obsolete at some point, I am already happy that AMC's classic mode runs well and Duke HRP polymost too (with older builds though)
Anyway, Classic runs so well compared to before, I can deal without polymost. Let's hope you'll find a solution for the other people with the same problem still !

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

We’re not engine programmers though, so that seems unlikely. What we’ve done are a few trivial tweaks here and there like raising the sound limit. It’s a far cry from implementing entirely new renderer features such as texture filtering. In that case, if it were so simple, the devs would have added it themselves by now.

Tried to making it work with the old custom r6775 and AMC_SOUNDS.CON seems to have a major issue.

CODE/AMC_SOUNDS.CON:6299: error: exceeded sound limit of 4096.
CODE/AMC_SOUNDS.CON:6688: error: exceeded sound limit of 4096.

I don't know if it is generated by using the old snapshot and it does not occur to who can start with the new one, but these are the last lines before the crash.

YES, v3.6.1e is applied.

View PostFantinaikos, on 02 October 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Tried to making it work with the old custom r6775 and AMC_SOUNDS.CON seems to have a major issue.

I don't know if it is generated by using the old snapshot and it does not occur to who can start with the new one, but these are the last lines before the crash.

YES, v3.6.1e is applied.

There is a reason why we're using a custom build, you know.

User is offline   Jblade 

yeah I thought I'd specifically say it can only work with our custom snapshot for fun you know, not for any actual specific reason like it will not work or anything like that.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMicky C, on 01 October 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

We’re not engine programmers though, so that seems unlikely.

Really? I thought the whole AMC team consisted of ninjas behind the keyboard.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSpitfire, on 03 October 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Really? I thought the whole AMC team consisted of ninjas behind the keyboard.

looks like Sang.
I supposes that's James with the banana

I got a few things to report, before I leave.

1_ The door to the arms dealer in Sang's portion of Arsia Mons is still broken. It won't open with the password.

2_ There is a glitch with Gas Masks. When you get out of a zone that requires it, the character doesn't remove it. It will eventually be removed but not before a long long while. In Megabase you can play with the door in order to fix the issue quickly but not in other levels.

3_ Flechette Shells are randomly (and quite often) extremely powerfull ! The PowerSuit in Providence went down after barely 2 or 3 hits ! I could also beat the two Zilla Powersuits (nice surprise BTW) with less than 10 of these.

4_ Highwire's default shotgun is still subject to the ammo glitch from before. As usual, just having the weapon triggers the glitch, and I still have no clue as to what's causing it and found no way to counter it >_>

BTW, so far, only Megabase has a small missing texture problem. Other levels from Ep 1 and 2 are safe.
BTW 2, having the possibility to disable voxels is a feaking blessing in certain levels for performance. I highly thank you for giving this option !

User is offline   Jblade 

We still can't recreate the arms dealer thing, I don't know what you're doing.

The 2nd one isn't a glitch, your character doesn't remove the gas mask until all active enemies have been killed or they've been out of sight for a while - this is so you don't pull the mask off whilst in the middle of combat

View PostJblade, on 04 October 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

We still can't recreate the arms dealer thing, I don't know what you're doing.

The 2nd one isn't a glitch, your character doesn't remove the gas mask until all active enemies have been killed or they've been out of sight for a while - this is so you don't pull the mask off whilst in the middle of combat

Oh okay for #2 O_o, I would have never imagined it was a feature ^^

Well for Arsia Mons I have no idea either. I go talk to the people, they give me the password, I say the password and nothing happens >_> I tried both with and without trying the "bloodshot" just in case it could have an influence. I also thought it was because of the lagging in the level because of the ships traffic but I don't see how this could prevent an actor from working ...

The way I see it, the problem may be either in the map file, or in the release. Or maybe in the fact I use Win7.

The way I see it, the problem may be either in the map file, or in the release. Or maybe in the fact I use Win7.

you just covered literally every option

thanks for the assist

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 04 October 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

Well for Arsia Mons I have no idea either. I go talk to the people, they give me the password, I say the password and nothing happens >_> I tried both with and without trying the "bloodshot" just in case it could have an influence. I also thought it was because of the lagging in the level because of the ships traffic but I don't see how this could prevent an actor from working ...

I forgot to mention it but this has (likely) been fixed with Patch v3.6.2

User is offline   Paul B 

Happy to announce that this TC can also be downloaded with its latest patch from here: http://www.dukemaps....tc-1-2-download

Ad Free Baby!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 21 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostPaul B, on 21 October 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Happy to announce that this TC can also be downloaded with its latest patch from here: http://www.dukemaps....tc-1-2-download

Ad Free Baby!

Thanks for hosting.

If it is the latest patch, could you update the version number? Currently it's listed as "v3.6" which is misleading.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMicky C, on 21 October 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

Thanks for hosting.

If it is the latest patch, could you update the version number? Currently it's listed as "v3.6" which is misleading.

The latest patch is a separate download linked below the main V3.6. If you don't scroll down far enough I could see someone missing it. They are separate downloads though.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier! Looks amazing. Posted to front page. Submit news please! https://duke4.net/submit/

User is offline   Jim 

is there a difference in the source for 3.6 vs 3.62? if so, where do I find the source to build the exe for version 3.6.2?

User is offline   Jblade 

https://github.com/c...eduke32-amcfork

User is offline   Jim 

so there is no difference in source in the exe between 3.6 and 3.62? Because the file on there said modified 23 days ago, before the patch came out.

View PostJim, on 26 October 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

so there is no difference in source in the exe between 3.6 and 3.62? Because the file on there said modified 23 days ago, before the patch came out.

The patch includes the exe built from the current master on the repo. What changed was a fix to the rotated textures disappearing if per-map tiles were used.

I've forwarded this fix to the eduke32 devs for the record.

There seems to be a problem with my display.
When I start amctc.exe (32-bit version) and the game starts, the intro video works fine but the menu is a black screen.
The game still works, as I can hear the menu sounds of selecting and I can quit the game fine, but I can't see anything else than a black screen.

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 950
4 GB RAM
GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB
Windows Vista SP2

amctc.log

Duke32 (AMC Custom) r8133
Built Oct 4 2019 01:53:51, GCC 9.2.0, 32-bit
Using E:/Games/AMCTC_EP3_v3.6/ for game data
Running on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (build 6.0.6002)
Initializing SDL 2.0.10
Searching for game data...
Using "AMCTC.grp" as main game data file.
Using file "AMCART.GRP" as game data.
Compiling: CODE/AMC_MAIN.CON (430465 bytes)
Relocated compiled code from 0x076e0020 to 0x07cf0020
Including: CODE/AMCVARS.CON (53523 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCDEFS.CON (38701 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCUSER.CON (41606 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_SOUNDS.CON (444290 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_EPS.CON (21764 bytes)
Including: AMC_SETTINGS.INI (2880 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_LOADA.CON (29914 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_SUBTITLES.CON (260797 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_CUT_SUB.CON (318707 bytes)
Including: CODE/GETZRANGE.CON (1322 bytes)
Including: CODE/PSTATS.CON (824099 bytes)
Including: CODE/EBIKE.CON (16649 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCEXTRA.CON (493866 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCSTEPS.CON (25082 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCWEPS.CON (991249 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCENEMY.CON (627602 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_ALTJS.CON (8362 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_BEYONDBRAIN.CON (4592 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_COBRA.CON (4621 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_GORILLA.CON (8350 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_HPOWERSUIT.CON (6807 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_FASCIST.CON (10971 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_MJ12TROOP.CON (10276 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_PATCOS.CON (5606 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_PEELDER.CON (8166 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_PEGRUNT.CON (8622 bytes)
Including: CODE/ENEMY/AMC_SPACELIZTROOP.CON (3223 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_COM.CON (282881 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCCOMP.CON (1074674 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCSCENE.CON (90566 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCALLY.CON (141694 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCFOXTANK.CON (33922 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCDISP.CON (281678 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCITEMS.CON (214848 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_OBJECTS.CON (75425 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMCINPUT.CON (113480 bytes)
Including: CODE/LENSFLARE.CON (5334 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_ZAX.CON (250173 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_MIKKO.CON (13445 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_DMGSPRITE_DEFS.CON (4088 bytes)
Including: CODE/AMC_DMGSPRITE_MODS.CON (40679 bytes)
Compiled 4235760 bytes in 677ms
AMC TC v3.6
Initialized 1024.0M cache
Loading "AMCTC.DEF"
Definitions file "AMCTC.DEF" loaded in 1195 ms.
Initializing OSD...
No game controllers found
Loading clip map: _clipshape0.map
Loaded clip map.
Executing "settings.cfg"
Setting video mode 1152x864 (32-bpp windowed)
Refresh rate: 85Hz
OpenGL information
NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.3.0
Opened "texturecache" as cache file
Generating voxel models for Polymost. This may take a while...
Initializing music...
Initializing sound... 64 voices, 2 channels, 16-bit 44100 Hz
animvpx: rate is 24 frames / 1 seconds (24.000 fps).
animvpx: GLSL mode
VP8 timing stats (mean, max) [ms] for 51 frames:
read and decode frame: 1.41, 5
3 planes -> packed conversion: 0.65, 5
upload and display: 5.25, 190

Wrote eduke32.cfg
Wrote settings.cfg

What could be the problem? Is my system too old?
Thank you in advance! :o

Do you own a copy of Duke3D? Have you tried running that in OpenGL with this version of eduke32?
https://dukeworld.co.../20190919-8133/

Just trying to see if it's the mod or eduke causing problems

This post has been edited by Sangman: 02 November 2019 - 08:04 AM

I also have an AMD phenom, but X6. eduke32 doesn't like AMDs from what I'm told. That maybe your problem, but look for a second opinion/observation.

User is offline   Forge 

Try running the AMC TC in 8bit / classic video mode.

If you don't get the black screen, then your video card is probably too dated.

Recent snapshots have left behind older hardware.

One of the doors in Egypt F.O.B is broken as of the latest patch (3.6.2) It's the one where the artifact is shaped like an hourglass. If you enter it, all you get is a black screen, and not transferred to that particular level.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options