Duke4.net Forums: Is George Broussard acting stupid or what? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is George Broussard acting stupid or what?

I just noticed that 22 hours ago he has twittered and boy is he acting up like nothing happened at all!
He even has the guts to say he is playing fallout 3 :P
Am I wrong to think he is either playing stupid or he is trying to hint something when he is saying "Both codes are gone. Better luck next time. Going to play some Fallout 3 now."
Could he be referring to the DNF codes like the 2001 one and the current one?
I think that would be paranoia to think he didn't refer to the xbl dn3d codes but what the hell "better luck next time" "going to play some fallout 3"
This sounds like arrogance in the middle of a fight, to me.

- Hey look at me, I am against impossible odds, what should I do now, admit defeat? Chicken out, brag? No I will do what every "normal" human would do in this situation! I am going to play fallout 3... Pfff my brain stops.
Is this 100% disrespect towards his fans, is this a way to calm people showing that he is calm and so should they?
I am trying to understand why this is happening.
I am expecting a guy in his position with so much stuff going in his company and in his fanbase, to either say something about it, completely shut up forever or simply avoid saying that he is playing games while people are boiling in their own juices, bored with waiting and with disappointment...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

User is offline   N64 

George playing with his employees in Xbox360.
My idea:
Duke Nukem Forever is done. The game is done and the work is done.
1) http://madmanmarkskelton.blogspot.com/
2)Tramell Isaac "The end is the beginning" and "3DR=awesome"
3)the donation of Joe is for only for hes sites "Like this site? Please donate It's totally optional. But if you find worth, anything you can send will be cool. Danke! " http://www.rangerfans.com/
4)2009_DNF_World_Chart.xls at the date 2008
5) http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/695479/I...city-Stunt.html
6)the leaked story is fake
7)Tramell Isaac: 2006-Present 3D Realms Entertainment

• Duke Nukem Forever: Art Director; responsible for hiring, training and overseeing 11 full time artists. During my time on DNF I’ve directed and arranged motion capture shoots, worked with outside contractors for concepts, and arranged photo shoots with photographers. I provided the kind of leadership that was needed to help bring about a change in attitude, structure and production that will culminate into Duke Nukem Forever finally seeing the store shelves. My job duties also include modeling (Max and Z-brush), texturing, lighting inside of a highly modified Unreal engine, animation/mo-cap clean up, scheduling, and asset verification, asset tracking and management. As Art Director I am responsible for the well being of the art team, the overall look of the game and the completion of all art and animation assets. (X360/ PC)
http://www.barakastudios.com/isaac.htm

8)ecc..

I wait for E3 :P

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postangelo86, on May 25 2009, 06:06 PM, said:

Me too am waiting for E3, if DNF does not appear there, then something terribly wrong happened.

Time will say, until then I'll remain silent.

View Postangelo86, on May 25 2009, 09:06 AM, said:

George playing with his employees in Xbox360.
My idea:
Duke Nukem Forever is done. The game is done and the work is done.
1) http://madmanmarkskelton.blogspot.com/
2)Tramell Isaac "The end is the beginning" and "3DR=awesome"
3)the donation of Joe is for only for hes sites "Like this site? Please donate It's totally optional. But if you find worth, anything you can send will be cool. Danke! " http://www.rangerfans.com/
4)2009_DNF_World_Chart.xls at the date 2008
5) http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/695479/I...city-Stunt.html
6)the leaked story is fake
7)Tramell Isaac: 2006-Present 3D Realms Entertainment

• Duke Nukem Forever: Art Director; responsible for hiring, training and overseeing 11 full time artists. During my time on DNF I’ve directed and arranged motion capture shoots, worked with outside contractors for concepts, and arranged photo shoots with photographers. I provided the kind of leadership that was needed to help bring about a change in attitude, structure and production that will culminate into Duke Nukem Forever finally seeing the store shelves. My job duties also include modeling (Max and Z-brush), texturing, lighting inside of a highly modified Unreal engine, animation/mo-cap clean up, scheduling, and asset verification, asset tracking and management. As Art Director I am responsible for the well being of the art team, the overall look of the game and the completion of all art and animation assets. (X360/ PC)

8)ecc..

Dude I can't believe there can be SO MANY coincidences at once.
But what about the trial and shit?
I mean, Maybe George saw through the finishing of DNF and Scott got implicated with the trial???
Something like...
Scott: I will deal with Take-Two to get them off our backs so we can sell DNF over steam and get full money and not share them with those assholes that never moved a finger to help us!
George: Yeah man, fuck them why should we share profits with those mother fuckers that never helped us and always rushed us, after 12 years of waiting everybody will buy this game, even non duke nukem fans! Agreed this is the best idea, I will stick with the DNF completion so we can show some shit to E3 so we don't get vaporware awards again and you go kick those mother fucker's asses!

Week later
Scott: Man this is fucked up, I figured up a way to get this show started wit Take-Two but we are going to fire everybody in order to succeed :\
George: Don't worry man, they are done anyway, we will write them some recommandations and they will go away happy. After this shit we might either ask some of them to come back and we can hire new guy's also to give others a chance and refresh this joint, maybe we will make some more sequels to Duke or to other older cool games. With this chance we can kick that leech Joe also and get rid of money leeches that don't do anything.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

There is something wrong with you guys.

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Doesn't sound like George and Scott at all. Looking forward and relying on E3? lol what a joke. Firing employees and asking to start some shit with Take 2.. just so they can have the steam profits? I doubt the so called "increased" profit from only distributing online would even make up the lawsuit costs. Releasing both through Take2 and online distribution is the profitable way to go.

What a fuckload of shitpaste.

George is playing games because he can. When your up shit creek, you want to get your mind off of it. Even if its only for an hour or two. You need to find a way to relax and calm down. That's what games are for. There's no hidden DNF meaning behind his latest twitters. The codes refer to Duke3d.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

View PostWieder, on May 25 2009, 11:25 AM, said:

Indeed. :)

View PostRamen4ever, on May 25 2009, 10:28 AM, said:

Doesn't sound like George and Scott at all. Looking forward and relying on E3? lol what a joke. Firing employees and asking to start some shit with Take 2.. just so they can have the steam profits? I doubt the so called "increased" profit from only distributing online would even make up the lawsuit costs. Releasing both through Take2 and online distribution is the profitable way to go.

What a fuckload of shitpaste.

George is playing games because he can. When your up shit creek, you want to get your mind off of it. Even if its only for an hour or two. You need to find a way to relax and calm down. That's what games are for. There's no hidden DNF meaning behind his latest twitters. The codes refer to Duke3d.

Now I am more sure than ever that DNF will get out at E3!!!
Oh man, I can barely wait to play it.
I am going tomorrow to buy me a new chair to better enjoy the Dnf experience that will be bestowed upon me!

View PostMr.Deviance, on May 25 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

Now I am more sure than ever that DNF will get out at E3!!!
Oh man, I can barely wait to play it.
I am going tomorrow to buy me a new chair to better enjoy the Dnf experience that will be bestowed upon me!

I recommend the one with the soda holder. Those are dope. :)

User is offline   Lead 

Too many goddamn retarded 12 year olds.

Assholes need to go back to writing Naruto fanfics, because the George Broussard ones are getting old..

User is offline   dalbrech 

God, some of the people here are a prime example of why gamers have such a bad reputation on the net for sheer stupidity.
This whole "it Is all a huge publicity stunt" or"this is a clever business manuver" stuff has reached the point where you have question the grip on reality of those who still hold this ideas.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

*facepalm*

User is offline   EvanAzzo 

You people read into shit way to much.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostWieder, on May 25 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

I was in denial for a long time over this.

I doubt this game in it's current form will ever see the light of day. It's a fucking shame.

This is no publicity stunt or "conspiracy theory". Anyone thinking there will be any "news" on the game at E3 is fooling themselves.

Even if the damn stars align and George somehow finds funding for the game to "finish it", it's now probably gonna take another 1-2 years *minimum*
to get to that point.

This is why I haven't been posting much anymore. I'm just really bummed out. Then knowing Aliens: Colonial Marines may never make it out....
:D :) :D

At least you'll be at a company now Charlie where you'll be able to celebrate a release. MC 2 looks killer. :D

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 25 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   hornoxe 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 25 2009, 10:46 PM, said:

Then knowing Aliens: Colonial Marines may never make it out....

argh, I had just comfortably managed to surpress that event. That one really made me angry. I've been dreaming about a pure (based on the movie) Aliens game for like 15+ years, that lousy AvP mismatch just doesn't cut it for me, then they go cancelling (for all intents and purposes it's cancelled) it and to rub it in by announcing yet another damn AvP.

• The Sarien Encounter

What is it about good games getting canceled left and right and bad games dominating the market?

I'm just hoping for another video game market crash so that the whole scene can be reborn anew again. Without non-developer businessmen in control, DRM lawyers suing anybody who even attempts to buy a blank CD-R/DVD-R to back up a game for personal use, or game publishers who'll sue game developers for not delivering a product.

The video game scene was better when it wasn't equal in scale to the Hollywood scene.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

On the bright side we can save money by not upgrading for shitty games. :)

• The Sarien Encounter

Good point! Though, I've already been doing this...

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Get a 360 or ps3 if you haven't already for games, saves money.

For the OP - I think its George playing with our minds. When he wrote that about the codes, alarm bells would have rang in his head (if it indeed was by accident) that it sounded like it could be taken to mean the DNF codes (PC & 360) and he presumably would have changed it, if this was not so, to avoid unnecessary speculation.

George might just be wanting to spice the forums up to give him something to read (sarcasm).

• The Sarien Encounter

They were obviously the Duke3D codes. His two previous Twitters were Duke3D codes. His latest was about those two he just Twitted. 2 + 2.

User is offline   zwieback 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on May 25 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

They were obviously the Duke3D codes. His two previous Twitters were Duke3D codes. His latest was about those two he just Twitted. 2 + 2.

yes.. i don't know how people everytime read something different in georges posts.

guys, please accept it. it's over. sad, but true. It would be the worst hoax in history of mankind.Even if george would be an asshole, he wouldn't do that.

This post has been edited by zwieback: 25 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

It would be great if George could somehow pull off some kind of deal to get production going again. I coudn't honestly tell you if that idea has any chance of actually succeding or not though.

Has anyone suggested that George buy a private plane? He could use it to smuggle coke into the country to raise money for DNF. That way, one or two of the posters on this thread, who seem to toot an awful lot of the stuff from looking at thier posts, could help bankroll the game! :)

User is offline   Lead 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 25 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

At least you'll be at a company now Charlie where you'll be able to celebrate a release. MC 2 looks killer. :D

Actually come to think of it, when was the last time Charlie got to work somewhere and release a project? :)

View PostWieder, on May 25 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with us. Yeah more than likely production is at a standstill right now, but without any real evidence there is still a chance this is a marketing stunt. The T2 lawsuit doesn't prove anything, because if T2 is in on the marketing they could definitely sue 3DR with no real intention of following through. Sure they probably aren't and the suit is probably real, but it is a strange coincidence that the last day of E3 just so happens to be date of the initial hearing, June 4th.

Regardless of all of this, there is still hope the game will hit store shelves. The game's art director Isaac Trammel seems to think the game will and until 3DR updates their game page saying DNF is cancelled, I have no reason to believe the game will not be finished.

View PostLead, on May 25 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Actually come to think of it, when was the last time Charlie got to work somewhere and release a project? :)

Yeah.

Thankfully the effort between now and then has not been entirely wasted, but my decision to jump to IW should make a lot of sense in that context. They've shipped every two years like clockwork and each one has been better than the last.

Glad Kaiser liked the trailer, I hope to finally do him, and the rest of you proud, with work that you actually get to play and puts a smile on your face outside of trailers and teasers.

IW is fantastic, I can't possibly say enough good about the sort of development environment they've built here. My only regret is I didn't jump here sooner (2001 or so).

Edit: The Duke 3d and Shadow Warrior source code releases were also done while at 3DR, and for me personally justified my entire time there. Those two things made everything else worth it. I'm glad the community has gotten so much enjoyment out of the things that have come from that. That's exactly why it was done. :D

This post has been edited by Wieder: 25 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

View Postmegamustaine, on May 26 2009, 06:08 AM, said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with us.

The game's art director Isaac Trammel seems to think the game will and until 3DR updates their game page saying DNF is cancelled, I have no reason to believe the game will not be finished.

Can I please have the source for that?

I don't think its a publicity stunt, I just don't beleive that DNF will be canned or delayed significantly. Remember George posting on twitter saying something like - Off to take 2 to show them the game. If we crash, expect a slight delay on the game. An interview with the head of Take Two responded that George had not visited them to show the game as the main reason for the visit. I believe this visit was to gain extra funding and George was given the impression that if they hit the coming prior arranged milestone, that the sought funding would be provided, hence the BBQ.

User is offline   Redcard 

As someone who has been sued (Not fun.. and won it..) I can speak from a level of pitiful experience.

George is likely already going to face being called into court and forced to explain his statements he's made regarding Take2 in the past. Any lies that show up in his press releases will be called out on the stand, and will show him to be more and more deceitful and vindictive. He's already made it clear he doesn't care for Take2 (while simultaneously, apparently, asking them for money.)

His lawyers have likely gotten ahold of him and told him to STFU regarding the case, Take2, and DNF. Anything he says can potentially jeopardize his case.

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostWieder, on May 26 2009, 07:28 AM, said:

My only regret is I didn't jump here sooner (2001 or so).

Does that mean you're with Scott Alden on this one (i.e. it all went haywire post-2001)?

I must say that I'm still a bit disappointed that things didn't work out with Aliens: CM.
There's just so much potential in an Aliens game that it could have been one of the most tense experiences ever and it would somehow have been cool to 'know' someone who worked on it.
CoD really doesn't do much for me unfortunately, at first glance it just looks like yet another semi-realistic war FPS, high production values and lots of stuff blowing up notwithstanding.
I can see though why you made the move; a steady paycheck is a great stress reliever especially in these times and the fortune, fame and nookie associated with being part of the upcoming biggest selling game ever probably don't hurt either.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

The two "codes" are the previous twitter posts. Said "codes" are Duke 3D XBLA game codes.*

He probably can't talk about anything so he isn't talking about anything. Can't blame him. Besides, what is he supposed to do? He has no company anymore so he has time to play Fallout 3 (which sucks).

You guys need to get your heads examined.

*READ THE WHOLE FUCKING THING!! NOT JUST WHAT YOU WANT TO READ SO YOU CAN GET A RISE OUT OF SOME POSSIBLE MINDLESS CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

View PostSinisterambo, on May 26 2009, 02:38 AM, said:

Can I please have the source for that?

I don't think its a publicity stunt, I just don't beleive that DNF will be canned or delayed significantly. Remember George posting on twitter saying something like - Off to take 2 to show them the game. If we crash, expect a slight delay on the game. An interview with the head of Take Two responded that George had not visited them to show the game as the main reason for the visit. I believe this visit was to gain extra funding and George was given the impression that if they hit the coming prior arranged milestone, that the sought funding would be provided, hence the BBQ.

"that WILL culminate into Duke Nukem Forever finally seeing the store shelves."

This post has been edited by megamustaine: 26 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options