• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood: Fresh Supply

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostIshmaeel, on 11 May 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Also, I just tested it, and the dynamite did blow up in my hands. I wasn't able to trigger that bug. FWIW.

Try on that specific level. Seems when you only have one left, it happens. Blood is my favorite game ever, it sucks that this didn't see enough playtesting apparently.

User is offline   Ishmaeel 

View Postthricecursed, on 11 May 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

...Seems when you only have one left, it happens.

Yep, that's right. Missed that.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Does this release run any of the original custom content?

User is online   Tekedon 

View Postoasiz, on 11 May 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Does this release run any of the original custom content?

Yes but not that well..

User is offline   VGA 

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 May 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

Did gmanlives just review ... Blood for 90% of the video or what?! What about the actual remaster? What about comparing it to BloodGDX and NBlood, ports that owners of Blood can already use freely? Is it worth buying Blood again to get access to this port? This is the question he should be answering.

The whole video can be summed up as: "Blood was in licensing limbo, now a remastered version is out and has no problems or drawbacks. The game itself is awesome, so buy it."

Some objectivity and honesty wouldn't hurt. There is no way he didn't encounter any glitches or inaccuracies, so he is disingenuous. And he didn't mention custom content, conveniently! And he said the port is based on the source code, which is factually wrong.

This post has been edited by VGA: 11 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

When the trailer for the engine is more badass than the one for the game:

User is offline   such 

View PostAvoozl, on 11 May 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Daggerfall currently has a Unity remake simply named Daggerfall Unity, it's still being worked on but it has achieved so much so far.

It's almost complete, actually. At first it looked like a joke (let's port Daggerfall to Unity), but solid planning, open source and proper groundwork led us to a nearly feature complete project that has already enjoyed an active modding scene for years.

View PostVGA, on 11 May 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Did gmanlives just review ... Blood for 90% of the video or what?! What about the actual remaster? What about comparing it to BloodGDX and NBlood, ports that owners of Blood can already use freely? Is it worth buying Blood again to get access to this port? This is the question he should be answering.

The whole video can be summed up as: "Blood was in licensing limbo, now a remastered version is out and has no problems or drawbacks. The game itself is awesome, so buy it."

Some objectivity and honesty wouldn't hurt. There is no way he didn't encounter any glitches or inaccuracies, so he is disingenuous. And he didn't mention custom content, conveniently! And he said the port is based on the source code, which is factually wrong.

I went back to his Blood reviews and did indeed find a source port overview in which he proclaims that he knows Blood 'like the back of [his] ass'.

So he knows Blood, knows the source code situation (somewhat), is aware of all the source ports, 'reviewed' them, and the above is the best he can do. (his does come across as having no understanding as to the nature of the development behind these ports, though, and, consequently, no appreciation or respect).

I want to say he rushed the video to get it out as close to release as possible, but I'm not sure he would've done a better job had he taken the time. Maybe stick to Call of Duty, man.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Finally somebody painted a realistic picture of FS in a review, it's unbelievable. <_<

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

He even called out GGGManLives lol.

• banned!

I wanted to say something like "at least Civvie won't let us down", but I wasn't sure what he'd say. What a beautiful man.

User is offline   such 

Yup, that's the way to do it.

Thanks, Civvie.

User is offline   funduke 

Is there a list with the console commands for the KEX Engine?
I found "god" for god mode and "noclip" for walking through walls.
I would like to know the equivalent to the "give all" -command in eduke32.

I bought both, the GOG and the Steam -version.
Steam has, because of it's Proton component, the benefit, that i can play the KEX Engine version of Blood on Linux (Ubuntu).
The GOG -version brings the original DOS version of "One Unit whole Blood" as a Bonus, made playable with Linux with Dosbox, like it was originally sold on GOG.
Does anybody know, how to make the GOG KEX version of Blood playable on Ubuntu-Linux? Wine seems not to do the job.

Greetings
Funduke

User is offline   Sanek 

Has anybody tried multiplayer? If i'm ever going to buy this thing, it'll be the main reason.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostSanek, on 12 May 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Has anybody tried multiplayer? If i'm ever going to buy this thing, it'll be the main reason.

I only played a couple coop levels but it felt fine.
The issues I have with it is you can't set a player limit, make a private server, or set a password.
I was trying to play this with a friend who has never played it before and randoms kept joining and rushing ahead or ruining secrets :/

User is offline   VGA 

Beta patch

https://steamcommuni...18058737843575/

Some good fixes although I didn't see anything about fanatics trying to throw TNT <_<
Wait, maybe it was connected to that run glitch option that they removed. So maybe it is fixed now...

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I don't know for fure if the fanatic's "ghost dynamites" are fixed now but it didn't happen in the 20 or so minutes I've played the beta. They fixed a lot of stuff so we're getting there and when it comes to the things that are there because of trivial reasons (for example jumping out of water breaks stuff because Kaiser deliberately changed that behavior, guess he thought jumping out of the water was shit so he made it easier) those will be ironed out quickly too.

The good thing is that they are really working around the clock to fix all this shit (there was no "sorry guys, it's weekend now") so if they keep this up then it won't be long before the game gets into shape.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 12 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

• banned!

Isn't the jumping out of water thing because in Build, you're basically teleporting into another area of the level? There are probably a lot of small things tied to the fact that Kex is a true 3D engine.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 13 May 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Isn't the jumping out of water thing because in Build, you're basically teleporting into another area of the level? There are probably a lot of small things tied to the fact that Kex is a true 3D engine.

They managed to reproduce the engine behavior, it's just that they changed a few values without thinking it through so now they are reverting that stuff to their original values. I'd imagine the QA was quite shit before release.

Honestly I don't think Kaiser's decision to make you jump higher out of water was inherently bad because coming out of water works in a very shitty way in Blood, it's just that it fucks with some of the level progression.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 13 May 2019 - 01:02 AM

User is offline   mwnn 

View Postfunduke, on 12 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Does anybody know, how to make the GOG KEX version of Blood playable on Ubuntu-Linux? Wine seems not to do the job.
Wine 4.x does work for me at least on Debian Testing. I've got an old Phenom II 955 + AMD R9 285 (Mesa 19.1.0-devel)
https://imgur.com/a/h8cy1ns

I use the following command to install the game in it's own prefix. Wine creates a desktop shortcut automatically:

WINEPREFIX=~/.wineprefix-blood wine setup_blood_fresh_supply_1.8.4-final_(64bit)_(29375).exe

The game only seems to work in DirectX11 mode. The Vulkan and openGL option crash the game.

The Wine packages provided by Ubuntu are well out-of-date:
https://packages.ubu...&searchon=names
The 18.04 LTS release has Wine 3.6 although 19.04 does have 4.2.
While the latest is 4.8.

Either update Ubuntu (to get newer wine packages)
OR
Purge the Ubuntu Wine packages from your system and install the repo + packages provided by Wine:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Personally I'd rather just play NBlood.

This post has been edited by mwnn: 13 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 May 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

He even called out GGGManLives lol.

Everyone did at this point.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I see Fresh Supply is currently 50% off at GOG.com (for just about 4 EUR), but after watching the Civvie video I believe even that is too much for this mess of a port that makes the original DOS version look like a shiny piece of software. Thank you, but I'll stick to BloodGDX. As I would have done one way or the other. M210 for president, ladies and gentlemen!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 May 2019 - 03:57 AM

View Postfunduke, on 12 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Is there a list with the console commands for the KEX Engine?
I found "god" for god mode and "noclip" for walking through walls.
I would like to know the equivalent to the "give all" -command in eduke32.

"listcmds" in console.
You can also type a letter and press tab to show a list of possible completions, as you would in a Linux shell. (this also displays cvars)

View PostSanek, on 12 May 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Wait until it gets a proper server browser. At the moment getting the map or gamemode with the latency you want is just trial and error, as none of this is displayed.
If you have high latency the multiplayer also starts getting unstable. (sounds/music don't play, crashes)

View PostVGA, on 12 May 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

Some good fixes although I didn't see anything about fanatics trying to throw TNT <_<
Wait, maybe it was connected to that run glitch option that they removed. So maybe it is fixed now...

It was. The full story on that issue is that the option was intended to have the cultists behave as follows:
  • Shotgun Cultists throw TNT if autorun is off.
  • Tommygun and Tesla Cultists throw TNT if autorun is on.

These were NOT Nightdive's design choices, but rather an attempt to restore what appears to have been the original intended design. The behavior you see in Blood 1.21 is the result of the code not working right, preventing Tommygun and Tesla cultists from throwing TNT.
The "fake" throwing occurs because a callback was missing from the state file of the gray cultist. Maybe someone went in there and removed it after people pointed out that grey cultists don't throw dynamite, who knows.

Since Monolith's original design was pretty stupid (who ever turns autorun off?), they decided to scrap the option entirely in the patch, thus keeping 1.21 behavior as the only option.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 13 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

User is offline   VGA 

View PostNightFright, on 13 May 2019 - 03:56 AM, said:

I see Fresh Supply is currently 50% off at GOG.com (for just about 4 EUR), but after watching the Civvie video I believe even that is too much for this mess of a port that makes the original DOS version look like a shiny piece of software. Thank you, but I'll stick to BloodGDX. As I would have done one way or the other. M210 for president, ladies and gentlemen!

That would be a mistake. Half the issues in Civvie's video are already fixed and more will be fixed. Why do you want to play ports where you cannot hit enemies and barrels with the flare gun through a RoR barrier? It is no annoying. Or swimming, shooting enemies on the ground above with the Tommy and having the bullets hit an invisible barrier. Also, were the RoR graphics glitches fixed in BloodGDX? For example when swimming in that famous lake and looking down to an opening at the bottom, it is glitched.

Got it on discount just for completionist sake of all Blood games on single platform, but until proper post-release I'll stick with NBlood for now. As I see it not every mechanics changed like purist people throwing shite at this, there are just bugs and inconsistences to fix. Apparently it works this way: https://www.doomworl...um/post/1987113

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 13 May 2019 - 05:45 AM

User is offline   funduke 

@mwnn:
Many thanks for your very helpful and userfriendly answer. I was now able to install the GOG KEX version and learned next to that some useful stuff that will be helpful in future similar cases.

@Doom64hunter:
Many thanks for the KEX command hints!
It's hard to believe, that such an information is so hard to find. Google didn't do it!

Greetings
Funduke

This post has been edited by funduke: 13 May 2019 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   razgriz 

Got it for half on GOG and no regrets yet only because I haven't played Blood in awhile.

Any tips on what mods to download? I'm using Direct X 11.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Death Wish.

https://www.moddb.co...-wish-for-blood

User is offline   VGA 

Death Wish is unplayable on Blood FS for now, though.

I wonder if the mod author will do a specific version of the mod. He knows about the problem. I think most custom maps that use advanced features may have bugs.

User is offline   Caleb 

The author of DW is active on the ND discord and has consulted Kaiser in fixing isues present in FS preventing DW to work correctly. Can't think of an instance in which something wasn't fixable so far from ND's side except for cutscenes, which Bloatiod apparently already got working on his side. So I'm confident that the upcoming patches will remedy a lot of issues with that.

Edit: And not only those of course. Things like Jump Boots negating fall damage or the dynamite on death thing have been fixed already, many of which are already part of the new beta or will be part of the next.

This post has been edited by Caleb: 14 May 2019 - 01:29 AM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options