Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32.exe works but not Mapster32.exe - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32.exe works but not Mapster32.exe

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Since my PC is dead I've been using my old laptop which is a Thinkpad running Win10. But there are no proper OpenGL drivers for the chipset. Some games work and some don't. I dual-boot to Ubuntu for things that won't work at all because of the OpenGL issue (like Minecraft). Strange thing is EDuke32 works in software mode (as does Ion Fury) but Mapster32 will not and just immediately dump to desktop after trying to start after the launcher even though Software mode is selected (latest version). The log says it's because my system "doesn't support OpenGL version 2 or greater. GL modes are unavailable." Obviously. I'm trying to start in software mode. Is Software mode not really software mode? Are some aspects OpenGL anyway? Or does it try to check for OpenGL regardless and fail regardless?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 July 2019 - 09:05 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

probably won't help, or you already done it, but try setting the couple OpenGL settings in mapster.cfg to 'no' (0 ?)

User is offline   Kyanos 

I tried compiling a build of Mapster32 with "USE_OPENGL := 0" and it hit an error looking for a polymost variable that was undeclared...

You could probably try older revisions.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostForge, on 23 July 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

probably won't help, or you already done it, but try setting the couple OpenGL settings in mapster.cfg to 'no' (0 ?)

I have not. I can try tonight after work.

View PostPhotonic, on 23 July 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

I tried compiling a build of Mapster32 with "USE_OPENGL := 0" and it hit an error looking for a polymost variable that was undeclared...

You could probably try older revisions.

Ah, will changing the CFG not work then? So this is some kind of regression. I'll look for an older version that works if the CFG suggestion doesn't.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 July 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

So this is some kind of regression.

Try 4593 (the build just before android) it seemed to compile without opengl, I hit a linker error but it could just be my environment mingw is too new.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I believe software blits using GL nowdays as it speeds up a LOT despite doing everything still in CPU otherwise.
There still should be a fallback for this when this fails.

Try something like early 2018 to see if it works or not.

• The Sarien Encounter

The last version that works is 6917 (June 12, 2018).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options