Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32

another bug, another crash

Posted Image

the bug is in the save, so it crashes when trying to load it.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 16 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I assume NBlood doesn't have a sophisticated addon support system like in BloodGDX yet? I tried with Death Wish. You can put deathwish.ini in the same dir as blood.ini and cryptic.ini and it is recognized, but in the launcher it only shows as "deathwish.ini" and I dunno how to add a nice name for it. At least the mod works in general, provided you put the files in the right place.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

You're thinking of making NBlood Addon Compilation? :rolleyes:

• The Truth is in here

Not right now, but I wonder how to migrate my personal addon collection optimized for BloodGDX to NBlood, of possible.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

"## Installing
1. Extract NBlood to a new directory
2. Copy the following files from Blood 1.21 to NBlood folder:

BLOOD.INI
BLOOD.RFF
BLOOD000.DEM-BLOOD003.DEM
GUI.RFF
SOUNDS.RFF
SURFACE.DAT
TILES000.ART-TILES017.ART
VOXEL.DAT"

Where do I find these files?

• The Truth is in here

They are in the dir of your patched DOS installation or the GOG release.

User is offline   Davidow 

how do you play multiplayer on nblood

User is offline   DUKEBR89 

Thanks for the hard work in making this "source" port, but I wonder if I should purchase the Fresh Supply or One Unit Whole Blood bundle in order to get game files. I read that the FS release has cinematics in .ogv format, which is not recognized by nBlood, only .smk. I guess OUWB comes with .smk videos then, so shall I get this release then? It's still sold in a couple of digital stores besides Steam.

Nevermind about my last post, I read that FS re-release was a complete mess and grabbed OUWB instead, also because it has the original SMK videos. It runs fine on NBlood, didn't encounter any issues so far. Thank you very much for this port, I can finally play Blood 23 years later lol.

View PostLazy Dog, on 16 February 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Same issue, though in my case the error message says the source file is the Cultist AI (aicult.cpp), at line 165. This is still happening in the latest daily builds.

This post has been edited by DUKEBR89: 20 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostDUKEBR89, on 19 May 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Nevermind about my last post, I read that FS re-release was a complete mess and grabbed OUWB instead, also because it has the original SMK videos. It runs fine on NBlood, didn't encounter any issues so far. Thank you very much for this port, I can finally play Blood 23 years later lol.

I think FS comes with the original OUWB aswell.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Don't give them your money anyway.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I wouldn't recommend giving anyone your money for Blood. It only goes to the people who are holding the source hostage.

I understand why you say that, but it's better than getting it from Jack Sparrow store or buying the dreadful FS release. And from what I know, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment owns Monolith, the Blood IP and the source code. Atari, AFAIK, only owns the publishing rights.

This post has been edited by DUKEBR89: 21 May 2020 - 03:50 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Jack Sparrow store is the best place to buy it. No one who gets money from it had anything to do with its creation, nor do they give a fuck.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've been playing around with NBlood finally. This port is so slick. I have a sort of odd feature request. Is there any way some kind of zip support or a data folder or something could be added? Blood has always bothered me that it's just a big clutter of files.

I have question. Does anybody have version of nblood working in windows xp? I know its strange but i have a ,,retro'' pc special for old games, and sure i can use bloodgdx but i want try nblood. Any ideas ? I will be apriciated

This post has been edited by Szczwanylisek: 25 May 2020 - 08:45 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostSzczwanylisek, on 25 May 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

I have question. Does anybody have version of nblood working in windows xp? I know its strange but i have a ,,retro'' pc special for old games, and sure i can use bloodgdx but i want try nblood. Any ideas ? I will be apriciated

Does the 32-bit version not work?

It not work. I have error ,,Intel inet top". W32 aplication is not valid. I search on google what that's mean and It is some option ,,nettop" what is in Windows Vista or higher, 7,8,10 not in Xp. That why i Ask becous maybe someone have some beta version compiled for Xp😉

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Which download are you using ?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm having an issue where the sensitivity applied to individual mouse axis aren't saving. I don't think this is new, as the previous build I had was doing the same thing before I upgraded. Tested with the latest build r11615-5a3f17acc from https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/.

Posted Image

Oasiz i use 32bit latest version, i also try older. Non work.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostSzczwanylisek, on 29 May 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

Oasiz i use 32bit latest version, i also try older. Non work.

Downloaded from where, and which version exactly?
What is the exact error you get ?

"Intel Inet top" sounds like some networking related error, do you have a screenshot ?
Which OS version are you using, is it patched to what version?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostR A D A Я, on 28 May 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm having an issue where the sensitivity applied to individual mouse axis aren't saving. I don't think this is new, as the previous build I had was doing the same thing before I upgraded. Tested with the latest build r11615-5a3f17acc from https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/.

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r11617
---
2c63f6bcb | [nukeykt] Blood: fix mouse axis scale slider initial value

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r11616
---
8d27fdf15 | [nukeykt] Rednukem & Blood: Add mouse axis scale cvars

I know my english isn't super but do i write in chinese ? I write that i build special old pc for games from late 90 and early 2000. It have windows xp SP3 . All drivers. All vcredist and all stuff is needs to Play games. Problem is that google says that this error i have is some missing options in winxp. Only win Vista or 7,8,10 have that Intel net top. I download nblood from ,,official,, site and also from this site : http://nukeykt.retrohost.net/

I try all versions. ALL. That's why i Ask maybe someone have some version compiled for older os like my win xp. I know that inet Intel option is not available for win xp. Now its clear ?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Ok, thanks.

Let me try installing XP in a VM and see if I can spot any issues.
I assume you used a release from here: https://lerppu.net/w.../nblood/latest/

By saying "all versions", did you try earlier ones such as 20200319-2452 ?
I will meanwhile try to get a test setup on my end ;)

This error name is: ,,inet_ntop" i find for example this article:
https://github.com/d...sdk/issues/2559

where some guy write it is option not available in win xp :P

I very like BloodGDX and all GDX project, but to be honest he have some issues. And to do sure, for old PC java is not the best solution. IF You can find any solution for this i will be very apriciated ;)

p.s

Yes i try allll versions from start project for newest. All the same error :(

My PC is:
Pentium III 1.4
IBM motherboard from Netvista
2mb of ram ddr2
120hdd
3dfxvoodoo 2 sli + Geforce 4ti AGP
Sound Blaster Live.
I can instal win 98 on it but for some games i like more win xp. For example many gog games i can play without original cd ( i have many games but i dont want use oryginal cd everytime i want play, gog help with this ). Soo im stuck with win xp

I also can use very old project call VDMsound, but for example Shadow Warrior have problem with cd music, and there was no ,,modern,, port of Powerslave ( i love this game ). All Nblood, RedNukem, PcExhumed give me the same error. On my new laptop with W10 no error at all :)

This post has been edited by Szczwanylisek: 29 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Thanks, I managed to repro this in a VM.

It's being looked into.

https://stackoverflo...ton-or-inetpton

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postoasiz, on 29 May 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r11617
---
2c63f6bcb | [nukeykt] Blood: fix mouse axis scale slider initial value

NBlood / Rednukem / PCExhumed - r11616
---
8d27fdf15 | [nukeykt] Rednukem & Blood: Add mouse axis scale cvars

Thanks and I appreciate the direct response.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostLazy Dog, on 16 February 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm having the same problem. I think it crashed when I pressed F6, and now it crashes on load.

Posted Image

Unfortunately I can't attach the save file to my post. I'll upload it somewhere if someone requests it.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options