Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode Three released - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

User is online   Jblade 

Polymost is broken and later levels will be broken and unplayable, and Polymer is super broken - if your computer can't run it only thing I can recommend is lowering your resolution.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostSangman, on 21 March 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

I wish I could say I'm surprised that the mod stops functioning properly when you decide to remove code :lol:

What are your system specs though?

Windows 7 x64
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
AMD Athlon II X4 640 3 Ghz
8GB RAM

User is online   Jblade 

A lot of the other people reporting performance problems have AMDs,I'm not sure what's causing the issue with AMC.

User is offline   John Brown 

All right, I have finally finished Episode 3. I played on normal, and I fully intend to beat it later on expert and professional to get the extra ending (assuming there is one like Eps 1 and 2). I need a long break before then.

Overall I thought it was great stuff, definitely worth the wait. The only serious issues I have are the framerate (and I can deal with that, just like I've been dealing with it since 2016), the statistics/achievements screen not working (I can live without those, too), and all these other bugs that have already been reported and fixed so they are not an issue anymore. I did feel like some levels dragged on way too long (Adelaide in particular, but I also felt that way during the last level and a bit during the main Egypt quest and the Jungle Pyramid), but too much of a good thing is only a bad thing if I can't save, quit, and come back to it later, which I could and did.

I'll put more specific stuff behind spoiler tags to avoid super-long cluttery posts and inadvertent spoilers.

Spoiler

Also, for those who care, my "report card" for secrets:

Spoiler

And after I beat it, I finally realized that Garmid on the mission select was its own separate hub world now, not just the AMC base, so I walked around there a bit, taking in the sights. For the new weapons, I'm assuming I need every bottlecap before the discount applies, even if I just want one weapon, so I'll be sure to look for the rest on a replay.
Spoiler
I also have a bunch of new research, but not all of it, but I'll be happy to hunt those down on my own as well.

Again, awesome mod, I am glad I played this, and huge thanks to the team for making it.

User is online   Jblade 

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! We are working on trying to get the mod working with the latest Eduke snapshots since they offer increased performance.

About the alarm system; it's based on 'volume' of your gun fired, so with that suppressed weapon you wouldn't set it off. If you DO set it off, more enemies will trigger and you'll have to fight security robots as well (but there is extra ammo to compensate) Think of the boss as a soft-timed fight; you just got to kill him as fast as possible before he destroys all cover and whittles down your health. His coat counts as body armour but once he chucks it away he can be damaged normally by all weapons.

The bottle caps can be turned in individually or together IIRC (though you have to agree to take the weapons first before you can turn them in - no money is deducted at that point)

User is online   Jblade 

https://www.moddb.co...mc-tc-v31-patch

It hasn't been stress tested but I'm just one man

Firstly, I could get the new weapons thanks to the patch, thanks ! Though I'm guessing Micky's new guns still aren't implemented yet ?
And stuff to report with the patch already ^^
1_ The fix needs a fix >> Attached Image: duke0003.png
2_ (was already there without the patch) >> Attached Image: duke0001.png
3_ For some reason, I played the Xuglop mission before playing Micky Begins and so in James's portion I kept all my weapons (even temporary) >> Attached Image: duke0004.png This happens if you start the mission directly after Xuglop without changing character in the mean time.

Also I see that the Pitfiends on Xuglop have been fixed, make the place A LOT easier, thanks again ! And the new EDuke32 seems to run a bit better than the one you had provided. At least, Xuglop ran a bit more smoothly than usual, and I no longer have semi-constant flickering during cinematics with the flash effect.

User is online   Jblade 

it's not a new Eduke, just the 32bit exe - the 64bit should offer improved performance but maybe it has issues on certain systems, I can't really venture a guess.

Just for quick feedback, I went ahead and started Ep 3 over on Expert difficulty, with the patch. I also set the resolution down to 1280x720, it doesn't look too bad and it marginally improved the frame rate in some areas, but there are still chuggy areas too (AMC base and the Chrysalid chamber at the end of X64-2). However, it was playable before at 1920x1080 for me, and it's still playable now. In fact I may keep it at 720p, it doesn't look that much worse and some areas do feel smoother.

I was able to use scoped weapons with no divide by zero error yet, (Snowfall's lightning gun in this case), and I'll see how the rest of the episode goes. One error I'm still having (though I'm guessing it's not a priority) is the broken statistics screen on James' office computer.

One random thing, I will miss that one music track that used to play in the AMC base (The Dark Side by Chill Carrier).

User is offline   dd209 

Can anyone explain what I'm supposed to do in the Egypt hub where you go underwater and pop up in a large town area? There's a sort of altar/temple with a scarab key, which I grabbed, an indoor area with some scientists on the upper floor you can reach by jumping to them with the magic boots, and that seems to be it. I can't get back because the underwater area is too far below the platform, the other passage in the underwater area is blocked off (it's just a tiny hole which you can't swim through), and the only other route is across a giant room with platforms that are too far apart to jump to (even with the magic boots) and scarabs that kill anything that touches the floor.

Really getting on my nerves now :lol:

User is online   Jblade 

The tiny gap is a bug that's been fixed in the latest patch - type 'noclip' into the console to move through it since it was not intended to be blocked off.

User is offline   dd209 

I would upvote you but my quota is used up, apparently. :lol: Thanks.

View Postdd209, on 23 March 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

I would upvote you but my quota is used up, apparently. :lol: Thanks.

Did it for you ^_-

Some things to say and ask.

1_ I have finished Ep3 on Armagedon but I didn't get the extended ending. Is it implemented ? Must have been because I relaunched the AMC Bace through the Usermap menu in order to benefit from the patch without restarting everything >_>
2_ Can I have a clue on how to unlock the Cryo Slugs ? I think I hit everybody with MIA Gun and don't see how I could get it ...
3_ Jurassic Park's medal problem has been fixed, didn't have to replay too. However Dark Gate is still glitched, not showing up completed.
4_ Is the research project Personel 23 implemented ? Could spare me senseless quest like for the new guns ...
5_ Can I have a clue for that Side-Quest on the Garmid Hub ? I absolutely saw nothing out of the ordinary O_o
Lastly, now that I've got a fair bit of experience, I'm REALLY going to start writing feedback for Ep3 on my next playthrough. I have already written A LOT about Ep1 and 2 and other stuff. It will just forever lack the 3 guns for Geoffrey and Micky that's all ....

User is online   Jblade 

check your eduke32.cfg - is there a line EP3_GOT_PLATINUM in there? Check if that says 0 or 1 - set it to 1 if it's still zero. I'll have to do some testing to see what the problem is.

EDIT: solved it, my bad - didn't take out some checks for cut levels.

You'll need to replay Dark Gate, it's not glitched.

There's no Cryo-slugs, if you mean the caseless grenades they're dotted around Egypt.

Project 23 is gained from the Gorilla base at the end of Rainforest, hit him with the MIA gun.

The side quest, you find the caps in the following maps - Neutrino, Eviction Notice, Forgotten Tomb.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 23 March 2019 - 04:34 AM

View PostJblade, on 23 March 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

check your eduke32.cfg - is there a line EP3_GOT_PLATINUM in there? Check if that says 0 or 1 - set it to 1 if it's still zero. I'll have to do some testing to see what the problem is.

EDIT: solved it, my bad - didn't take out some checks for cut levels.

You'll need to replay Dark Gate, it's not glitched.

There's no Cryo-slugs, if you mean the caseless grenades they're dotted around Egypt.

Project 23 is gained from the Gorilla base at the end of Rainforest, hit him with the MIA gun.

The side quest, you find the caps in the following maps - Neutrino, Eviction Notice, Forgotten Tomb.

1_ Okay I'll do that, and glad to see it helped on your end ^^
2_ Well I did replay it and nothing changed, it still sends me to Daikrarin and it's not displayed completed O_o I'll try carrying on from Daikarin to see if it helps. (if you don't hear from me about it then it's all good)

3_ Well yeah I mean the ones in Egypt but the reason why I ask is that I have a slot in the Loadout Editor that says "Not found yet" and there's no research project for them that unlocked. I'm confused o_O
4_ Really ? I'll have to check because I thought I had done that, maybe my memoy again >_>
5_ Oh no I found all the caps. I was asking about the one you told about which involves hefty paper work ^^;

User is online   Jblade 

Wait, I forgot - Dark Gate's not included in the fix. my bad, good thing I'm not getting paid for this.

the paperweight thing was a joke, it's the car you can buy for 600k - it doesn't serve any purpose apart from dick waving basically.

View PostJblade, on 23 March 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

Wait, I forgot - Dark Gate's not included in the fix. my bad, good thing I'm not getting paid for this.

the paperweight thing was a joke, it's the car you can buy for 600k - it doesn't serve any purpose apart from dick waving basically.

Oh okay ^^;
So what about the last slot in alt ammo that says "not found yet" ? Are cryo slugs glitched or is it something else ?I do remember seeing "Tek Bolts" somewhere but I doubt it's implemented ... (sorry I couldn't resist taking a peek)

BTW I have checked my EDuke32 and there's actually no EP3 Platinum line O_o, I think I'll either have to write it down myself or replay the whole thing again >_>And thanks for helping :lol:

Some more feedback, after the patch.

I played through all of Egypt with Rusty Nails, and the performance largely does seem better (keeping in mind I downgraded from 1920x1080 to 1280x720), except the village/suburb area that still runs horribly. This is the only area in the whole mod I'd say comes close to unplayable due to the frame rate, but it was doable on Expert so it's not *too* bad. Also this is unrelated to the patch but I noticed Le Sang had a different line of dialogue for Rusty when approaching the boss arena, which is a great touch (now I have to fight off the temptation to replay this level 8 more times). I also noticed another secret added to Catacombs, so the total secrets is now 20? Please correct me if I'm wrong (and yes I found the secret too).

I also did the "Under Attack" mission again, and unfortunately the "divide by zero" error came back. But this time, I was not using a scoped weapon, I was sprinting outside the base wall with a FAL and it just... did that. I could not reproduce it. (and I found the secret this time, woo; my problem before was not pushing E in the right place within that elevator shaft)

Another glitch I'm having is that Snowfall for me shows up as "Fatigued" all the time now. On this save, I only used him for the first mission, but he's been showing up as fatigued after every mission now. Before installing the patch and starting a new save, I did play a few EDF missions as James and Geoffrey after Snowfall's final story mission, and when I started this file, Snowfall did not show "fatigued" when I picked him for the first mission, so I have no idea.

Finally, I am in Eviction Notice now, and I was able to use the scoped .50 rifle with zero issues (especially not dividing by them). I saw up there that the last bottlecap I need is in here, so I'm scouring every surface. No luck yet, and hopefully blowing up buildings with C4 doesn't somehow destroy the cap or I'll just have to do the level over. I did get the blue key for the new weapon though, so at least that.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0041.png
  • Attached Image: amc divide by zero again.jpg

This post has been edited by John Brown: 23 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

User is online   Jblade 

Hmm - do me a favour, type setvar DEBUG_STUFF 1 into the console; that'll print the exact fatigue amount onto the player's picture on the character select. See what it says and then just do say a small EDF mission and let me know if it doesn't get reduced.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 23 March 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostJohn Brown, on 23 March 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Some more feedback, after the patch.

I played through all of Egypt with Rusty Nails, and the performance largely does seem better (keeping in mind I downgraded from 1920x1080 to 1280x720), except the village/suburb area that still runs horribly. This is the only area in the whole mod I'd say comes close to unplayable due to the frame rate, but it was doable on Expert so it's not *too* bad. Also this is unrelated to the patch but I noticed Le Sang had a different line of dialogue for Rusty when approaching the boss arena, which is a great touch (now I have to fight off the temptation to replay this level 8 more times). I also noticed another secret added to Catacombs, so the total secrets is now 20? Please correct me if I'm wrong (and yes I found the secret too).

I also did the "Under Attack" mission again, and unfortunately the "divide by zero" error came back. But this time, I was not using a scoped weapon, I was sprinting outside the base wall with a FAL and it just... did that. I could not reproduce it. (and I found the secret this time, woo; my problem before was not pushing E in the right place within that elevator shaft)

Another glitch I'm having is that Snowfall for me shows up as "Fatigued" all the time now. On this save, I only used him for the first mission, but he's been showing up as fatigued after every mission now. Before installing the patch and starting a new save, I did play a few EDF missions as James and Geoffrey after Snowfall's final story mission, and when I started this file, Snowfall did not show "fatigued" when I picked him for the first mission, so I have no idea.

Finally, I am in Eviction Notice now, and I was able to use the scoped .50 rifle with zero issues (especially not dividing by them). I saw up there that the last bottlecap I need is in here, so I'm scouring every surface. No luck yet, and hopefully blowing up buildings with C4 doesn't somehow destroy the cap or I'll just have to do the level over. I did get the blue key for the new weapon though, so at least that.

About the bottle cap you should carefully explore the part of the main base that is the most furnished ^_-
For the fatigue thing I got the same feeling as you BEFORE the patch, after Providence it took FIFTEEN freaking missions for James to be back to shape O_o

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 23 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostJblade, on 23 March 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Hmm - do me a favour, type setvar DEBUG_STUFF 1 into the console; that'll print the exact fatigue amount onto the player's picture on the character select. See what it says and then just do say a small EDF mission and let me know if it doesn't get reduced.

I just went to the dropship and finished that one mission, and went back to base and suddenly Snowfall's fatigue was down to zero. But, Micky's was 7249 from just that one mission (imagine if I did Micky Begins...). Then I did Voices of Authority with Snowfall, and now, Micky's was reduced to 6265 (still with yellow fatigue border). Snowfall's was raised to 1029 with normal gray border.

I hope that helped. (and I'm assuming I'd just have to type "setvar DEBUG_STUFF 0" to turn this stuff off)

And thank you DragonLiner, I had a feeling it was in that room (if I'm thinking of the same room), I just already blew it up with C4 so the lights are off. I'll have another look later. (seriously I was looking in every shower and toilet stall and crawling under all the bunk beds)

User is online   Jblade 

Fatigue is affected by the length of the mission as well as how injured you were when you finished it; you may of been at low health when you finished the mission as Micky (and yeah, you can it off again by setting that to 0)

I wonder if being in a vehicle affects anything? I only ask because that was one common factor I could remember of both X64-2 and Eviction Notice, and why Rusty wasn't overloaded with fatigue after using him in the massive Egypt mission. I will try to test this by doing the Geoffrey mission, since that has the hovercraft.

User is online   Jblade 

Nah, the vehicle wouldn't affect it - here's the code in case anybody is curious:
Spoiler

The hub missions don't carry fatigue from one mission to the next, which is why the total fatigue time only really consisted of the last map against Le Sang. I can fix this, it's just not a huge priority atm.

User is online   blizzart 

I need a hint:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jblade: 23 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

View Postblizzart, on 23 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

I need a hint:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jblade: 23 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

User is online   Jblade 

Spoiler tags guys :lol:
Spoiler

Also, to follow up on earlier, I am having no more abnormal fatigue issues. If I really take my time secret-hunting, then yeah, the character will go into yellow fatigue, but I learned to expect that now (seriously I was looking all over for that bottlecap with Micky; still no idea why Snowfall was so fatigued as I didn't think I took very long in the first level but oh well). Side note, I did finally get not-zero secrets in Neutrino (2/5, which is good enough for me since I found the new weapon). Still stuck with 1/2 secrets in Rainforest but I'll live. I don't need to 100% everything.

Also also, I am having an issue that I saw earlier in this topic, of the weapons merchant in the Garmid hub not actually selling me any weapons. I say "I'll take it" and he tells me to check with the weapons dealer back at base, but I've talked to both him and the Russian arms dealer you rescue in Ep 1 (forgot his name, sorry), and I still don't see the new weapons for sale. I do have all three bottlecaps now, does getting them on two different playthroughs affect this? (when I replayed Neutrino just now, I went to the area where one bottlecap was and it was no longer there, which I expected with this mod's persistent nature).

Finally, I'm still getting the camera crash but only once, in Neutrino. I had no crashes in any of the other levels with cameras on this playthrough (particularly Rainforest since you cycle through a few of them), and after that one crash I just stopped checking cameras for the rest of the level and problem solved/avoided. I have had no other serious errors or crashes since last time, so that's good.

User is online   Jblade 

If you crack open the eduke32.cfg and find FAITHFUL_LICENSE and just add 1 to whatever it is, that'll fix it - it looks like I forgot to ensure that bit wasn't already set before setting it and that's causing the guns not to appear.

View PostJblade, on 23 March 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

If you crack open the eduke32.cfg and find FAITHFUL_LICENSE and just add 1 to whatever it is, that'll fix it - it looks like I forgot to ensure that bit wasn't already set before setting it and that's causing the guns not to appear.

Awesome, that did the trick. Huge thanks. I turned in the bottle caps, and had just enough base budget to get all of them (10K to spare).

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options