Duke4.net Forums: SIGIL - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SIGIL  "Split from "John Romero and Adrian Carmack's new FPS""

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 07 June 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Increasing the speed of demons and spectres seems like a bad idea, as their pathfinding is already not the best and as such they move like headless chicken. Plus they just look ridiculous moving this fast; you might as well play while listening to the Benny Hill theme song!

Is there not another command that makes enemies more aggressive without increasing their movement speed?

The fast monsters option has been in there (almost) from the start, it's enabled by default when you play on N!, so UV-fast is like N! but without the monsters respawning.

I never noticed any problems with monster movement when playing on N!, I think it's more important, gameplay and difficulty wise, that they shoot faster with the -fast setting.

As a matter of fact, Doomwiki specifies that increased movement speed only affects Pinkies and Spectres while other monsters move less and shoot more, while projectiles move faster.

Try it, it's cool.

As for your question, some of the less conservative source ports may have other, optional tweaks to the monster AI but I haven't really been interested if there are any, or what they might do. It may be good for a mod but not for a classic experience.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Wow, I never thought I would still live to see that day, but:

"Your order has been scheduled for shipment:
SIGIL Beast Box PC Megawad
Shipped: 2019-06-11"

Now that I have played the whole thing at least four times, my urge to have it is actually not THAAAAT big any more, I gotta admit. :lol: Anyway, it's still about the goodies and the huge amount of cash I had invested into this, so... maybe if any of you guys are still waiting for this, you may get your order in the not-too-distant future as well.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Just had a confirmation of shipping for the Beast Box as well. I'm guessing it'll be a week or so before it gets here.

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

My Beast Box finally arrived. In the meantime, these sell for 1.3-4k USD on ebay. Unfortunately, this made me decide to keep my copy sealed as a future investment. Even though I don't think I'll part with it unless it's down to either selling that or living underneath a bridge.

User is offline   Major Tom 

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

As for the previous episodes, OneManDoom published his detailed thoughts.
https://onemandoom.b...l-sigilwad.html

User is offline   Malgon 

Pretty excited, as the Beast Box finally arrived for me earlier today. Even though everyone has probably seen photos of it by now, and in better quality, here's some as promised (sorry for the crappy lighting, flash, slightly out of focus etc.)

Posted Image
Full album

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options