Duke4.net Forums: Store backslash \ key in eDuke32-OldMP config? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Store backslash \ key in eDuke32-OldMP config?

User is offline   Elvisish 

This happens with quite a few games where the \ key won't get stored and I have to redefine it every single time. Every time I start eDuke32, I have to redefine the backslash key, is there a way of getting the config file to remember this?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'm assuming Old-MP is running off a branch of eDuke32 pre-r5733. That's when that issue was addressed in the core series.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostNinety-Six, on 17 August 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'm assuming Old-MP is running off a branch of eDuke32 pre-r5733. That's when that issue was addressed in the core series.

This.

EDuke32-OldMP is based on an extremely ancient version of EDuke32. I've done my best to bring it somewhat up-to-date, but there's things like this here and there that are still a problem. Sorry about that.

Not sure when I'll get it out, but I plan on doing something with OldMP that should help fix things.

User is offline   Elvisish 

View PostStriker, on 17 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

This.

EDuke32-OldMP is based on an extremely ancient version of EDuke32. I've done my best to bring it somewhat up-to-date, but there's things like this here and there that are still a problem. Sorry about that.

Not sure when I'll get it out, but I plan on doing something with OldMP that should help fix things.

Awesome, I'll look forward to it! I still don't know why some of the older games/ports can't store backslash (some games don't even accept it at all, like Serious Sam, I think?) it's as if it was a weird keycode at some point?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Dunno about Sam but for eDuke, I think it has something to do with the language that stores key bindings, where \ is a character that usually means something. So instead of interpreting it as a binding it interprets it as a command and renders the binding assigned as blank.

Something like that anyway, I think.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options