Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 crashes if HRP model skin not available - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 crashes if HRP model skin not available

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

If a defined *.md3 file isn't found, EDuke32 uses the duke3d.grp ART instead. Good.
If the *.md3 is present, but one or more of its skins are missing, EDuke32 complains while parsing the DEFs. But later on it tries to load that model nevertheless and crashes. Bad.
(Therefore the Attrition mod can't be played with current Polymost HRP versions greater than 5.1.302 for example, except in conjunction with the Z-Pack.)
So please make EDuke32 use the ART in the latter case, too.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by LeoD: 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

User is offline   Mark 

When that crash happened to me recently I was worried my map had been corrupted. Turns out it was just a mis-spelled skin filename.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posting here as note to self.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

r3164:

Address crash when model skins have invalid file names. Affected surfaces will not be drawn, but FPS will plummet as mdloadskin() is called repeatedly. A more optimal solution would either flag the surface as invalid (so the renderers skip it) or reject the entire model when defs are loaded.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options