• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RedneckGDX

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Giving Java admin privileges is probably not a great idea

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHoboDerg, on 09 October 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

I don't have RedneckGDX installed in Program Files and it's not installed C: drive. I gave it full privileges in editing menu, but it didn't work. It's just this AF setting that keeps resetting everytime, so it looks like a bug to me.

What about savegame, screenshots?

User is offline   HoboDerg 

View PostM210, on 09 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

What about savegame, screenshots?

They are saved in same folder as other Redneck Rampage game files, which is F drive in my case.

I try driver update later to see if it fixes this issue (I use Nvidia 399.07 currently).

This post has been edited by HoboDerg: 09 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

I don't think not retaining AF settings has anything to do with GPU drivers. I don't think it saves it for me either TBH.

User is offline   aybe0 

View PostIdrisALG, on 08 October 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Been using RedneckGDX as of late and there's no music, no matter what Midi player I use. Is it a bug or the music in general hasn't been added to the source port yet?

This is how I installed the game with music for GOG release:

Ensure that you first copy the Redneck GOG folder (where REDNECK.inst is, which in fact is a CUE file) to a writeable location (unless you installed it somewhere else than Program Files).

Then unzip CueToOgg archive there and run CueToOgg.exe, it'll detect the cue file and place OGG files in .\REDNECK folder, when done, move these back to parent folder.

Finally, put RedneckGDX jar in that parent folder and run it.

User is offline   m210® 

Alright, I'm released a new version :rolleyes:
There is addon and Rides Again support now :P

RedneckGDX

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostM210, on 18 October 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

RedneckGDX
Great! Might wanna update the RedneckGDX download page, though, it still says "Redneck Rampage Rides Again not support yet".

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks, fixed :rolleyes:

User is offline   Tekedon 

Great release! Bugs I notcied. Crawling speed seems too fast, maybe just me.. Also no sound when clicking the lighter when lighting a TNT.

User is offline   Newken 

Relaunching RedneckGDX breaks VSync.

Some inventory items can be obscured by the Drunkometer/Gutometer:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 18 October 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Thanks Alex, it's a long awaited thing for me!
You are the best!

User is offline   aybe0 

View PostTekedon, on 18 October 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Great release! Bugs I notcied. Crawling speed seems too fast, maybe just me.. Also no sound when clicking the lighter when lighting a TNT.

With what ? Keyboard, joystick ?

If with joystick then currently the implementation is just analog where at full extent the player simply runs. IMO I find that better since you don't have to press an extra button just to run, just move your thumb slightly instead.

This post has been edited by aybe0: 18 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

User is offline   Tekedon 

View Postaybe0, on 18 October 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

With what ? Keyboard, joystick ?

If with joystick then currently the implementation is just analog where at full extent the player simply runs. IMO I find that better since you don't have to press an extra button just to run, just move your thumb slightly instead.

With keyboard and mouse for aiming. But it might just be me. Seems like crawling is faster than running.

User is offline   TP555 

Hi All

i have found some Aim or Distance Bugs , i need much of Shots to Kill the first Enemy on my Left Side without Move , and i can't shoot the Chickens , that isn't so importemend so far , but in Erampage not Distance Bugs and the Chickens can shoot , and very less Shots to kill anyone from far Away , much of Shots from far away will not reg as Hit in RedneckGDX !

But , with Rides Again , no problems , need very less Shots for the 3 first Enemies with Guns , with Original Redneck Rampage , is that sometimes like Endless Shooting from far Away !

TP555

This post has been edited by TP555: 20 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

Don't use erampage as a reference, it's very inaccurate. How does it compare to the original game running in DosBox?

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@ Phredreeke

Yes i know , but i think the Gameplay in the First Level is like the Original with Erampage , and so i have in remember the old Dos Version in the 90s :rolleyes:

But with GDX much Disctance Aim Bugs , but with Rides Again all ok !

Here is an Video , first GDX , then Eramapge and last Rides Again with GDX

Higher Resolutinos up to 1440p comming later ! Youtube even :P

TP555

This post has been edited by TP555: 20 October 2018 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Newken 

Autoaim enabled?

User is offline   TP555 

Re

is the same with Disabled or Enabled. , and in Rides Again , was AutoAim too Enabled by Default

What is wrong there ?

@Phredreeke and Newken , or anybody , can reproduce this ?

TP555

This post has been edited by TP555: 20 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

User is offline   Mark 

The same day RRGDX was released I posted that I couldn't kill chickens with the crowbar or pistol. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMark, on 20 October 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

The same day RRGDX was released I posted that I couldn't kill chickens with the crowbar or pistol. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

Bugs of original game I will fix after 100% decompilation, not now

I tested in DOS, GDX and erampage. Turning off autoaim the behavior is similar between DOS and GDX. In erampage the chickens die too quickly.

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@M210

and what about Aim Distance Bug ?

TP555

User is offline   Mark 

View PostM210, on 20 October 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Bugs of original game I will fix after 100% decompilation, not now

That is fine by me. I have patience and know these things take time.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTP555, on 20 October 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

Re

@M210

and what about Aim Distance Bug ?

TP555

Same, because it's bug of original game

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@M210

Ok , we look all Forward to V0.761 :rolleyes:

But what i have seen too , the Fov is much higher in GDX , than in Erampage which is max 4:3 Aspect !

Mayby is the High Fov the problem , so you must try if you can patch , a Native Widescreen/Ultrawide Aspect Ratio .

In Tekwar , which i had test too , see Video on my Channel , no problems , but TekwarGDX have a Problem with the Videos , Sound Stuttering , and mayby dosn't work the Matrix Levels , i saw one Lets Play on YT , he did play all Levels , expect the Matrix Levels , so i think , the Matrix Levels dosn't work for play !

Comming there soon something Patches too for TekwarGDX ?

And an Another Question , how works all GDX Ports with Reshade 3.4.1 , which exe file must load for the Reshade Setup ?

TP555

erampage is based on a really old version of eduke32 with no widescreen support in classic and Ver- in Polymost.

The FOV is higher in GDX because it's Hor+, this is the correct way to do it as otherwise you lose space on top and bottom. (though maybe M210 could implement a windowboxed 4:3 mode for people who absolutely prefer it?)

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@Phredreeke

i had compare a Dos Box Video on Youtube with GDX , M210's Widescreen Solotion based just on Fov , and not a Native/Proper Original 4:3 to 16:9 or 21:9 Aspect , and this can mayby cause the problem to hit Targets which are very far away.

But give we M210 time to find a Solution with Fov , a Native Widescreen/Ultrawide Screen is alot of Work !

@M210

Which Fov Settings do you use for 16:9 and 21:9 ?

I think for 16:9 is it 90 , and for 21:9 115-120

In Unreal Gold with OldUnreal Patch , which too based complette on a Fov Solution for all Widescreen Aspects , i have set 120 !

TP555

This post has been edited by TP555: 21 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTP555, on 21 October 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

I think for 16:9 is it 90 , and for 21:9 115-120

If you mean it generally then no, not really: 90 is the traditional, "old school PC FPS" FoV for a 4:3 aspect ratio but lately we're getting games that have a default setting lower than that (75 or in more extreme cases 60). That's because the ideal FoV depends on the size of the screen and the distance you're watching it from too so for a console game a lower FoV is more ideal because you play them on a big TV while sitting on a couch usually.

But lnog story short for 4:3 the standard is 90, for 16:10 it's 105-106 and for 16:9 it's 109-110.

User is offline   TP555 

Re

@Zaxx

ok , but i said , i think 16:9 is Fov 90 !

Here are the Correct Values :

4:3 aspect ratio (12:9) FOV = 90°
16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) FOV = 106.26°
21:9 aspect ratio (ultra-widescreen) FOV = 121.28°

But Fov or too high Fov , does mayby Manipulate the Engline , so is the Aim from far Distance not possible or , needs much longer , to kill anybody !
Native Widescreen Support , can't this

TP555

This post has been edited by TP555: 22 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

Again, have you tested in Dosbox? It takes me about as many shots to kill the coot at the start of the game as it does in RedneckGDX, meanwhile in erampage he dies much quicker

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options