Duke4.net Forums: Duke's ride is missing (LINUX) - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke's ride is missing (LINUX)

User is offline   mwnn 

I thought I'd post here it's probably a Mesa bug but I wondering if anyone can replicate.

Upon starting Hollywood Holocaust I don't see Duke's ride crash but the speech line still plays.

I've recorded a video using SimpleScreenRecorder @ 720p windowed:
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Other than this minor issue I haven't noticed any other problems.
Altering resolution or fullscreen/windowed or the renderer used (classic, polymost, polymer) doesn't make any difference.

My Duke3D game data matches the known good hashes i.e:

22b6938fe767e5cc57d1fe13080cd522  DUKE3D.GRP
9d29f9673bbdb56068acf7645c13749c  DUKE.RTS

I'm building the latest EDuke32 from source on Debian Testing - currently EDuke32 r8031

I've got a AMD R9 285 and build the latest Mesa from source against LLVM 8 - glxinfo attached.

I also compile the mainline kernel from kernel.org - although I'm currently using:
Linux debian 5.2.0-mainline-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 8 08:57:03 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've attached the output of dpkg -l which lists all the Debian packages I have installed.

I did try several previous versions of EDuke32 going back at least a year but it didn't make any difference.
I'm certain I've seen the car crash in the past but not sure how long ago it was - would've been an earlier Mesa version with LLVM 7.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   mwnn 

Sorry to double post - I tried commenting out some lines in my /etc/environment file which reverts me back to using the Mesa driver provided by Debian. (Mesa 19.1.4)
But that didn't make any difference!

What did make a difference is hitting Escape when starting the map.
Hitting tilde to drop the console down and turning on NOCLIP.
If I quickly drop out of the map I can see the car crashing below the building.
This video shows what I mean:
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by mwnn: 16 August 2019 - 05:53 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options