Duke4.net Forums: Duke Music 3D Project - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Music 3D Project  "updating the old midi crap"

User is offline   d3drocks 

a 2 set of grabbag updates are done.
Just dont want to host em with filesharing websites.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postd3drocks, on May 29 2009, 05:15 PM, said:

ok, that will be the first track I officially release. needs a tad of changing though.
I just wanna wait to see if duke4 will give me some hosting, so I dont have to abusese these file sending sites that no one likes in the first place.
if they choose not to host me, I'll go find a free hosting service.

I think they want a website design first so you actually have something tangible to add right away.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on May 30 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

I think they want a website design first so you actually have something tangible to add right away.

kk, guess I can do that.

project is on hold for a week or so so I can finish some school work. will be back on track after that though :)
here is 1 of the grabbags.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3jqcm4

mix is not final.

User is offline   PimpUigi 

Didn't the last music pack have high quality tracks???

I believe it was replaced with the current one, because the current one is simply what the music was intended to sound like.

User is offline   QuisEstRex 

View PostPimpUigi, on Jun 2 2009, 11:21 AM, said:

Didn't the last music pack have high quality tracks???

I believe it was replaced with the current one, because the current one is simply what the music was intended to sound like.

both were aimed at pure authenticity, so the latter won...
the current attempts are less strict with compliance

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 2 2009, 05:15 AM, said:

project is on hold for a week or so so I can finish some school work. will be back on track after that though :)
here is 1 of the grabbags.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3jqcm4

mix is not final.

the guitar is excellent, I love how you put some drums at different channels, I, unfortunately, can't do that since ezdrummer crashes on multiple instances... :D
p.s. did you discard one of the guitars ?

This post has been edited by QuisEstRex: 02 June 2009 - 09:05 AM

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 2 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

both were aimed at pure authenticity, so the latter won...
the current attempts are less strict with compliance

yes, you are right. I want it to sound GOOD, not EXACTLY LIKE BEFORE.
both cannot be met. this is music that I personally want to play duke with.

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 2 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

the guitar is excellent, I love how you put some drums at different channels, I, unfortunately, can't do that since ezdrummer crashes on multiple instances... :)
p.s. did you discard one of the guitars ?

I actually merged all the drums into 1 channel. I use a soundfont for percussion, which has carefully been pre-panned. as for guitar, thats synthisis for you :D
100% sytrus and podfarm.
how much did you get ezdrummer for btw? thats a plugin that I want, but cant justify the over the counter price currently (at long and mcquades that is)

edit: oh yeah, I did remove one of the guitars. it didnt fit in the mix at all.

This post has been edited by d3drocks: 02 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 2 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

yes, you are right. I want it to sound GOOD, not EXACTLY LIKE BEFORE.
both cannot be met. this is music that I personally want to play duke with.

I know how you feel, keeping to the original notation is really starting to bug me :(

I actually merged all the drums into 1 channel. I use a soundfont for percussion, which has carefully been pre-panned. as for guitar, thats synthisis for you :)
100% sytrus and podfarm.

the PRE-PANNING ! OF COURSE !!! theirs a build in mixer in ezdrummer... I'm such an idiot :D
& I knew that's your synth guitar, best synth guitar I've ever heard, how can't I not recognize it :D

how much did you get ezdrummer for btw? thats a plugin that I want, but cant justify the over the counter price currently (at long and mcquades that is)

edit: oh yeah, I did remove one of the guitars. it didnt fit in the mix at all.

I suggest you skip it and instead check out the new The Metal Foundry SDX™ I have no idea what it's going to cost, but I'm jealous at you already :D
p.s: damn it's expensive as hell (140EUR) and you'll need Superior Drummer too (230EUR) B) if it was only a standalone I could sell a kidney and live, now I'll have to sell an arm and a leg too :D

on the plus side I think I like the band Meshuggah, a lot :(

edit, about the price of EZdrummer, suffice to say the day after I bought it I was passing by a music store and I reconsidered buying a set of strings for my electric :-( on the up-side, it's wasn't as nearly as expensive as Superior Drummer let alone The Metal Foundry too :( and I suppose with my new EQ trick I'll be able to squeeze a little extra juice out of it...

This post has been edited by QuisEstRex: 02 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

duke music webpage now open: http://dukemusic3d.host56.com

(temporary link. I cant register a domain, as I have no money on paypal. Ide still like duke4.net hosting!!!)

This post has been edited by d3drocks: 03 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 3 2009, 10:33 PM, said:

duke music webpage now open: http://dukemusic3d.host56.com

(temporary link. I cant register a domain, as I have no money on paypal. Ide still like duke4.net hosting!!!)

you're site is under admin review...
I'm rooting for you with the whole duke4.net hosting dealings... good luck !

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 3 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

you're site is under admin review...
I'm rooting for you with the whole duke4.net hosting dealings... good luck !

ahh, thats cuase it was just uploaded.
will take a few days for them to approve it. its just a wordpress site.

and thanks, I hope they give me hosting here. I have very limited bandwith currently with that site.

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 3 2009, 11:28 PM, said:

ahh, thats cuase it was just uploaded.
will take a few days for them to approve it. its just a wordpress site.

and thanks, I hope they give me hosting here. I have very limited bandwith currently with that site.

if it doesn't work you should look at 50webs.com for a more permanent solution... they do however limit individual file size to 300kb with a max total of 60mb... but the bandwidth is unlimited so split them files up :)
the best thing about 50webs.com is the free FTP upload \ download...

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 4 2009, 06:18 AM, said:

if it doesn't work you should look at 50webs.com for a more permanent solution... they do however limit individual file size to 300kb with a max total of 60mb... but the bandwidth is unlimited so split them files up :)
the best thing about 50webs.com is the free FTP upload \ download...

well, my current host gives me 1.5 gb storage, and 100 gb transfer a month. If I pay for the service, they give me unlimited transfer each month and a domain name. the only problem is that I have not correctly set up my paypal right now, so I cant put money on paypal.

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 4 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

well, my current host gives me 1.5 gb storage, and 100 gb transfer a month. If I pay for the service, they give me unlimited transfer each month and a domain name. the only problem is that I have not correctly set up my paypal right now, so I cant put money on paypal.

it's up, congratulations !

and yeah, I think your host is much better considering all...

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 4 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

it's up, congratulations !

and yeah, I think your host is much better considering all...

heres a link. Stalker is now downloadible:
http://dukemusic3d.host56.com/

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

We could host that. Can you put up some more content regarding the existing Duke music packs?

View PostTX, on Jun 4 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

We could host that. Can you put up some more content regarding the existing Duke music packs?

there are examples all over this thread, and its just 1 pack (so far). these songs take quite a while to do (3-4 hours each), because I edit the midis to fit VST instruments, do a proper mix/master, then give it a few listens through to make sure that there arnt any extremely loud frequencies in the mix.

songs currently finished:
233C;
AhGeez;
Deathtoll;
Gotham;
Grabbag(2 versions of this one);
InHiding;
MissionImprobable:
PoB;
Snake;
Stalker;
Storm;
Streets;
WaterWorld;

as for hosting, now, Ide only really need file hosting (I dont want to take the chance that I will hit my 100 gb a month), and the subdomain for duke4 to redirect to my current site.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oh, that's not really compatible with our terms of service.

View PostTX, on Jun 4 2009, 06:55 PM, said:

Oh, that's not really compatible with our terms of service.

If you need me to move everything over then, I guess I could do that as well.
I actually (just now) ran into an issue with my host's php server, which isnt letting me do some very major functions with wordpress, so I am willing to move over.

This post has been edited by d3drocks: 04 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

It's not my style, but stalker sounds really good !

• The Sarien Encounter

Why wouldn't you want to move the entire site over, d3drocks? That's a heck of a lot better than keeping it where you are! Unless the tools to design and update your website are specific to that webhost....you should be writing HTML from scratch anyway! :)

I approve this project, the recent duke highres music 2.0 update i a DOWNGRADE for me. The 2.0 is the exaclty same thing of midi's tracks but whit better sound quality? Whats the point? 1.5 highres music is really different and rappresents the highres spirit (besided 1.5 contains the uncut and superstereo version of grabbag). the 2.0 is for the nostalgic, anyway the duke soundtracks is one of the badass soundtracks ever.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 06 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jun 6 2009, 12:07 PM, said:

Why wouldn't you want to move the entire site over, d3drocks? That's a heck of a lot better than keeping it where you are! Unless the tools to design and update your website are specific to that webhost....you should be writing HTML from scratch anyway! :D

I PM'd TX the other day. I cant log into the FTP server for my site, and its really driving me nuts. I definately am willing to move EVERYTHING over now. Im just awaiting a response :)

the webhost I had (now I'm willing to use duke4.net hosting) has gotten in contact with me, and has fixed FTP access, but there is another issue they cannot help me with. this is server side for them. the php software they have isnt letting me upload files over 1.5 mb, meaning there is no way in hell I can use there service.
I'm still waiting for TX's response.

View Postd3drocks, on Jun 9 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

the webhost I had (now I'm willing to use duke4.net hosting) has gotten in contact with me, and has fixed FTP access, but there is another issue they cannot help me with. this is server side for them. the php software they have isnt letting me upload files over 1.5 mb, meaning there is no way in hell I can use there service.
I'm still waiting for TX's response.

that's too bad, still, 1.5mb over 300kb sounds damn good to me :)
have you considered splitting your files ? 7z is free and open so no reason not to use it...

This post has been edited by QuisEstRex: 10 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

View PostQuisEstRex, on Jun 10 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

that's too bad, still, 1.5mb over 300kb sounds damn good to me :)
have you considered splitting your files ? 7z is free and open so no reason not to use it...

the pack is already 75.8 mb. i dont wanna split it so many times.

User is offline   mudrain911 

hey d3drocks let me know when you get the hosting with duke4.net so i can start work on ur site...

View Postmudrain911, on Jun 11 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

hey d3drocks let me know when you get the hosting with duke4.net so i can start work on ur site...

for sure.
thanks again for this help man, I REALLY appreciate it. :)

oh yes!
here is the full release of WaterWorld.
its been a while since ive been showing off my progress, so I figured Ide give out a full song :D
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zdlpg9

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostFantinaikos, on Jun 6 2009, 11:44 AM, said:

I approve this project, the recent duke highres music 2.0 update i a DOWNGRADE for me. The 2.0 is the exaclty same thing of midi's tracks but whit better sound quality? Whats the point? 1.5 highres music is really different and rappresents the highres spirit (besided 1.5 contains the uncut and superstereo version of grabbag). the 2.0 is for the nostalgic, anyway the duke soundtracks is one of the badass soundtracks ever.

The point was to release a music pack so you could hear the best of what you could possibly hear from DOS Duke3D back in 1996. It's NOT exactly the same as Windows MIDI, even though it's similar. The Duke3D soundtrack was actually composed to sound best from the Roland SC-55. It's a music pack for purists and nostalgists. If you don't like it, don't use it. I personally think it's a lot better than Mark McWane's music pack, though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

The idea of HRP of Hires Music is to create high quality content or music that is very close to the original.

Thus the SC-55 music by MusicallyInspired is highly approved as it does this thing. It's high quality and very very close to the original music.

The whole idea is to reproduce high quality identical (as close as it can be) replacements of the original Duke3D art/sound/music.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 12 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options