Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32

User is offline   Morgаn 

Is there any way to use custom difficulty? I prefer nBlood over GDX and FS, but lack of customization difficulty is really big issue for me since I don't like standard Blood skill system with uncompromising curve between perfect Lightly Broiled gameplay and Extra Crispy enemy hordes. :unsure:

User is offline   VGA 

Is this being worked on? Does it support the Cryptic Passage addon natively?

User is offline   Morgаn 

View PostVGA, on 29 August 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Is this being worked on? Does it support the Cryptic Passage addon natively?

It's WIP, github updating almost everyday. But everything else: feedback, news, test builds, discussions is looks like as much as dead.

This post has been edited by Morgаn: 30 August 2019 - 01:18 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

TerminX talked about setting up synthesis builds for it. That would help get more people testing as they don't have to build it themselves.

User is offline   VGA 

Can Nuke or someone else provide a WIP Windows build?

User is offline   supergoofy 

https://forums.duke4...post__p__321990

User is offline   VGA 

View Postsupergoofy, on 30 August 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Thanks, I tried that. That build throws pink glitches when jumping over or walking over the fence in E1M1.

It's weird how people dismiss Blood FS by saying "just drop NBlood and that's that" but when you actually do .... hmmm

User is online   Phredreeke 

If you donít mind the perspective distortion when looking up or down Iíd suggest switching to the classic renderer. Otherwise you can try BloodGDX but then you donít get palette emulation.

User is offline   VGA 

I cloned the repository in Visual Studio and compiled the current commit, it works better but I noticed there is input lag because of Vsync. But in Blood FS I have Vsync enabled and have not noticed such a problem... Also, the crosshair is almost invisible.

This post has been edited by VGA: 04 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 May 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Yeah, I was clumsy and forgot to add include blood_widescreen.def to the blood.def in the package.

Did this get fixed at some point? Sorry if I didn't see it.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options