• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RedneckGDX

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostChristianTheSatanist, on 15 September 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

I was wondering if the gameplay in the GDX version was generally reflective of RR as a whole, because if it is... I can see why people often omit this game from the top list of BUILD games. Blood, I think, is just underrated, but RR is... mediocre. It's a neat game, but mostly I just like playing it because it's the game of my people. Weapons are meh, level design is boring, kind of flat. Also, aiming doesn't work for shit. Maybe some QoL improvements could be built into the game, but if it stays close to vanilla, then I don't think I'd bother finishing it.

Not only that but sadly when it comes to sprite work and weapon "models" RR is just very lazy in its presentation. The characters and the animations just look god awful and that's a shame because otherwise RR's higher resolution assets look very nice in HD.

Anyway as for the level design, gameplay and stuff Rides Again is a much better game, that's the one worth playing even today.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

Haven't played much trough the levels, but I noticed there's an occasional glitch on the weapon column where the graphics above it flicker once in a while. Also when the pickup truck in E1M1 runs over a Skinny Old Coot, its corpse doesn't stay down properly or gets dragged like the Pedestrian Harvest powerup in Carmageddon.

User is offline   Newken 

I can't break glass in v0.751. :rolleyes:

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Everytime a demo ends in the main menu, the cinematics restart. Kinda annoying when you are in the middle of configuring the game or managing your savefiles.

User is offline   RazTK 

I'm now playing through Route 66, and somehow the second key in the level "Flea Market" got stuck on the second conveyor belt, inside the wall. I don't know whether it happens in the DOS version or not, so I thought I'll report it just in case and attach my savegame too (if it can be of use to prevent this from happening again). I have restarted the level to see if it happens again and it didn't, so I'm not sure why or how it managed to get stuck.

Savegame: https://mega.nz/#!WN...KaXGw8G8XpCUgBM

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using v0.750.

This post has been edited by RazTK: 18 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

User is offline   skitey 

looking forward to some nice rescaled textures from Phredreeke, like the stuff from blood :rolleyes:

User is offline   Mark 

In general, the textures are higher res in RR now than the other Build games. I don't know if upscaling is worth the effort. The next step up I think would be an actual HRP. But I know that many people react to the HRP like Dracula to a cross. :rolleyes:

At least 3 or 4 years ago I started my own HRP for RR. But I was caught up in too many other projects at the same time and put it aside after maybe a dozen textures and models. Just like the DN3D HRP, its a huge undertaking and I don't think there is enough love for the game to support the effort.

This post has been edited by Mark: 18 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postskitey, on 18 September 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

looking forward to some nice rescaled textures from Phredreeke, like the stuff from blood :rolleyes:

Posted Image

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostPhredreeke, on 18 September 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

Already under heavy work I see :rolleyes:

What is the latest official download for the BloodGDX highres release?

The latest versions are in this post. I should put together a page somewhere for it. https://forums.duke4...post__p__299888

(BTW, don't get too excited about upscale packs, right now I want to put together a decent set of skyboxes)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 18 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Some workout for support even the Redneck Deer Huntin' Spin-Off can be done?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostFantinaikos, on 19 September 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Some workout for support even the Redneck Deer Huntin' Spin-Off can be done?

I think no

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Sorry for my uninformed question, but what is this port based on? Reverse engineering as with Blood? Recreation by observation? Or was RR source code available all the while?

RR itself is based on Duke Nukem 3D. This port is made by reverse engineering the changes between Duke and RR.

One year ago Marphy Black released a mod that dampen the repetitivity of the Cuss Pack by 50% allowing to the old and new lines to be heard both, I personally tested and it works with RRGDX (unless it causes other compatibility bugs than the declared loss of DEMO sync). This can be somehow reinterpreted in Java language and integrated as a chechable option in next version?

A preview of my updated skyboxes

https://imgur.com/a/cOs5oV5

User is offline   Strogglet 

Hey, does anyone know how I can make "addons" like "Night of The Living Dead" from here http://www.jonhunt.com/redneck/ work?

View PostFantinaikos, on 22 September 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

One year ago Marphy Black released a mod that dampen the repetitivity of the Cuss Pack by 50% allowing to the old and new lines to be heard both, I personally tested and it works with RRGDX (unless it causes other compatibility bugs than the declared loss of DEMO sync). This can be somehow reinterpreted in Java language and integrated as a chechable option in next version?

How did you make that work? Did you put it on autoload or you simply extracted it into the game itself?

BloodGDX is able to load custom .GRP so, despite is preferable extract and rearrange the resources to make a specific version like many did, RRGDX may be able to do the same if the functionality is already implemented in the current version. Just put the .ZIP inside Autoload folder and select the custom content option in game menu.

As for the Cuss Pack mod I just copypasted the files, I don't think it can be readed by Autoload at the moment.

I don't think that functionality is implemented as I can't see it in the User Content or the "custom content" you refer to.

I tried the cusspack, putting it on the game's main folder itself, but it doesn't seem to work, the top bar text keeps saying "sound (xxx) is missing".

This post has been edited by Strogglet: 23 September 2018 - 05:55 AM

View PostStrogglet, on 23 September 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

I tried the cusspack, putting it on the game's main folder itself, but it doesn't seem to work, the top bar text keeps saying "sound (xxx) is missing".

Did you installed the Cuss Pack before apply the mod? It is a prerequisite.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 23 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

I think if you're gonna run addons like on Jon's page you're going to have to make a separate copy of the RedneckGDX folder, extract the contents of whatever GRP file the add-on uses there and rename the add-on's main CON file to GAME.CON (or possibly USER.CON)

View PostFantinaikos, on 23 September 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

Did you installed the Cuss Pack before apply the mod? It is a prerequisite.

Yes, or at the very least I'm sure I did, it's the GoG edition which came with the CussPack already if I remember right.

View PostPhredreeke, on 23 September 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

I think if you're gonna run addons like on Jon's page you're going to have to make a separate copy of the RedneckGDX folder, extract the contents of whatever GRP file the add-on uses there and rename the add-on's main CON file to GAME.CON (or possibly USER.CON)

Not complicated, but not exactly comfortable. I'll give it a try.

I just hope M210 can find a solution for better Route 66 support as well as make another port of Rides Again, this is yet another huge achievement by itself already though.

I have released a new version of my skybox set.

I have added a fuzz effect but skyboxes without the effect are also available in the same download. I have also included some skyboxes at a higher resolution (768x768 versus 512x512) though not all got that treatment as they didn't all benefit from it. No video yet, maybe I'll put up one later.

Also, I've made skyboxes for Redneck Rampage Rides Again, for when that game is supported by RedneckGDX.

Screenshots gallery https://imgur.com/a/3jCpDjs

Download link https://files.fm/f/s2pmmg6v

Edit: Maybe I should make a separate topic for these, M210 what do you think?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 25 September 2018 - 03:39 AM

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 September 2018 - 03:38 AM, said:

I have released a new version of my skybox set.

Thanks for you work!

User is offline   m210® 

Hi! I relased RedneckGDX v0.752 (27.09.2018)

1. Load Some VOC files crash fix
2. Quick_pee and "Yeehaa" button
3. Weapon low ammo change fix
4. Cheats
5. Green vixel shoot fix
6. OpenAL updated to 1.18.1

User is offline   Newken 

v0.752. User Content throws this error:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNewken, on 27 September 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

v0.752. User Content throws this error:

Yes, I forgot to delete temporaly code.
Redownload file again

User is offline   Newken 

RR doesn't work well because v0.752 will compile GAME66.CON if you start a level:

Compiling: game66.con.
Including: 'DEFS66.CON'.
Including: 'USER66.CON'.
Including: 'LEONARD.CON'.
Including: 'BILLY.CON'.
Including: 'HEN.CON'.
Including: 'COOT.CON'.
Including: 'GATOR66.CON'.
Including: 'COW.CON'.
Including: 'PIG66.CON'.
Including: 'MINION.CON'.
Including: 'HULK.CON'.
Including: 'TORNADO.CON'.
Including: 'SHERIFF.CON'.
Including: 'VIXEN.CON'.
Including: 'BUBBA66.CON'.
Including: 'DOG.CON'.
Including: 'CRICKETC.CON'.
Including: 'TURDBOSS.CON'.
Code Size:50048 bytes(2700 labels).
Enterlevel()

User is offline   m210® 

Check it again

User is offline   Tekedon 

When you try to tip the cows over it's bugged. I mean when pressing space on them repeatably they fall over in the original. Also crowbar weapon doesn't have any swinging sound.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options