Duke4.net Forums: Tilefromtexture and ifcrc - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tilefromtexture and ifcrc

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I have an issue with ifcrc when using it in tilefromtexture.

In my example file attached below, the game is using the widescreen replacement for the statusbar (#2462) just fine with the correct ifcrc parameter.
However, when doing the same with any weapon (e.g. pistol or shrinker), it doesn't work unless I remove ifcrc completely. I am 100% sure I took the correct CRC values via BAFED from duke3d.grp and vacation.grp.

The idea behind this was to have widescreen replacements for weapons only if original tiles from Duke Nukem 3D or Life's A Beach are used (but not if they are altered by mods).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 September 2019 - 07:15 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

If CRC is larger than 2147483647, subtract 4294967296 from it.

View Postfgsfds, on 20 September 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

If CRC is larger than 2147483647, subtract 4294967296 from it.

I find it pretty weird and unintuitive that the CRC in eduke32 is not treated as an unsigned value.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 20 September 2019 - 07:42 AM

• The Truth is in here

Wow, that's a solution I wouldn't have come up with by myself for sure. o.O Gotta try.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I believe the def parser also supports hexadecimal literals, so try entering the CRC into calc.exe and switching the output to hex, then prefixing it with 0x.

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, the grpinfo of Ion Fury uses that format, for example. In the addon compilation I use the values from the checksum textfile EDuke32 creates on startup, works the same way.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options