Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32

User is offline   Morgаn 

Is there any way to use custom difficulty? I prefer nBlood over GDX and FS, but lack of customization difficulty is really big issue for me since I don't like standard Blood skill system with uncompromising curve between perfect Lightly Broiled gameplay and Extra Crispy enemy hordes. :(

User is offline   VGA 

Is this being worked on? Does it support the Cryptic Passage addon natively?

User is offline   Morgаn 

View PostVGA, on 29 August 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Is this being worked on? Does it support the Cryptic Passage addon natively?

It's WIP, github updating almost everyday. But everything else: feedback, news, test builds, discussions is looks like as much as dead.

This post has been edited by Morgаn: 30 August 2019 - 01:18 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

TerminX talked about setting up synthesis builds for it. That would help get more people testing as they don't have to build it themselves.

User is offline   VGA 

Can Nuke or someone else provide a WIP Windows build?

User is offline   supergoofy 

https://forums.duke4...post__p__321990

User is offline   VGA 

View Postsupergoofy, on 30 August 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Thanks, I tried that. That build throws pink glitches when jumping over or walking over the fence in E1M1.

It's weird how people dismiss Blood FS by saying "just drop NBlood and that's that" but when you actually do .... hmmm

If you don’t mind the perspective distortion when looking up or down I’d suggest switching to the classic renderer. Otherwise you can try BloodGDX but then you don’t get palette emulation.

User is offline   VGA 

I cloned the repository in Visual Studio and compiled the current commit, it works better but I noticed there is input lag because of Vsync. But in Blood FS I have Vsync enabled and have not noticed such a problem... Also, the crosshair is almost invisible.

This post has been edited by VGA: 04 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 May 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Yeah, I was clumsy and forgot to add include blood_widescreen.def to the blood.def in the package.

Did this get fixed at some point? Sorry if I didn't see it.

User is offline   PlatynumX 

Is there a more current Dev build floating around?
Thanks

NukeYKT posts new builds on the Blood Discord every now and then https://discord.gg/V9fY5wE

User is offline   malvado 

Hi. I like this port a lot but unfortunately I experience problems with it. Sporadically things will get all jittery on-screen and then return to normal. It will suddenly happen for no reason, even in empty areas, and then return to normal in those same areas so it's not like it happens because of too much on-screen action. I have no idea what causes it. I experience this same exact problem when playing Shadow Warrior with the Redux port. It doesn't happen when I play Duke 3D in eDuke32 however.

I play on a laptop with the following specs:
Intel i5 7300HQ
nVidia GTX 1060 Max Q 6GB RAM
8GB RAM
Windows 10 (build 1908, but it also happened with the older builds)

Does anybody else experience this problem? If so I'd be very grateful for a solution. Thanks!

It doesn't happen when I play Duke 3D in eDuke32 however.

Have you tried the dev build? Because if it's fixed in current EDuke32 then it's most likely fixed in NBlood as well now

User is offline   malvado 

View PostPhredreeke, on 05 December 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Have you tried the dev build? Because if it's fixed in current EDuke32 then it's most likely fixed in NBlood as well now

Cool I can try it out. Do you have a link?

I never had this problem in any eduke version ever though. It's always been a problem for me with SW Redux and NBlood on my current system. SW Redux ran fine on my old laptop but not on this one. Only ever played NBlood on this laptop, nothing else.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/ (wannabe-synthesis)

Some initial win64 builds of pce/nblood/rednukem
Plan is to automate these later on and have more frequent ones available.

These are all based on latest source code available from git.

NOTE: These are unofficial builds, while some light testing has been done, it's not fully clear on what might be broken compared to official binaries. Consider these experimental!

I did run through E1M1 on blood and it was smooth as hell, but still no guarantees :lol:

PCE = Recent Exhumed port
NBLOOD = Blood port
REDNUKEM = Redneck rampage AND Duke3D (Complete with original clipping and even plays the demos!)

User is offline   supergoofy 

QUOTE from https://github.com/nukeykt/NRedneck :

NRedneck/Rednukem code was merged into NBlood repository available here: https://github.com/nukeykt/NBlood

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

What does that entail? Does that mean 2 executables are now built from the same codestream? Or that 1 executable can now play both RR and Blood?

it means the two ports share the same repo

User is offline   Master O 

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 December 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

it means the two ports share the same repo

Does that mean RR and Blood are playable within the same .exe ?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

No, only Duke3D and RR.

It is unlikely that this would be supported in the future either since while there is a lot of codebase overlap, there are also a lot of conflicts.

User is offline   Tekedon 

I don't know what happened, but I can't use Nuke.YKT's ports anymore. After playing a while the game starts hanging up for a few seconds and these freezes get longer and longer the more I play. The music also stops and sustains the current note playing when this happens. I told him about this but I guess he did not find any problem. BloodGDX works without problems and also the first official release of NBlood.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 06 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Try messing with the FPS limiter. Set it to 30 and see if it eliminates hitching. Then move it up to higher settings until hitching is reintroduced.

I've suggested this to a few folks with little success, but I feel compelled to share it because it solved my own hitching problem that blocked me from using new builds for about a year.

Does the current build of eduke32 work for you?
Does that happen in both renderers or just one of them?
Are you using MIDI or CD audio? If MIDI are you using OPL3 emulator or system MIDI?

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 December 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Does the current build of eduke32 work for you?
Does that happen in both renderers or just one of them?
Are you using MIDI or CD audio? If MIDI are you using OPL3 emulator or system MIDI?

Just tested, happens in latest eduke32 aswell, the one released 2019-12-04, after about 5 minutes of play. Mode is polymost, happens both with system midi and OPL. Only difference in Eduke32 the music does not sustain notes.

My system is:

Asus N551jk
CPU: I7 4710HQ
GPU: Geforce GTX 850M 2gb DDR3
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
WIn 10 Home

View PostTekedon, on 06 December 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Just tested, happens in latest eduke32 aswell, the one released 2019-12-04, after about 5 minutes of play. Mode is polymost, happens both with system midi and OPL. Only difference in Eduke32 the music does not sustain notes.

Do you have Megaton Edition? Because then eduke32 would use the included SC-55 recordings rather than MIDI which would explain the difference.

Did you test Classic to see if it happens there as well?

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 December 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

Do you have Megaton Edition? Because then eduke32 would use the included SC-55 recordings rather than MIDI which would explain the difference.

Did you test Classic to see if it happens there as well?

I'm using the original GRP from the Atomic Edition. Classic mode seems fine both in NBlood and Eduke32, so seems like it's related to polymost. Like I told Nuke.YKT, I don't know much about
programming but it almost seems like somekind of memory leak, when this happens my harddrive goes crazy and some service (can't recall the name right now, might have been DCOM) related to memory handling is working
it's ass off when checking task manager.

Can you work your way backwards from the eduke32 builds until you find a build that doesn't crash?

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 December 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Can you work your way backwards from the eduke32 builds until you find a build that doesn't crash?

So far I've narrowed it down to 8229 where the freezing start. Allthough in 8134 I have some other stuttering problems but no freezes. So I would say 8229 is where the problem started for me.

*Edit, yeah 8133 works fine too. So definatly 8229, and also the strange stuttering in 8134.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 06 December 2019 - 10:57 AM

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Me and another user (Lazy Dog) both reported horrible frame pacing/stuttering issues w/ the latest versions of eduke32 about a month or so ago, but nobody ever addressed the problem for us. I still have the same stuttering/freezing issues w/ the latest builds of eduke32, and it only seems to happen in polymost with vsync enabled.

Here's the posts we made in the Ion Fury topic: https://forums.duke4.../page__st__3720

And here's Lazy Dog's bug report that nobody ever responded to: https://forums.duke4...c-frame-pacing/

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options