• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood: Fresh Supply

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

And BloodEX had shitton of annoying bugs which even includes render related, so there are and maybe still are people who have issues with playing the game. The most annoying one was related to the music which stops playing when you start a new game or load any save. Not sure if they fixed it yet, but hopefully they did. What really disappointed me though is that this is not Kaiser's first project.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 May 2019 - 04:35 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, the music bug was fixed already and really when it comes to the other issues there is one thing to keep in mind: stuff will be fixed up and it will be fixed up soon. Megaton and Redux nevet got fixed, they got released as shit and they stayed that way while the devs kept coming up with various excuses considering their cheaply made garbage. Yep, it sucks that the players have to test this shit but at least it's actually worth it because if you post a bug it gets fixed instead of some random dude saying "well fuck knows why that bug is happening, we can't fix it lol". And yeah, Megaton and Redux had some nice menus but apart from the artist who made that stuff I have zero respect for the people who were involved in developing those ports.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

I wouldn't say that Megaton is shit, but Redux is seriously fucked up which is a shame because unlike Duke it doesn't have great source port yet.

User is offline   VGA 

View PostVGA, on 14 May 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

Holy crap, they fixed so many of the annoyances and serious bugs. And so fast!

They fixed the tesla and the spray can, too, apparently. The voxels, too. I will start a playthrough of E1 on this version and I will disable the game's Steam auto update until I finish it lol <_< Don't want any incompatible saves tyvm.

Well, I started a playthrough but it only took a minute for me to realise I couldn't break the glass and jump in while standing on the chainfence where you get the flare gun. Also, why is the character wobbly when standing on the fence? And a ton of blood flats/splats were floating after I blew up the zombies in that courtyard. It's goddamn flat ground!

LOL

Waiting for another patch now.

This post has been edited by VGA: 15 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Anyone who defends this port just because they paid money for it is committing the sunk cost fallacy.

User is offline   Manhs 

View Postthricecursed, on 15 May 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

Anyone who defends this port just because they paid money for it is committing the sunk cost fallacy.

True.
It's cool because there is a lot of new players but a lot of them doesnt care about the game design of BLOOD (reason why the jump was less high, jump boot too, damage stuff and all) and bash the fans who are too much "purist" for them.
I was all ok for BloodGDX because i supposed it could be our only port for BLOOD and it was the first one so i was pretty much indulgent with it :)
But seeing a 3th port being the official and so much bugged with modified physic "for the fun to change stuff" disappointed me a lot....

They can fix stuff but not sure if i will have the same feeling as NBlood who is like 99% of the original game (not sure what are the last bugs and problems) and still like hd with options and good stuff.
I didnt really care about NBlood, with Blood remastered, i supposed it could be too many ports but now, NBlood is my fav as a ""purist"" of single player Blood :P

Blood EX can fix thing but i don't care so much about the multiplayer, servers system is cool but i want keep a part of the feeling from the DOS build version <_< (which i hope this one will be still updated again a little...)

I buy Blood EX on gog and steam to support it (most of the reason why i bought it) , i hope more stuff can happen but when i see "steamspy" (yeah not accurate but not so bad for it i guess), i don't feel like much more can happen "officialy"....i expected more views and sales after 1 week.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Eh, honestly FS is so cheap that I don't think they are defending it because of the money they spent on it. If the game is giving you no graphical glitches and no performance bugs it's running smooth AF and if you're a new player you won't notice the stuff that's off compared to the original.

If anything this should be exactly opposite.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

My playthrough of Redux was the first time I ever completed SW. Part of me is glad I don't know these games that well so that I'm not upset about inconsistencies in-game.

This post has been edited by Radar: 16 May 2019 - 04:14 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 16 May 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

If anything this should be exactly opposite.

Yeah, if people were rational it would.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Did they just patch it again? Asking since breaking windows is now working again.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTekedon, on 16 May 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Did they just patch it again? Asking since breaking windows is now working again.

I think not every instance of breaking glass is broken. I haven't heard anything about the new patc, I think even the beta is not updated yet.

User is offline   razgriz 

Is the new patch available for the GOG version too?

User is offline   VGA 

View PostTekedon, on 16 May 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Yes, they hot fixed the window breaking bug.

I played a couple of maps, it's good to reliably hit enemies and have a smooth framerate. With a few updates this will be the definitive Blood version moving forwards <_<

User is offline   axl 

View PostVGA, on 16 May 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

With a few updates this will be the definitive Blood version moving forwards <_<

I don't know. In my opinion, FS will never be the definitive version of Blood... just because it's not running on the Build engine. Call me crazy of a purist, but I want my Build engine games running on the Build engine.

FS probably would have been the definitive version if it were released 2 years ago before BloodGDX and NBlood. However, at the moment, I don't see any reason to prefer this over the existing fan ports (well maybe except for the multiplayer).

It's great to have some new attention towards Blood, but my money is on NBlood. Especially since I heard it will get regulary updates alongside EDuke32.

User is offline   supergoofy 

...plus both BloodGDX (BuildGDX) and NBlood are open source ports. You can take the source and compile it, modify it etc. etc.

User is offline   Avoozl 

I am finding it hard to even want to make the jump from BloodGDX to NBlood or Fresh Supply, GDX pretty much made me re-enjoy Blood after previously playing it via DosBox and it did everything I expected and wanted from a port.

User is offline   VGA 

BloodGDX has some frame pacing issues that are not being fixed. And Vsync issues if you enable that lll

NBlood is a faithful port but I tried it for half an hour and encountered problems hitting enemies with flares through RoR borders/barriers. Standard Build engine fuckery. On the first map I couldn't hit the cultists below in the last area, in the second map I couldn't hit the enemies below while standing on the wagon. I've seen these same problems in BloodGDX, in which I finished all 4 episodes and most of Cryptic Passage. Oh, and BloodGDX has RoR gfx glitches that I don't think have been fixed. And I can't count the times I couldn't set a barrel on fire even though it was hit by a flare. Shenanigans related to stacked sectors again, or however it's called.

So let's give some time to Blood FS and see what its "final form" will be, then we can compare.

This post has been edited by VGA: 17 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostVGA, on 17 May 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

NBlood is a faithful port but I tried it for half an hour and encountered problems hitting enemies with flares through RoR borders/barriers. Standard Build engine fuckery.

Yes, that original Build engine stuff is why I'm sorta-kinda happy that there is a project going on that aims to recreate Blood under a different engine. It's risky business and I'm sure it's gonna take some time until we can say that FS is an updated version of Blood instead of just being different but man it was so good to test out all ROR and height difference stuff and see that shit that never worked in the original game now just works. <_< And the thing is that Blood is hard enough that these small things can matter in some situations, sometimes that dynamite that didn't hit because of Build's shortcomings is important.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 17 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

User is offline   VGA 

And fighting around water is so screwed up in Build ports. Floating on the surface and firing your Tommy gun on cultists on land ... and bullet decals are created on an invisible barrier between the two sectors... This happened on BloodGDX and I went to the Dosbox to check, something similar happened there, too! Yay, it's a bug, not a feature!

User is offline   Avoozl 

View PostVGA, on 17 May 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

BloodGDX has some frame pacing issues that are not being fixed. And Vsync issues if you enable that lll
I haven't encountered any such issues with the version I have.

User is offline   Manhs 

I will stay with NBlood i think, the feeling is so neat in this port.
Blood Fresh Supply has still yet a lot of problems now :/
Personaly i don't care a lot about multiplayer, i prefer if the sp is like the original for the most <_<

If they want remaster it, like removing killing door, exploit of crouching and stone gargoyle ect.. they should make it possible with an option, i think

This post has been edited by Manhs: 17 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   RoyBatty 

I only care about single player myself, so I will stick with NBlood even though I bought FS. I want the game to play right more than anything, I can do without extra bling other than wsad+mouse and playing at a native resolution.

That said FS will be interesting when it's more polished, but it will never replace something on the real engine. The KEX engine is far too floaty and weird with movement.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostPhredreeke, on 18 May 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

How does this fare in NBlood or BloodGDX?

User is offline   VGA 

This is a custom map he created? Couldn't he find a map that exhibits this problem?

You could create a bazillion situations in your own custom map where there is a discrepancy between DOS version and Blood FS.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostAvoozl, on 17 May 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

I am finding it hard to even want to make the jump from BloodGDX to NBlood or Fresh Supply, GDX pretty much made me re-enjoy Blood after previously playing it via DosBox and it did everything I expected and wanted from a port.

It sounds like you're sticking with it simply because it came first, which isn't the best argument to have.

A lot of people would prefer NBlood simply because it's an executable file that you can download and run out of the box. Zero dependencies.

User is offline   Avoozl 

View PostMicky C, on 18 May 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

It sounds like you're sticking with it simply because it came first, which isn't the best argument to have.
Well I can assure you that's not the case at all, I found it does everything I need and I played through and enjoyed the whole game with it.I don't feel the need to change ports at the current time.

This post has been edited by Avoozl: 18 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

User is offline   VGA 

And didn't you notice the RoR errors?

User is offline   axl 

There is a new beta available available on Steam (1.9.0).

According to discord, here's a list of changes:

* Cultists now play gib SEQ based on type
* Cultists and Earth/Axe Zombies now ignores damaged based sectors (fixes AI issue in DWE1M1)
* Proximity range for prox mines is now correct
* Fix issue with gib objects and other types from spawning two of the same item
* Fixed a typo with Exp_Dynamite_Wall, resulting in no SEQ from playing when invoked
* Minor bug fix with the CanSee function. Fixes an issue in DWE3M2
* Art tile animation is now randomized for oscil. Type anims
* Fix mouse not working on main menu after loading lower saves
* Audio velocity option is now saved to config
* Player no longer falls while dead in water
* Can no longer toggle chasecam while in menu
* Map markers now show with an exclusive cheat (new cheat code: OAKISLAND)
* Can now switch weapons during any point of the gun's state that isn't lowering or holstering
* Fixed a bug where explosion objects would persist due to bad underflow of xSprite's data1 and data4 members
* Fix hitscan wall detection and wall UV mapping

This post has been edited by axl: 18 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options