Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] NBlood - Blood port based on EDuke32

User is offline   mwnn 

I know from reading previous pages that Cryptic Passage is supported with a few file renaming tricks, etc.
I just had a few observations and quirks I've noticed.

It perhaps seems a bit strange that the game currently loads game data from the current directory and ~/.config/nblood

Personally I'd expect the game to load configuration files from ~/.config/nblood

And load any game data from the same directory as the executable plus whichever ones are specified with:
./nblood -ini {path to ini}

As it is now the game will happily load cryptic.ini
It reaches the main menu but crashes when starting the episode if the Cryptic Passage data is inside a sub directory i.e. nblood/cryptic (error src/db.cpp line 661)
In other words I can't play Cryptic Passage by doing:
./nblood -ini cryptic/cryptic.ini

Conversely if the cryptic folder is the current working directory and I run the game, it then complains about missing Blood data! =D (error src/screen.cpp(136): BLOOD.PAL not found)
../nblood -ini cryptic.ini

Simply put:
> I can either mash all the game files together in the main nblood folder OR
> Stick the Cryptic Passage files in ~/.config/nblood
> Starting the game with:
./nblood -ini cryptic.ini

The game doesn't seem to like absolute paths for ini files i.e: (error src/blood.cpp(1216): Missing argument)
 ./nblood -ini ~/.config/nblood/cryptic.ini

./nblood -ini /home/andrew/.config/nblood/cryptic.ini

But will work using a relative one:
./nblood -ini ../../.config/nblood/cryptic.ini

/home/andrew/GOG/NBlood

User is offline   VGA 

Just tried this, can I set Always Run On by default? And how do I take screenshots?

Also, is it normal that right in the first level an enemy got stuck in the breakable panels and just glitches rapidly?

Also, I have noticed both in BloodGDX and in this one it is sometimes impossible to hit an enemy or a barrel with a flare if you are above them. For example, in NBlood in the last little area where there are a couple of cultists, I cannot hit them with the flare gun from above (through the opening).

User is offline   v47 

View PostPhredreeke, on 12 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

I repackaged the old skyboxes for NBlood for those who like playing in Polymost. Just place it in the autoload folder.

the stats screen between the levels is black/blank when having the skyboxes loaded and running widescreen 16:9;

Posted Image
4:3 and 16:10 resolutions are fine.

This post has been edited by v47: 13 May 2019 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   v47 

also, life leech secondary mode (the "turret") is all wonky, the staff jumping up and down a bit, having square shadow and is completely unable to hit spiders, even the large ones.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Yeah, I was clumsy and forgot to add include blood_widescreen.def to the blood.def in the package.

User is offline   v47 

any chance of adding it sometime soonish?

User is offline   Saucerful 

Any chance I could get a copy of the latest dev build? I'm having an issue where the screen is black for several seconds when I start up NBlood, but I see on GitHub that a fix has already been committed since the last official release.

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

View PostSaucerful, on 18 May 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Any chance I could get a copy of the latest dev build? I'm having an issue where the screen is black for several seconds when I start up NBlood, but I see on GitHub that a fix has already been committed since the last official release.

Here you go

User is offline   Jim 

where is the option for texture filtering for Nblood?

User is offline   1Anto 

It seems that in the dev version, palette emulation option is removed. Is there a way to toggle palette emulation with console commands?

Also, picking up reflective shield and loading a save file while it still active would make the audio effect last for the entire game

User is offline   1Anto 

Also, I still can't load fgsfds' Blood voxel pack with autoload method. Is there a workaround to make it work with NBlood?

User is offline   Nuke.YKT 

Palette emulation is always enabled in dev version. I've added shading interpolation in dev version which removes classic renderer's banding effect while retaining correct color representation of original game. This option is enabled by default, you can disable it using r_shadeinterpolate cvar.

User is offline   Jim 

So the texture filtering is not going to be an option in NBlood?

There has been some talk about this on Discord. It would need to be reimplemented as a shader.

User is offline   v47 

um, what? opengl supports texture filtering, that's what I'm using right now..

Yes. But it conflicts with the way palette emulation works. Palette emulation processes textures with indexed color (just like the software renderer) while traditional texture filtering would expect textures in the RGB colorspace. Hence any texture filtering would need to be implemented as a shader.

User is offline   Jim 

Well, please have a version of Nblood with texture filtering, for those of us that want it. Thanks!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I’m sure it’ll be put in at some point, as texture filtering is a standard feature, and would be of benefit to eduke32 and all its derivative ports and games, including Ion Maiden.

I’d say it’s just a matter of when it will happen, and who’s going to do it.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 04 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

User is offline   Jim 

Ion maiden doesn't have texture filtering now? I thought that came with eduke32 opengl

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Nblood is basically eduke32 when you get down to the core. They both use palate emulation, and so they both lack texture filtering.

User is offline   Anacronox 

Hm how do we use "custom game content directory" & "autoload" options in current release? The only way i managed to load voxel/upscale packs is by making a batch file. Creating "autoload" folder, throwing zips in there & checking autopload option does nothing. Same for custom content. Made a separate directory, selected it but custom ini files just wont show on the list.. Still only blood.ini. I feel like i am missing smth very obvious :D

For custom content directories, it needs to have its main INI named blood.ini. It would be a nice feature if NBlood autorefreshed the list of INIs when selecting a subfolder.

For the autoload folder... It's complicated. eduke32 and nblood doesn't have the automatic loading of def files sharing a zip files name that M210's GDX ports have, you could provide your own blood.def that includes the defs you want to use. I have found it simpler for my upscale packs to just disregard the autoload folder altogether and instead provide a batch file (or for Linux users a shell script) to launch the port with the -g and -mh parameters to load the relevant files.

And said blood.def needs to be in same archive as all the defs i want to load? Meaning re-packing all my zips into all-in-one archive + blood.def? I guess i stick to bat file then. Thanks you.

User is offline   1Anto 

View PostAnacronox, on 14 June 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

And said blood.def needs to be in same archive as all the defs i want to load? Meaning re-packing all my zips into all-in-one archive + blood.def? I guess i stick to bat file then. Thanks you.

Mind sharing the method you used to load voxel pack on NBlood? Thank you.

Bat file with nblood -g voxels.zip -mh voxels.def. Same way Phredreeke uses for his upscale packs =)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostMrFlibble, on 12 February 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Does this support the shareware version?

I tested this briefly with shareware v1.11 (the latest shareware version), and the answer is definitely no.

The current version of NBlood does not recognize the shareware tiles ART file (SHARE000.ART) at all, crashing on startup. I renamed it to TILES000.ART and the game loaded, only to show the blank menu screen with the dripping blood animation and absolutely no menu text whatsoever. I can move around the mouse but it won't do anything, although at some point by moving arrow keys and pressing Enter I apparently entered some menu with settings as a gauge made of blood droplets appeared on the right side of the screen. I had to use the Task Manager to quit.

I also created 16 copies of the ART file to provide the range of files the programme expects but it didn't make any difference whatsoever.

Cold you please add shareware version support?

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Just noticed that the newer builds of EDuke32 have fixed all the visual glitches w/ the 32-bit version- Awesome!

Is there a possible ETA on when a 32-bit version of NBlood will finally be released?

Thanks!

Great work on this! Base game works perfectly to me but have issue with addons. They load and plays with no issue but whenever I try save I get this error.

Attached File  Screenshot_1.png (6.79K)
Number of downloads: 22

Can't seem to find way to edit post so here is update.

Figured out what the problem was. Just had to move the folder from desktop to proper place on C:

View PostSENTIONAUTS, on 15 August 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Can't seem to find way to edit post so here is update.

Figured out what the problem was. Just had to move the folder from desktop to proper place on C:

beyond the black rainbow

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options