Duke4.net Forums: Is George Broussard acting stupid or what? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is George Broussard acting stupid or what?

User is offline   Redcard 

View Postmegamustaine, on May 26 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

http://www.barakastudios.com/isaac.htm

"that WILL culminate into Duke Nukem Forever finally seeing the store shelves."

It also says he works there still.

(-Present)

Maybe he thought when he wrote that resume on his vanity page that things were still going to be completed. I suspect when he updates it, it'll say the project was canceled and he no longer works for 3DR.

Lots of people say things like that in their resume.. especially if on hire they are told that's what they'd be doing. Doesn't make it true, sadly.

View PostX-Vector, on May 26 2009, 07:05 AM, said:

Does that mean you're with Scott Alden on this one (i.e. it all went haywire post-2001)?

It's more about the fact that that would have meant I could have been on the ground floor of helping build the company/franchise.

I must say that I'm still a bit disappointed that things didn't work out with Aliens: CM.
There's just so much potential in an Aliens game that it could have been one of the most tense experiences ever and it would somehow have been cool to 'know' someone who worked on it.

Me too... I think you'll still see it though.

CoD really doesn't do much for me unfortunately, at first glance it just looks like yet another semi-realistic war FPS, high production values and lots of stuff blowing up notwithstanding.
I can see though why you made the move; a steady paycheck is a great stress reliever especially in these times and the fortune, fame and nookie associated with being part of the upcoming biggest selling game ever probably don't hurt either.

Thankfully I've managed to build up enough of a network that I've never been *too* worried about a steady paycheck... and I've been smart enough with my finances to be able to live for quite a while on savings. I need to do even better though.

Up until CoD4 I never really thought about coming here, but CoD4 floored me with the quality of execution and the commitment to fun over actual realism. I'd say CoD4 is one of the least realistic military shooters, even though it uses all realistic elements. It just oozed quality though, so I felt very fortunate to be given an offer. There are only two other FPS companies that I'd *really* want to work for.

View Postmegamustaine, on May 26 2009, 10:26 AM, said:

http://www.barakastudios.com/isaac.htm

"that WILL culminate into Duke Nukem Forever finally seeing the store shelves."

He just hasn't updated it.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

There are only two other FPS companies that I'd *really* want to work for.

I'd be surprised if one of them isn't situated somewhere in Washington State.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Valve yup, and id Software?

User is offline   Shax 

Why isn't George twittering about finding a new job?! I know 3D Realms is still open but good God what are they doing for money? How will he pay his attorney fees? :) I'm not saying I believe in the whole conspiracy thing but for years I've wondered where 3DR got the money to support themselves. I know they sold the rights to Max Payne but was it enough to live off of for years?

This post has been edited by Shax: 26 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

I actually doubt George is doing too bad money wise. I would assume that Scott is also helping out with paying for the court costs and attorney fees.

View PostShax, on May 26 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

Why isn't George twittering about finding a new job?! I know 3D Realms is still open but good God what are they doing for money?

He's a professional gamer.

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 11:44 AM, said:

He just hasn't updated it.

Figure he would, looking for a job and all. :)

View Postmegamustaine, on May 26 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

Figure he would, looking for a job and all. :)

He likely has a separate file for his Resume that he mails out to others.

Usually the primary concern is to get your main resume updated, and get it circulating. The vanity site usually gets done last.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

When Kaiser_Soze says there is no conspiracy, it's time to give up.

User is offline   EviL AnGeL 

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

Up until CoD4 I never really thought about coming here, but CoD4 floored me with the quality of execution and the commitment to fun over actual realism. I'd say CoD4 is one of the least realistic military shooters, even though it uses all realistic elements.

Infinite respawns killed it for me. It took a couple of levels before I actually noticed. I kept getting killed at a certain point and thought I'd cover and shoot to pick everybody off before moving forward. 15 minutes later I thought I was playing duck hunt.

Have to say I loved the MP though.

View PostEviL AnGeL, on May 26 2009, 04:21 PM, said:

Infinite respawns killed it for me. It took a couple of levels before I actually noticed. I kept getting killed at a certain point and thought I'd cover and shoot to pick everybody off before moving forward. 15 minutes later I thought I was playing duck hunt.

Have to say I loved the MP though.

Ironically, that's what did it for me , too.

I hope they fixed that. At a guess, they wanted to get it in there using AI and a set number of baddies.. and then time constraints came in, and it just became easier and easier to cut the feature out and replace it with the infinite checkpoint respawning.

User is offline   EvanAzzo 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on May 26 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

When Kaiser_Soze says there is no conspiracy, it's time to give up.

Yeah. So about that underwear...is he gonna eat it yet? :)

User is offline   Omega037 

View PostEvanAzzo, on May 26 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

Yeah. So about that underwear...is he gonna eat it yet? :)

Wait until he has recovered from the loss. He seems to have already moved through the five steps from denial to his current one, depression. It won't be too long now. God, wouldn't it be amazing to have him fed it by a grinning Kevin Spacey in the E3 showroom?

View PostEviL AnGeL, on May 27 2009, 01:21 AM, said:

Yeah, that's what happened to me in the demo.
It was at the point where you have to go grab the Javelin; I figured that it would be wise to eliminate any resistance first and it took me a bit before realising that this wasn't the way I was supposed to go forward.
It's this "the world waits for you to make your move" aspect that makes playing feel like a chore rather than fun exploration.
To me it's a prime example of developer rather than player driven design and it's something that I've come to resent in more recent games.

User is offline   leilei 

He's probably curious on how Fallout 3 handled nuclear explosions and weapons.

Remember, similarily there was *everything* played at the id Software offices. They "slacked" too.

User is offline   ShXIII 

change your thread title from:
"Is George Broussard acting stupid or what?"
to: "George Broussard is stupid"

that makes a lot more sense

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

I personally dont know Gorge, but I somehow doubt you can call him stupid for playing Fallout 3 and posting Duke 3D XLBA codes in his spare time he has on its weekends. :)

User is offline   N64 

View PostShXIII, on May 27 2009, 09:10 AM, said:

to: "George Broussard is stupid"

:)

User is offline   Jinroh 

Well as for George's Financial situation he's buying toilet paper from Amazon with Free Shipping...=_= That's according to his latest tweet.

I'm mean, I know he's *ahem* not exactly phsyically fit, but I mean is he so depressed/lazy that he doesn't want to leave the house or just doesn't wanna waste the gas to goto the dollar store?

At least he's got Fallout 3.

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

toilet paper from Amazon......

User is offline   motionblur 

View PostWieder, on May 25 2009, 08:25 PM, said:

There is something wrong with you guys.

Took you long to find out. And now imagine reading all that as your job, like Joe did for years. :)

(no offence - I still love you guys :D )

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostShXIII, on May 27 2009, 01:10 PM, said:

to: "Shitfest posters who compensate for their small penis say a man who has made many more video games than they could ever dream to make is stupid"

fixed.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If I had a lot of looney 'fans' (read: "I'm your number one fan") loitering outside my place of business, counting the cars in my car park, I'd get free shipping from amazon on just about everything.

View PostTea Monster, on May 28 2009, 02:50 PM, said:

If I had a lot of looney 'fans' (read: "I'm your number one fan") loitering outside my place of business, counting the cars in my car park, I'd get free shipping from amazon on just about everything.

True story... I had two custom license plate brackets made for my truck that were DNF themed. I put one on, it was stolen a couple months later. Put the other on, stolen a few days later. Each time the person was very respectful and put the actual license plate back on the vehicle (sorta), but they wanted their souvenir. :)

Naah man, he IS playing stupid.
He posted again on his blog, more nonsense...

"I ordered paper towels and toilet paper from Amazon via Amazon Prime. Free shipping. Damn, I almost don't need to leaver the house again."

"Having a new garage door installed. One man installation. He makes it look easy. Bet he can't build a PC though!"

This is clearly sarcasm that you find in cheap teen comedy movies.
He is dissing his followers, I am sure of it.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostWieder, on May 28 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

True story... I had two custom license plate brackets made for my truck that were DNF themed. I put one on, it was stolen a couple months later. Put the other on, stolen a few days later. Each time the person was very respectful and put the actual license plate back on the vehicle (sorta), but they wanted their souvenir. :)

So they were watching your truck for DNF plates - thats creepy. Its the respectful bit thats really creepy.

User is offline   Ras 

View PostTea Monster, on May 28 2009, 02:50 PM, said:

I've explained this time and again, but I guess I'll have to run through it one more time. I've lived in the area longer than there's been an Apogee or 3DR. I pass that way every day and have since it was a lawyers' office. I paid 3DR no mind for the six years they've been there, but when the closure came up suddenly, people wondered if operations had ceased immediately or if there was any activity. I was able to answer that, yes, there was activity. Since I am not a "looney fan," Annie Wilkes-style stalker, all I was able to tell them was that, no, the building wasn't deserted. There were X amount of cars there. What they were doing there was their business. Enough people expressed interest that I gave them a report several days in a row. Enough people complained that I stopped.

I like you, Tea Monster. You do good work on the HRP and we've exchanged brief, friendly posts in the past. To that end, I was going to lighten this up with a self-effacing joke, but I'm tired of the whole thing. I'm sorry if you think less of me for glancing over and saying, "Yep, there are some cars there today," but since I haven't even mentioned it here in about two weeks, I'm not the one keeping it alive. I don't even read here that often since things have settled down and no new news is forthcoming, so I don't know if this is an ongoing outrage or what. If so, I'm sorry to hear it. I tried to stop it with my last message on the subject.

Don't sweat it Ras... you weren't doing anything untoward. Unless it was yooooouuu who took my license plate brackets.

Hmmmm.... :)

:D

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

View PostWieder, on May 28 2009, 07:10 PM, said:

Don't sweat it Ras... you weren't doing anything untoward. Unless it was yooooouuu who took my license plate brackets.

Hmmmm.... :)

:D

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8wHlqdseyAY

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options