Duke4.net Forums: Borderlands corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands corner

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Borderlands universe is just as much about "cringy" jokes and pop cultures references as the Duke Nukem universe does, its not a big deal, reminds me that we shouldn't question any absurd element in any of these universes
The antagonists are just more anoying than they ever were, thats all

New Tales From The Borderlands :

User is offline   jkas789 

Meh. Not a fan.

Seems pretty solid to me, similar to the first one

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 September 2022 - 07:28 AM

ha a great time playing through New Tales of the Borderlands, with a bonus : full french this time

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 18 November 2022 - 01:24 PM

Oddly, I have saves of Borderlands GOTY and Borderlands 2 Vr on the same drive as The Pre Sequel, but The Pre Sequel doesn't detect any of these saves and I can't get the fidelity bonuses you are supposed to get for having both Borderlands 1 and 2...

September is the Month of Mayhem apparently? Gearbox posted some SHIFT codes that give players some golden keys and weapons.

https://store.steamp...37196?l=english

Neat I suppose. Not as useful because 7/10 times the items you get from farming are way better.

User is offline   Lunick 

The Shift code for The Pre-Sequel is for a gun that doesn't drop normally and has only been accessible via save editors. Useful if you play the game on consoles.

To be quite honest I would be more hyped if they gave us the Grog Nozzle. I still have a old Grog that legit dropped way back in one of the Hunting events way back. It's like level 60 or something like that though. So it's not that useful for a modern OP Ultimate Vault Hunter run.

The Conference Call is pretty nice though. It's still one of the best weapons in the game.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 09 September 2023 - 12:41 AM

its level 70

Really? I would need to check. It's on a commando that I haven't touched in a while so.... ヽ( ̄~ ̄ )ノ

I find that once you get to a certain point you abandon a character and create a new one. Mainly because no one likes playing with OP people. <_<

the interest of making multiples characters is the badass levels/points, to permanently increase the stats on all your characters, oddly from Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel to Borderlands 3 it got nerfed...

oddly in Pre-Sequel I can get all the golden keys already redeemed and the month of chaos weapon every time I start the game...

Pre-Sequel is interesting with the low gravity / air management, and the crusher that let you crush 3 items of the same type and quality in hope to get something more interesting (seems to have found its way to Shadow Warrior 2)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 September 2023 - 10:45 AM

How I feel about Clap-Trap :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 February 2024 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

WTF is that casting

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't understand why older actors like Jamie Lee Curtis and Kate Blanchett who have respectable careers would make themselves laughingstocks in a trash movie they have no business being in. When Tiny Tina steals the show just by being not old, you know you have a serious problem.

• Duke Plus Developer

I knew that Randy was a man of the 80s, but I never imagined that he would want his Borderlands movie to be a sequel to The Golden Girls.

User is offline   Aleks 

I dunno, the trailer looks like any other action blockbuster movie. It's a game where the main premises are fancy loot/reward system and strong visual style, the 2nd seems to be captured quite well in the trailer. I don't think anyone's expecting there to be any deeper plot or story considering the one in the game itself is practically non-existent, besides the world building through random side-quests.

And both Cate Blanchett and Jamie Lee Curtis did play in some rather less serious stuff, so who knows, maybe they are just huge fans of the franchise or are paid enough not to care.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostAleks, on 22 February 2024 - 05:13 AM, said:

I dunno, the trailer looks like any other action blockbuster movie. It's a game where the main premises are fancy loot/reward system and strong visual style, the 2nd seems to be captured quite well in the trailer. I don't think anyone's expecting there to be any deeper plot or story considering the one in the game itself is practically non-existent, besides the world building through random side-quests.

And both Cate Blanchett and Jamie Lee Curtis did play in some rather less serious stuff, so who knows, maybe they are just huge fans of the franchise or are paid enough not to care.

What I hear you saying is "I'm not the target audience and I don't care about this crappy franchise but honestly it looks pretty much like it's supposed to and there was no plot anyway so I don't see what you are complaining about."

So I will explain. Lilith and Tanis in the games are young(ish). In the film they are old. That is bad and it will make the flm bomb harder. Also, there is one vital element to Borderlands that permeates the *good* games in the francchise (and there are a few) which is completely missing from the film: Handsome Jack. He's the charismatic villain who holds it all together and makes you care about what's going on. To the extent that there is an over-arching plot that has any impact whatsoever, he is at the center of it. They pretty much doomed this film by excluding him. Now I'm not saying that it would have been easy to make a good Borderlands film even with Handsome Jack in it. There's a ton of ways they could have, and probably would have, screwed that up too.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

I don't know, "story suffers because it's all style" perfectly describes the first Borderlands, which I think is more what they are adapting here. The real problem with the movie is not that it will be bad. The problem is that it will not be bad enough. This looks generic hollywood Avi Arad bad, "so bad it's boring" bad. It needs to be over the top bad, early Troma bad. It was never going to be "good", Borderlands just could not and would never translate to a "good movie". But it could have been entertaining. Sadly this just seems like a miss on all fronts.

• Duke Plus Developer

But they shouldn't have chosen to adapt Borderlands 1, that was a mistake. Borderlands 1 was overall a fairly boring monotonous game which felt clunky to play. It had 2 noteworthy things about it: the visual style, and the loot/leveling system which at that time was relatively novel for a 1st person shooter. They should have gone straight to Borderlands 2. Either way it doesn't excuse their casting choices.

I have played 400 hours at Borderlands 1 and never understood what "Piss-wash gully" was named after...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 23 February 2024 - 03:45 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

GTA 4 reference, perhaps.

Posted Image

in this trailer it seems to be related to the piss spitting monsters in the gully...

I have a hunch...

is the rocket launcher Tiny Tina is holding in the trailer is a TORGUE rocket launcher with the nickname "Duke Nukem" ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 27 February 2024 - 03:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options