Duke4.net Forums: Using Windows MIDI Mapper with EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Windows MIDI Mapper with EDuke32

User is offline   mjr4077au 

I have an actual Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 connected to my PC via a Roland UM-ONE and it works great for MIDI-aware games like GZDoom etc, and I've made it the default MIDI Mapper with MIDIMapper Configurator.

How can I configure EDuke32 to use the MIDI mapper in the operating system? I imagine it's using FluidSynth or something at the moment?

@Admins, apologies but please move to the "help me" category, I misposted...

OK somewhat embarrassing but EDuke32 because it's scanning and finding my Megaton folder in Steam, its loading its music which is why this is occurring. This can be closed.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Just to clearify about MIDI and EDuke32:

EDuke32 uses the Windows MIDI mapper. Under Win10 you pretty much need to install the Coolsoft MIDI Mapper if you still want to have control over MIDI devices.

It would be great for EDuke32 to have an internal MIDI mapper like e.g. GZDoom is using, but it's been like this forever and I doubt it's still considered at this point.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

View PostNightFright, on 17 July 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Just to clearify about MIDI and EDuke32:

EDuke32 uses the Windows MIDI mapper. Under Win10 you pretty much need to install the Coolsoft MIDI Mapper if you still want to have control over MIDI devices.

It would be great for EDuke32 to have an internal MIDI mapper like e.g. GZDoom is using, but it's been like this forever and I doubt it's still considered at this point.

I have Coolsoft's MIDI Mapper in use and that works great. What happened is I thought EDuke32 changed to some internal FluidSynth implementation because it stopped using my Sound Canvas, but in reality it was the newer EDuke32 instances picking up music from my Megaton install :P. I call EDuke32 with -usecwd and all's good now :dukecigar:.

Ideally if EDuke32 used the "gameroot/classic" folder for finding duke3d.grp instead of just "gameroot", it wouldn't pick up all the other fluff and I wouldn't need to maintain grp files in my EDuke32 directory. But, I imagine people without a synth probably like the music that comes with the Megaton edition (not that it's bad music, but it's cool to use my actual synth :lol:).

This post has been edited by Mitch Richters: 17 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options