• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostFox, on 27 January 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

You should be able to see the rest of the barrels from the front view. That's how it is from first person view and also in Heavy Weapons Dude sprites.

That has already been changed.

User is offline   Mack 

Fantastic updates to everyone involved. Those pipes look great.

What's next, voxel textures? :D

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMack, on 27 January 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

What's next, voxel textures? :D

If this is a joke, lol. If not, ಠ_ಠ

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

HRP has bumpmap textures, so why not have voxbump textures. :D
ಠ_ಠ

• Weaponized Autism

The details on a texture are too fine to be adequately represented by one-cube thick hills and valleys. If you look closely at the classic renderer, it actually renders little squares for each cube of the voxel, and that may look weird on a texture. Polymost would render them as proper cubes though.

Well, what do you guys think about the Shrink Ray crystal? Keep in mind that it glows so some of the colors get messed up.
Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is it possible to make it transparent? It would deviate from the original, but it would look a lot more like a 'proper' crystal.

View PostMicky C, on 28 January 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Is it possible to make it transparent? It would deviate from the original, but it would look a lot more like a 'proper' crystal.

You can't do transparency with voxels, so no.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 28 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCody, on 28 January 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

ಠ_ಠ

Next stop, the Framerate Trenches!

Framerate Trenches? I thought those were already possible, I've made loads of those - hey, I was ahead of my time, just like all the great people, I didn't even know. :D

Those crystals look OK to me, I can tell that they aren't part of the scenery, but they don't stand out to the point that they are unfitting.

• Weaponized Autism

The crystals are probably the hardest thing for you to pull off, so good job relatively speaking.

User is offline   Mateos 

No transparency, but is it possible to add glowing to voxels?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Is it possible to make voxels with higher resolutions than this? I don't mean for 'modern' engines that use them, but for the ones that are going into EDuke.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 29 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostMateos, on 29 January 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

No transparency, but is it possible to add glowing to voxels?

The crystal does glow. I said that in the post about the crystal.

View PostTea Monster, on 29 January 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Is it possible to make voxels with higher resolutions than this? I don't mean for 'modern' engines that use them, but for the ones that are going into EDuke.

Yeah, you can make voxels in a much high resolutions than this. Eduke32 runs the higher resolution voxels just fine.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The pipebombs are sexy! The crystal could maybe use some improvement, but I can't really offer any criticism. That's a toughie, but I will say that it's good enough as is, and convincing. From the 'front' angle it should look just fine.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Once you have a pack to download, be sure to PM me so I can upload it to HRP mirror and place it on the HRP site. This is stuff people will be interested in. In Doom, I am actually preferring the voxel pack over the models (they look total crap, not like the original sprites at all - the ones for Duke3D are worlds better than those!).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 31 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostNightFright, on 31 January 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Once you have a pack to download, be sure to PM me so I can upload it to HRP mirror and place it on the HRP site. This is stuff people will be interested in. In Doom, I am actually preferring the voxel pack over the models (they look total crap, not like the original sprites at all - the ones for Duke3D are worlds better than those!).

Will do. :D

Hey, does anyone know how the devastator is connected in the middle?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This is what the action figure's version looked like:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wolfe: 02 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostCody, on 28 January 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image
Some of the other guys tried that out with the Doom voxel pack. :D

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostReaperMan, on 03 February 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Posted Image
Some of the other guys tried that out with the Doom voxel pack. :D

Hate to say it, but that looks very unattractive when legacy graphics are thrown into the mix.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think it looks pretty cool. Not sure how practical it would be, or if it'd always look great, but it's a neat idea.

View PostWolfe, on 03 February 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I think it looks pretty cool. Not sure how practical it would be, or if it'd always look great, but it's a neat idea.

I heard it lags quite a bit, but then again i never got to try it out so i wouldn't know for sure.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think in that case, it would make more sense to create normalmaps for the original (legacy) textures rather than trying to voxelize surfaces. It's OK to create voxels for some wall-aligned sprites, mostly switches, but I think you don't need it everywhere (and I doubt ports can handle it). Over at Doom, they are currently trying to make voxel monsters. That will be interesting to see (also since it's at least as much work as to create highres sprites)...

I remember some complaints about how the switches didn't stick out enough so i made the new ones more noticeable. I made them 3 voxels thick at the base just like the ones in SW.

Posted Image

• Glory To Motherland!

Nice. I've always liked the voxel design of the Shadow Warrior switches. It'd be cool to have that replicated in Duke Nukem 3D.

Posted Image
Devastator is done, so expect a new download for the voxel pack as soon as NightFright is done updating the maphacks. :D

I am having orgasms right now.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Quite impressive. The sprites never gives us an idea of how huge the Devastator is.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That is so arousing.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options