Duke4.net Forums: Store backslash \ key in eDuke32-OldMP config? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Store backslash \ key in eDuke32-OldMP config?

User is offline   Elvisish 

This happens with quite a few games where the \ key won't get stored and I have to redefine it every single time. Every time I start eDuke32, I have to redefine the backslash key, is there a way of getting the config file to remember this?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'm assuming Old-MP is running off a branch of eDuke32 pre-r5733. That's when that issue was addressed in the core series.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostNinety-Six, on 17 August 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'm assuming Old-MP is running off a branch of eDuke32 pre-r5733. That's when that issue was addressed in the core series.

This.

EDuke32-OldMP is based on an extremely ancient version of EDuke32. I've done my best to bring it somewhat up-to-date, but there's things like this here and there that are still a problem. Sorry about that.

Not sure when I'll get it out, but I plan on doing something with OldMP that should help fix things.

User is offline   Elvisish 

View PostStriker, on 17 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

This.

EDuke32-OldMP is based on an extremely ancient version of EDuke32. I've done my best to bring it somewhat up-to-date, but there's things like this here and there that are still a problem. Sorry about that.

Not sure when I'll get it out, but I plan on doing something with OldMP that should help fix things.

Awesome, I'll look forward to it! I still don't know why some of the older games/ports can't store backslash (some games don't even accept it at all, like Serious Sam, I think?) it's as if it was a weird keycode at some point?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Dunno about Sam but for eDuke, I think it has something to do with the language that stores key bindings, where \ is a character that usually means something. So instead of interpreting it as a binding it interprets it as a command and renders the binding assigned as blank.

Something like that anyway, I think.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options