Duke4.net Forums: Duke Music 3D Project - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Music 3D Project  "updating the old midi crap"

User is offline   XThX2 

I only used 3 soundfonts(percussion, and strings in one place) the rest was sampletank, sytrus, podfarm, and toxic biohazzard.

I'm considering dropping the project due to lack of interest here and on the 3DR forums.

You shouldn't have big expectations from 3D R forums anymore as there aren't many people visiting modifications anymore. Don't drop the project for the lack of interest, it can get the attention it deserved now, or in future :blink:

This post has been edited by XThX2: 27 August 2009 - 03:10 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postd3drocks, on Aug 27 2009, 01:02 AM, said:

well, your an idiot, cause my music pack IS the original midis, properly mastered, and arranged in a way that sounds good.
so how about you stay out of my threads, k? you've made a few attempts flame me already, in which moderators deleted your posts.
if you dont like it, go elsewhere. dont keep pushing your bullshit here.

Yes, I'm the idiot, and I know the difference between "your" and "you're." You miss the point completely. The tracks included in the HRP pack ARE the original midis rendered on the midi device they were composed for. Whether it "sounds good" or not is entirely your opinion. You really need to grow up, you act like a child. I also don't remember "attempting" to flame, because I don't attempt, I do it. I don't even remember such a thing, but I can bet you deserved it. Your attitude is self-righteous and stupid. You're not some all powerful being who can stop me from coming in your threads. This website is a free place, and I can go into any thread I please. Stop acting like a little kid who just realised the toys he's playing with aren't as cool as the other kid's.

User is offline   d3drocks 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Aug 27 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

You really need to grow up, you act like a child.

this, coming from the guy who replied to everything I said with "your [insert subject here] sucks ass"
seriously, your telling me to grow up?
fuck you.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm going to have to tell you to grow up too, and I think Captain Awesome is generally a troublemaker so it's not like I enjoy siding with him. There's just no need to start arguments by calling people idiots for no apparent reason. Capt. Awesome posted that the music in the HRP now is exactly as the soundtrack was supposed to sound, which is correct as it was rendered on the same hardware the tracks were composed on. I'm not really sure why the thread turned to you calling him an idiot after that.

Maybe you could clearly explain the problem you're having with Captain Awesome, or if not, apologize to anyone who wasted time reading the last half page of this thread.

Otherwise, as always, have civilized discussions or kindly fuck off! :blink:

User is offline   QuisEstRex 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Aug 28 2009, 12:23 AM, said:

Yes, I'm the idiot, and I know the difference between "your" and "you're." You miss the point completely. The tracks included in the HRP pack ARE the original midis rendered on the midi device they were composed for. Whether it "sounds good" or not is entirely your opinion. You really need to grow up, you act like a child. I also don't remember "attempting" to flame, because I don't attempt, I do it. I don't even remember such a thing, but I can bet you deserved it. Your attitude is self-righteous and stupid. You're not some all powerful being who can stop me from coming in your threads. This website is a free place, and I can go into any thread I please. Stop acting like a little kid who just realised the toys he's playing with aren't as cool as the other kid's.

that's like saying that the original low-res textures and sprites are better because their are the originals...
this is about improvement, not about a pure vanilla authentic to original port.

P.S: it's like this, any piece of music can be remastered, recorded or whatever, in contemporary music it's called a "cover", in pop (usually the mass produced variety, which shouldn't be confused with music) it's called "an original, written by..." and in classical music it's called an "adaptation";
For whatever you might wish to call it, the fact remains that the only rule is to keep true to most of the notation and maybe the arrangements, and even then most go less strict...
It's not like replacing the lead guitar with violins and the adding heart warming solos accompanied by Britney Spears and collogues; In this case, the notation and arrangements are kept in a very strict fashion, and are only updating and improving on some of the primitive synths that were used at the time.

Take classical music for instance, studio recording don't sound anything like live performances, let alone if instruments of the quality of time period, where the music was written, would have been used.
ever heard a bach piece played on a harpsichord ? pretty poor in comparison, if you ask me; and it's true to most of the classics, or did you think chopin was supposed to be played on cinema organ ?! sorry to disappoint, but he wrote and played for the piano, so all those fancy adaptation and orchestral arrangement are pretty much unfitting to your strict rules :blink:

This post has been edited by QuisEstRex: 30 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostQuisEstRex, on Aug 30 2009, 03:21 PM, said:

that's like saying that the original low-res textures and sprites are better because their are the originals...
this is about improvement, not about a pure vanilla authentic to original port.

P.S: it's like this, any piece of music can be remastered, recorded or whatever, in contemporary music it's called a "cover", in pop (usually the mass produced variety, which shouldn't be confused with music) it's called "an original, written by..." and in classical music it's called an "adaptation";
For whatever you might wish to call it, the fact remains that the only rule is to keep true to most of the notation and maybe the arrangements, and even then most go less strict...
It's not like replacing the lead guitar with violins and the adding heart warming solos accompanied by Britney Spears and collogues; In this case, the notation and arrangements are kept in a very strict fashion, and are only updating and improving on some of the primitive synths that were used at the time.

Take classical music for instance, studio recording don't sound anything like live performances, let alone if instruments of the quality of time period, where the music was written, would have been used.
ever heard a bach piece played on a harpsichord ? pretty poor in comparison, if you ask me; and it's true to most of the classics, or did you think chopin was supposed to be played on cinema organ ?! sorry to disappoint, but he wrote and played for the piano, so all those fancy adaptation and orchestral arrangement are pretty much unfitting to your strict rules :blink:

TL;DR. Of course the originals are better.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Aug 30 2009, 11:07 PM, said:

TL;DR. Of course the originals are better.

Ignoring the TLDR, you just admitted you're trolling since if you say that the originals graphics are better then the HRP you're either:
1. truly mean it and therefore shouldn't give a crap about some guy trying to improve yet another aspect of a game you consider better left untouched.
2. you're flat out lying, and thereby trolling.

and by the way, if a two paragraph, written in 10 minutes, comment on a forum is considered by your standard as too long, maybe you shouldn't... sorry, you probably gave up right about now...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Or option 3: You are an incredibly diluted individual.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Aug 31 2009, 03:43 AM, said:

Or option 3: You are an incredibly diluted individual.

what does "diluted individual" means ? I suppose I should be defensive since this is an obvious attempt at a clever insult, but you got me where it hurts, my curiosity and my vocabulary, indeed a geeky combo...

How is that even clever? 'Diluted' is a really simple concept! You should have taken the time to check a dictionary so you didn't sound stupid.

View PostColon Semicolon, on Sep 2 2009, 03:37 AM, said:

How is that even clever? 'Diluted' is a really simple concept! You should have taken the time to check a dictionary so you didn't sound stupid.

I'm guessing he meant "deluded individual", but the auto spell-check got it wrong.
I was actually trying to trap him into attempting to explain where my reasoning of his actions were faulty, but it seems he was smart enough not to bite, darn it :blink:

the worst thing is, that being a deluded individual means holding onto a belief that defies reasoning, which sadly means that, without him trying to explain where my analysis of his actions was incorrect, the definition may fit him.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No, I very well meant diluted, and its really a simple word. Google is your pal.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 2 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

No, I very well meant diluted, and its really a simple word. Google is your pal.

nope, still not getting it.

maybe if you draw a picture...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 03 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

I'm getting tired of seeing unread posts in this topic and ending up reading content that has zero relevance to Duke3D modifications. Please stop it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options