Duke4.net Forums: Blood: Fresh Supply - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood: Fresh Supply

User is online   Phredreeke 

The goal should be for *insert port here* to run existing maps, not to require them to be modified to run in it.

User is offline   Caleb 

Which FS is actively working on right now. Bloatiod is just giving more insight as to why certain things don't behave the way they should in FS and ND is fixing those issues on their end.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Posted Image
lol who even are you?

Huh, that is unfortunate. I was not planning on buying this, but I am quite the fan of Kaiser's work and I am saddened to hear he kind of dropped the ball here.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 14 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks like he took it back. But he still loves it, apparently.

Posted Image

User is offline   VGA 

I remember in the video he asked himself if there were any negatives and he answered (to himself) NO. He couldn't find any problems or cons with it!

It is literally impossible for a semi-experienced Blood player to play the initial release of Blood FS and not find any technical problems or gameplay/sound inconsistencies. And be under the impression that it's the original code ported to modern systems.

The fuck?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe so many games are just cramming together and he's just starting to phone it in a little bit and not do his full due diligence. Probably not even intentional. I don't know. Just a guess.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Now this is a patch:
https://steamcommuni...645290559247391
It really is a significant improvement but there is still shit to take care of.

User is offline   VGA 

Holy crap, they fixed so many of the annoyances and serious bugs. And so fast!

They fixed the tesla and the spray can, too, apparently. The voxels, too. I will start a playthrough of E1 on this version and I will disable the game's Steam auto update until I finish it lol <_< Don't want any incompatible saves tyvm.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

They added private servers which is greatly appreciated.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

People are saying you can't beat E5M5 without noclipping. Also still seems to be broken for a bunch of people with Intel graphics cards.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 15 May 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

People are saying you can't beat E5M5 without noclipping.

Yeah, that's a new bug they introduced with the latest patch. Two steps forward, one step back, that's how patching goes usually sadly.

User is offline   axl 

View PostZaxx, on 15 May 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

Yeah, that's a new bug they introduced with the latest patch. Two steps forward, one step back, that's how patching goes usually sadly.

Indeed. The latest patch introduces a whole lot of new problems: windows can no longer be shot (for example E1M3), ... What is even worse is that the game ran very smoothly at release but with the patch, I get severe framerate drops... I can't believe NDS dropped the ball with this release...

View PostSanek, on 12 May 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Has anybody tried multiplayer? If i'm ever going to buy this thing, it'll be the main reason.

Update: The server browser now displays some of the essential info (coop/bloodbath/team + level). Since the playerbase will probably shrink as time progresses, if you want to get the most out of the multiplayer, now's the time.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postaxl, on 15 May 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Indeed. The latest patch introduces a whole lot of new problems: windows can no longer be shot (for example E1M3), ... What is even worse is that the game ran very smoothly at release but with the patch, I get severe framerate drops... I can't believe NDS dropped the ball with this release...

That's weird, on the performance side the only thing I've noticed so far is that their OpenGL renderer seems pretty bad (and I'm on Nvidia so shitty AMD drivers have nothing to do with this): performance is 60-70% lower than DX11 or Vulkan on my machine. So avoid that at all cost I say, other than that it's stable as fuck, performance is even a bit more consistent than BloodGDX or NBlood (those can sometimes stutter a bit for me).

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

User is offline   axl 

Found some other bugs:

- Shotgun recoil is still way too heavy;
- Gasoline alt-fire can blow up cracked walls instantly.

It makes me wonder how accurate the Turok remasters by NDS were. I played them when I was a kid on the N64 and the PC remasters looked failry accurate. But then again, I'm no expert on Turok 1 and 2 whatsoever so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

On the other hand, I know Blood, Duke and Doom for example like the back of my hand and can spot differences immediately. I don't want to be too harsh, but I was under the impression Kaiser worked on BloodEX for years now and it's still fiddled with bugs. It makes me appreciate the efforts made by M210 for BloodGDX and Nuke.YKT for NBlood even more !

User is online   Tekedon 

View Postaxl, on 15 May 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Found some other bugs:

- Shotgun recoil is still way too heavy;
- Gasoline alt-fire can blow up cracked walls instantly.

It makes me wonder how accurate the Turok remasters by NDS were. I played them when I was a kid on the N64 and the PC remasters looked failry accurate. But then again, I'm no expert on Turok 1 and 2 whatsoever so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

On the other hand, I know Blood, Duke and Doom for example like the back of my hand and can spot differences immediately. I don't want to be too harsh, but I was under the impression Kaiser worked on BloodEX for years now and it's still fiddled with bugs. It makes me appreciate the efforts made by M210 for BloodGDX and Nuke.YKT for NBlood even more !

They've both really sold their soul to accuracy. Work appreciated no doubt.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

When you get a patch like this so soon after release with a massive list of fixed severe issues, it clearly indicates a prematurely published product. Also shows devs care, though.

Still can't help thinking Nightdive bit off a little more than they could chew with this one.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 May 2019 - 12:54 PM

User is offline   Skumball 

Windows/glass breaking is not working properly in the latest update, mainly with the Pitchfork but has been noticed with projectile weapons in some cases. Also I want to see the Delete key fully unbind an input and a 'Brief' setting for the HUD Style which removes the background graphic and just shows floating numbers for the health, ammo, armour and keys on the outer extremities of the screen.

This post has been edited by Skumball: 15 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

• banned!

View PostNightFright, on 15 May 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

When you get a patch like this so soon after release with a massive list of fixed severe issues, it clearly indicates a prematurely published product. Also shows devs care, though.

Still can't help thinking Nightdive bit off a little more than they could chew with this one.

I'll never play this. I'm not going to reward the devs for forcing the people that paid for their unfinished product to be their guinea pigs. OK, a few weeks from now we'll probably get a decent port - so what? NBlood already exists. There's no point in buying this...

User is online   Phredreeke 

I can think of one reason - to increase the chance of ND getting to remaster Blood 2

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View Postthricecursed, on 15 May 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

There's no point in buying this...

Sure there is. I really like the new voxels. And even if FS isn't as good as it could/should be, there's still a chance that I could use the voxels when playing via NBlood.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

If ND remasters Blood 2 I'll fucking refund Fresh Supply. <_<

But yeah, it's an official way to support Blood and I like being a Blood donor so why not?

• banned!

View PostK1n9_Duk3, on 15 May 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Sure there is. I really like the new voxels. And even if FS isn't as good as it could/should be, there's still a chance that I could use the voxels when playing via NBlood.

Lol, where do you think the voxels came from? Search the forum. They've been available for a while.

• banned!

View PostZaxx, on 15 May 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

If ND remasters Blood 2 I'll fucking refund Fresh Supply. <_<

I wish they just remade it using all the art assets because I actually love the look of Blood 2, but it's got so many issues that it would need a lot of work done, and I'm not sure the demand is there even from fans of the original. Not enough to make it worthwhile for NDS financially.

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postthricecursed, on 15 May 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Lol, where do you think the voxels came from? Search the forum. They've been available for a while.

I'm pretty sure some of the voxels haven't actually been released outside of Fresh Supply yet

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

The only problem I have with supporting this version is that the fucks who call themselves "Atari" (although they have zero to do even with original Atari, let alone Blood) are likely getting the money from it too, something they do not deserve (all they had to do is to allow source code to be released or used for paid version). However, I probably still would buy it for a half price (as I planned to until the game was gifted to me), at least for the sake of curiosity and more stable multiplayer I guess. One thing I definitely can say is that I had much better time with Duke 3D Megaton and SW Redux compared to BloodEX (expansions I have never played were the major factor of course), Duke with SW even have new artworks for stuff like trading cards and pretty neat achievements pics. This is quite pointless shit which has nothing to do with games themselves, but is still a nice thing to have. Blood has pretty good potential when it comes to art.

Anyway, will see how much it will change (preferably in a good way), but I'm pretty skeptical and have more faith in NBlood which I hope will be supported for a long time (and get all EDuke32 features like in Duke 3D).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

• banned!

View PostLunick, on 15 May 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure some of the voxels haven't actually been released outside of Fresh Supply yet

But they will be according to the author, so there is still no point in buying FS if you want the voxels.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 May 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

One thing I definitely can say is that I had much better time with Duke 3D Megaton and SW Redux compared to BloodEX

Pfff, I can't disagree enough, those ports were pretty fucking bad, FS is significantly better than Megaton and Redux combined. Megaton didn't even had proper widescreen fov (that actually made it unplayable for me in 16:9, it was motion sickness galore) and Redux had invisible mines.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options