Duke4.net Forums: Installation Guide for Official Add-ons - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons  "Answers to all your expansion pack-related questions!"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Installation Guide for Official Add-ons on the EDukeWiki

Ask any questions you have in this thread.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 14 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's fairly awesome. But frankly, I think all those add-ons should be free now and should be made available as grp files.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDeeperThought, on May 5 2010, 04:41 PM, said:

It's fairly awesome. But frankly, I think all those add-ons should be free now and should be made available as grp files.

Well, it would be good to have it stickyed so that it should (although it probably wont) stop the 100's of threads being made on how to run them.

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostDeeperThought, on May 5 2010, 12:41 AM, said:

I do have all of these in grp format including duke zones 1&2 and Xtreme with simple bat files. It would be nice to hand out my pack like free candy but thats piracy :P
But in Xtreme i can never get the new art to show (cobra and ape enemies) in eduke.

User is offline   Lunick 

I think for xtreme you need special con files and set it up properly, you could pm me for that I think

• Weaponized Autism

I have Duke!ZONE 2 and Xtreme, so I will work on the guide for those soon.

I'm in communication over a freeware release of NW, Deadly Kiss for SW, and possibly Duke!ZONE/2.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHendricks266, on May 5 2010, 11:30 PM, said:

I have Duke!ZONE 2 and Xtreme, so I will work on the guide for those soon.

I'm in communication over a freeware release of NW, Deadly Kiss for SW, and possibly Duke!ZONE/2.

Ohh that sounds interesting :P Keep looking into it!

I don't have the VACA13.SSI, VACAPP.SSI, or VACA15.SSI files in the RAR I got.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHunter Harris, on May 12 2010, 04:11 PM, said:

I don't have the VACA13.SSI, VACAPP.SSI, or VACA15.SSI files in the RAR I got.

So you downloaded the HRP

You actually need to buy the game

User is offline   3D Master 

I have the stuff installed, however all the add-ons are now just sitting amongst each other in the eduke directory, which makes it very cluttered.

EDuke has this nifty option to look for alternate content in a folder for alternate content. DukePlus for example has its stuff in its own subdirectory. Couldn't the addons in their entirety similarly be placed in a subdirectory?

And if so; can the installer be updated to do this?

User is offline   supergoofy 

easy put the contents in a folder e.g. VACATION and then in the bat add: -jVACATION

User is offline   3D Master 

View Postsupergoofy, on May 17 2010, 04:16 AM, said:

easy put the contents in a folder e.g. VACATION and then in the bat add: -jVACATION

Heh, it isn't that easy. First, the bat file is giant amount of text. Second, the grp and hrp files have to remain in the main directory, because the bat file will look for them there. Third, this is after the fact. It requires you to navigate to the directory and then manually figure out which files belong with this addon especially if you have multiple addons installed.

Much easier if the installer simply used the directory from the start.

• Weaponized Autism

I'll make that change next time around.

User is offline   Lunick 

Duke Xtreme:
First You need to find the folder DKXTRM and copy that to the same directory where eduke is, Then In Pack14 you will find 3 ConFiles, copy them to to where eduke is again. Then Rename each confile so that DKEXDEFS.CON is now DN3DDEFS.CON, DKEXGAME.CON is now GAME.CON and DKEXUSER.CON is now DN3DUSER.CON. Then Use a Bat file
eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg
That should hopefully work

Duke!Zone2
Ok For Duke!Zone2 you need to download these Con Files http://www.mediafire.com/?jzendjio5mt
Put them in the same folder as eduke and run a bat
eduke32 -gDZ.GRP
It should work

Just thought i would post from this thread http://forums.duke4....?showtopic=2138

User is offline   Skulldog 

[quote name='Lunick' date='Jun 8 2010, 05:12 AM' post='43233']
Duke Xtreme:
First You need to find the folder DKXTRM and copy that to the same directory where eduke is, Then In Pack14 you will find 3 ConFiles, copy them to to where eduke is again. Then Rename each confile so that DKEXDEFS.CON is now DN3DDEFS.CON, DKEXGAME.CON is now GAME.CON and DKEXUSER.CON is now DN3DUSER.CON. Then Use a Bat file
eduke32.exe -jDKXTRM\PACK14 -jDKXTRM\SPMAPS -jDKXTRM\DMMAPS -cfg dkxtrm.cfg
That should hopefully work

Another way is to make a grp file with all the files in DKXTRM\PACK14 without renaming
anything. This program from ProAsm is a good one to make grp files.
http://www.proasm.com/files/XGroup.zip
eduke32.exe -gdkxtrm.grp -cfg dkxtrm.cfg

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 18 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostSkulldog, on Jul 19 2010, 10:30 AM, said:

Another way is to make a grp file with all the files in DKXTRM\PACK14 without renaming
anything. This program from ProAsm is a good one to make grp files.
http://www.proasm.com/files/XGroup.zip
eduke32.exe -gdkxtrm.grp -cfg dkxtrm.cfg

Meh, I like my way haha, thanks for making it simpler for people though

• Weaponized Autism

Could this be moved to the "Random questions, bug reports, "help me" threads and other unexciting things" forum? I still see a lot of newbies posting the same questions and making the same mistakes. Setting up a VM on 7 x64? That's just ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

• Weaponized Autism

Major update to the OP.

Changelog:
Added Duke Assault to list, with tutorial.
Added Duke Xtreme and Duke!ZONE 2 tutorials.
Split Duke!ZONE (1).
New version of Duke D.C. installer.
Minor formatting improvements.
Minor changes to Caribbean section.
Added complete listing of CDs for each add-on.
Miscellaneous improvements.

Note that I made some changes from Lunick's recommendations to follow these guidelines, namely playing nice with other mods.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 09 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHendricks266, on Aug 10 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

Major update to the OP.

Changelog:
Added Duke Assault to list, with tutorial.
Added Duke Xtreme and Duke!ZONE 2 tutorials.
Split Duke!ZONE (1).
New version of Duke D.C. installer.
Minor formatting improvements.
Minor changes to Caribbean section.
Added complete listing of CDs for each add-on.
Miscellaneous improvements.

Note that I made some changes from Lunick's recommendations to follow these guidelines, namely playing nice with other mods.

Thanks, never heard of Duke Assault and The Apocalypse 2

This post has been edited by Lunick: 09 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

User is offline   Cam 

Hi Duke Nukiums,

I have looked around the forums to try and figure out how to get Duke Caribbean working in eDuke32. None of the instructions seem applicable to what I have. My Killaton CD doesn't have VACATION.GRP or VACA13.SSI, VACAPP.SSI, or VACA15.SSI. I have attached the list of files that I do have and would be greatly appreciative of anyone who can help.

Thanks.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  files.txt (2.68K)
    Number of downloads: 1518

Mod Edit: Follow the OP, not these spoilered instructions.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 11 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCam, on Aug 18 2010, 06:11 PM, said:

Hi Duke Nukiums,

I have looked around the forums to try and figure out how to get Duke Caribbean working in eDuke32. None of the instructions seem applicable to what I have. My Killaton CD doesn't have VACATION.GRP or VACA13.SSI, VACAPP.SSI, or VACA15.SSI. I have attached the list of files that I do have and would be greatly appreciative of anyone who can help.

Thanks.

This looks strange. First off, Caribbean is not in the Kill-A-Ton collection. Second, that directory looks nothing like a reasonable CD's contents. Please open a command prompt, go to the root directory of your CD, and type:

dir /s >C:\kt_vaca.txt

Then upload kt_vaca.txt. That will allow me to add support to my setup.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 18 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

User is offline   Cam 

Thanks for the replys! Sorry about the delayed response from me, I thought I had subscribed to this topic but I hadn't. Anyway, I will try the instructions you have given. RE: my CD. I looked up the Killaton pack on the net and you are right. It's not supposed to come with Caribbean! Where the heck this CD came from I have no idea. It looks legit though! I can buy Duke from GOG but it doesn't include Caribbean unfortunately :wacko:

Anyway I will try the instructions and post the results.

• Weaponized Autism

Follow my instructions above, not Treason's. The VACATION.PRG file is the same as VACATION.GRP, and I have updated the instructions to reflect that.

User is offline   Cam 

@ Hendricks266

Thanks. I followed those instructions and it works like a charm! But now it has complicated things a bit. I have been messing around with the Duke 3D, duke plus and the HRP pack. I never would have thought, but after messing around for a while I actually missed the plain old pixelated graphics of the original game. With eDuke32 and Duke Nukem 3D it seems fairly easy to enable/disable the HRP and duke plus. My question is, is there a way to have Duke 3D, Caribbean, Nuclear Winter and Duke it out in DC configured in eDuke32 so you can enable and disable the HRP's?

Thanks for all your help!

• Weaponized Autism

If you want the 1996 renderer, set your video settings to 8-bit classic. If you want to keep the 32-bit mode's features, go into video advanced settings and turn off models and textures.

User is offline   Cam 

Ooh. So change the setting in the game's menu! I didn't think to try that! Thank you again for all your help! I'm so excited that it all works!!! It's like 1996 all over again!!! :wacko:

User is offline   Mateos 

I've Xtrem GRP but it does not want to run with EDuke32; I've Duke Zone! as CD, but the Coming soon is still here >.>

User is offline   Stabs 

I think we could hand out duke in dc, see here its been up for 1332 days, with a disclaimer here that says

If you, are the copyright holder, or an employee of the copyright holder, and you do not want any of the titles available here to be distributed, then please contact us and we will remove the link immediately.

All patents and trademarks are owned by their respective holders

I really don't think there will be a problem, that site is #7 on google search for "duke it out in dc" so you don't need to go to great lengths to track it down either, as far as i know the only way to make money on it is to sell it second hand on amazon.

Whats the worse that could happen? they tell us to take it down and we do, oh noes god forbid it could help sell more gog copies :wacko:

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMateos, on Aug 22 2010, 11:15 PM, said:

I've Xtrem GRP but it does not want to run with EDuke32; I've Duke Zone! as CD, but the Coming soon is still here >.>

Duke Xtreme

Insert your Duke Xtreme CD, Kill-a-Ton Collection Disc 3, or Duke: The Apocalypse CD into your CD-ROM drive.
Copy the DKXTRM directory from the CD to your EDuke32 directory.
In DKXTRM/PACK14, rename DKEXGAME.CON to GAME.CON, DKEXDEFS.CON to DN3DDEFS.CON, and DKEXUSER.CON to DN3DUSER.CON.
Run EDuke32 with these command line parameters: "-j DKXTRM\PACK14 -j DKXTRM\SPMAPS -j DKXTRM\DMMAPS".

Did you try doing this?

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options