Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Marya 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 17 February 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I found a wiki of our page (not done by our team) a few days ago and took the liberty of updating it. I mentioned 2.0 changes.

https://dukenukem.fa...lien_Armageddon
Yeah ,but their still not as detailed as Trooper Dan's list...or I could be wrong my attention to detail isn't very good on first glance.

Are the spider mines another reference to Starcraft? aside from the Armor used by EDF Armored troops and big pigcops and the suits on the first level of the AA episodes?

still no Organic turret? aww, oh well.

This post has been edited by Marya: 17 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostMarya, on 17 February 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yeah ,but their still not as detailed as Trooper Dan's list...or I could be wrong my attention to detail isn't very good on first glance.

Are the spider mines another reference to Starcraft? aside from the Armor used by EDF Armored troops and big pigcops and the suits on the first level of the AA episodes?

still no Organic turret? aww, oh well.

Yeah I partially modeled my spider mines off of Starcraft Vultures. There's one more reference in the hidden room in the Arcade in Metro Mayhem.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 February 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

Not fixed yet. This requires some consideration. I want the crack to be destroyed by the blast radius of the rocket even if there is no clean line of sight to it. I really want to avoid softlocks. So, I don't want the turret to just sit there next to the crack and not fire because it doesn't think it can hit the crack.

Wouldn't a simpler solution be to just allow manual detonation of the turret? If I remember correctly, they explode anyways upon destruction?

Just tried out Alien Armageddon in Caribbean. Very impressive :lol: I loved the extra details like the park map at Mr Splashy's, the mascots etc and those puffer fish were cool

Going through DC at the moment. Glad the custom soundtrack is being used.

Also, am I correct in assuming episodes 1 and 2 aren't ready yet? Cos I don't access them from the main menu My cursor goes left and right but not up or down :)

Also, it says something about an episode 4.5. What's that? Unless it's "New Invasion" cos I can't see it anywhere.

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 17 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdarkprince227, on 17 February 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Also, am I correct in assuming episodes 1 and 2 aren't ready yet? Cos I don't access them from the main menu

What do you mean?

The main menu should look like this:
Posted Image

After selecting classic episodes, and then a difficulty, the classic episode selection screen should look like this:

Posted Image

All the episodes work.

EDIT: I'm guessing you created some kind of clusterfuck install where you did not do a clean install and there are other files in the folder overwriting some of the CONs.

The cursor moves left and right but not up and down for you...so... are you not using mouselook? If the mouse is used to turn but not look that would explain it.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 17 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

View Postdarkprince227, on 17 February 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Also, it says something about an episode 4.5. What's that? Unless it's "New Invasion" cos I can't see it anywhere.

I intentionally kept 4.5 ambiguous for the Caribbean surprise. Caribbean is supposed to be a prequel to New Invasion. Now that it's released I'll probably change it.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 February 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

The cursor moves left and right but not up and down for you...so... are you not using mouselook? If the mouse is used to turn but not look that would explain it.

Yep, that was the problem. I turned it on and I can access them now. Thanks Dan :)

Looking forward to see what else you have in store!

User is offline   Marya 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 17 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Yeah I partially modeled my spider mines off of Starcraft Vultures. There's one more reference in the hidden room in the Arcade in Metro Mayhem.
No you modeled them after the Spider mine that the vulture bike deploys :)

This post has been edited by Marya: 17 February 2019 - 12:07 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

We now have a version 2.02 patch which brings the game from 2.00 to 2.02. Also, we have a 2.02 full version.

https://www.moddb.co...eddon/downloads

I will refrain from releasing any further updates for a while unless a major bug is discovered.

Here is a summary of what has been changed since 2.00 was released:

Spoiler

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

We now have a version 2.02 patch which brings the game from 2.00 to 2.02. Also, we have a 2.02 full version.

https://www.moddb.co...eddon/downloads

I will refrain from releasing any further updates for a while unless a major bug is discovered.

Here is a summary of what has been changed since 2.00 was released:

Spoiler

will this invalidate previous saves? Umm.. Does bombshell get a bikini outfit for the life's a beach episode, like that shown in the intro picture?"

User is offline   John Brown 

I'll just throw out for the record I didn't mind the bobbing crosshair but I will not mourn its loss.

I've been playing off and on the past couple days and left off at the beginning of Brown Water (just finished the secret level), I'm sticking to 2.00 out of fear of corrupting my save. I am having a blast so far. I really like the explosive shells for the shotguns. Duke's Gatling gun is my favorite weapon so far, and Shelly's upgraded pistol is my favorite for appearance. The nuke was glorious, I wiped out the house of representatives' chamber with it. I am playing on "Come Get Some" and the minibosses are pretty tough, which is good (especially the two lizard bosses after the time machine, that fight was epic). For the grunt enemies, the ceiling guys were a nasty surprise, now I always check for them.

The only problems I'm having with the mod are nitpicky stuff that I've been experiencing since 1.00, but I believe they have been mentioned already and they're really not worth complaining about. To be specific, two issues that bug me the most are: 1. reloading the handguns and reloading Shelly's M4 are two different keys, but I assume there's a reason for this; 2. Every time I load up the game, unless I load a save file, the level stats are on and huge and I have to keep shrinking them down to a reasonable size, even though every other slider seems to save just fine (volume, mouse sensitivity, etc). Again, these are both minor issues for me, and I can live my life perfectly fine if they stay how they are. The mod is just that fun.

Also, as much as I dislike Gamerâ„¢ Humorâ„¢, the arcade area in the Metro level... good stuff. Lots of great jabs in there. I enjoyed that area as much as the parody Gamestop in episode 5.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

A point of clarification about how updates and saves work: Updating the CON files does not corrupt old saves, but it does invalidate them. In other words, Eduke32 will detect that the saves are from a previous version and not allow you to load them.

So if you are in the middle of a playthrough and are using your saves, wait until you have finished before updating the CON files with the newer ones. Very little has changed since 2.00 that would have a significant impact on your experience, so it's probably not worth starting over.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 February 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

A point of clarification about how updates and saves work: Updating the CON files does not corrupt old saves, but it does invalidate them. In other words, Eduke32 will detect that the saves are from a previous version and not allow you to load them.

So if you are in the middle of a playthrough and are using your saves, wait until you have finished before updating the CON files with the newer ones. Very little has changed since 2.00 that would have a significant impact on your experience, so it's probably not worth starting over.
is this a common bug or what i forget, on the map Hell to the cheif ther's and unkillable slimer egg.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Marya: 17 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There's an egg sprite that is just used for decoration and doesn't have any code that would allow it to be destroyed. It appears in a few maps, and I don't consider it a bug. I think it's just that they put the hatched version of the sprite in the map, and it's the unhatched version that has the code.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

we should have put a scantily clad april o'neil in the turtle lair

Well, I thought the Megan Fox poster would suffice, but now that you say it.... Maybe I'll do a simple one sided babe.

User is offline   Forge 

have her tied up on the couch

User is offline   Marya 

View PostForge, on 17 February 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

have her tied up on the couch
speaking of that where's bombshells' binkini? Oh and what was the name of that maid from Sebab's game I bet you can sneak her in somewhere.

View PostMarya, on 17 February 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

speaking of that where's bombshells' binkini? Oh and what was the name of that maid from Sebab's game I bet you can sneak her in somewhere.

I considered another alternate costume for Bombshell (and Duke) but it wasn't a priority. I'd have to do all the angles again and Dan would have to do all the coding for all the sprites again which is pretty tedious.

User is offline   Marya 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 17 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I considered another alternate costume for Bombshell (and Duke) but it wasn't a priority. I'd have to do all the angles again and Dan would have to do all the coding for all the sprites again which is pretty tedious.
next update maybe. I think the maid was Kadie?

View PostMarya, on 17 February 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

next update maybe. I think the maid was Kadie?

Technically she already is. On the cover of a comic book at the center of the HoR in Capitol Punishment. That was the original inspiration for Katy the Maid (Gen13). I did put in a few easter eggs here and there from my flash game, but they have to be tamer since this is a game mod and not straight up pervy like my own flash game.

Yep, just finished the DC episode, I was not expecting the new stuff at the end, but it was pretty good (not spoiling it). All those new easter eggs, amazing. Actually as an addendum to my previous post, really my one serious problem with this mod is the AI character's Leeroy Jenkins AI, kept running in front of my weapons, but since playing solo is an option, it's not a fatal flaw as I have that alternative available.

Now I'm looking forward to that multiplayer-but-it's-single-player update. But wait, there's the Life's a Beach episode too.

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier, I never played the original DC episode with the HRP's music, I was aware of it but I just never used it. I have to say, I like their inclusion in this mod, especially the Tyrian music. Tyrian music makes everything better.

This post has been edited by John Brown: 17 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Don't underestimate the power of Jimmy's DC soundtrack. It's growing on you quite a bit after a while.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 February 2019 - 01:49 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The only music we included for DC are the original .midi files. If you are hearing the HRP version, EDuke32 must be finding them on your system and playing them for you. I think it looks in a few places for installed Duke 3D and will play oggs of the same name as the midis.

• The Truth is in here

Potential music definition issue in aauser.con:

music 6 music/DC/hailtothechief.mid music/DC/memorialservice.mid music/DC/nukedfiles.mid music/DC/smithsonianterror.mid music/DC/capitolpunishment.mid music/DC/metromayhem.mid music/DC/topsecret.mid. 
music/DC/brownwater.mid music/DC/dreadoctober.mid music/DC/nukeproof.mid 

Note the dot at the end of "topsecret.mid". I am not sure if this is an issue, but it could prevent the midi from being played ingame.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'll remove the extra dot just in case, thanks. Definitely not going to make a new patch yet though, lol.

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

I played this MOD and it is really great. In the first level, in the sewers to get the red access card, I noticed this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ventilation grid is not straight and it's the same on the other side (access to a secret room).

This post has been edited by Firefly_Trooper: 18 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 February 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

The only music we included for DC are the original .midi files. If you are hearing the HRP version, EDuke32 must be finding them on your system and playing them for you. I think it looks in a few places for installed Duke 3D and will play oggs of the same name as the midis.

All right, maybe I said the wrong thing. I said "HRP version" because I remember back in the day when Megaton was new, there were topics asking why the music was missing, as Megaton's DC episode reused the episode 3 tracks (which, to my understanding, is how it always was). The replies said that all the extra music (X-Files theme, Tyrian/Jill of the Jungle tracks, etc) were from the HRP version and that's what stuck with me for some reason. (Also imagine being a brand-new Duke player in 2013, suffering through the Smithsonian map for the first time, going online to look up videos and hearing completely different music from what was just in the game.)

I went into the Alien Armageddon folder, in music, under DC, and listened to the midi files in there, those sound like what I just heard in the mod. Top Secret's music also worked for me, if that helps anything.

Sorry for the confusion.

• The Truth is in here

Apparently the AA team decided to implement the 1.x version of my DC music replacements from back in the days. Personally I am trying to avoid those tracks by now in spite of people still considering them being official - a myth which was hard to kill, unfortunately. These tracks have always merely been a personal preference of mine, a subjective choice which somehow became semi-canonic since I made the mistake of including the music with the DukeDC HRP for a while. As fitting as my choices may (or may not) have been, it never meant that these tracks have ever been a "necessicity" to use with DukeDC.

I prefer Jimmy's 2.0 soundtrack, not only because it was a commissional effort, but also because his tracks are original while still capturing the atmosphere of my placeholder tracks. Anyway, the AA team is ofc free to choose any music they consider suitable for their needs.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 18 February 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

I played this MOD and it is really great. In the first level, in the sewers to get the red access card, I noticed this:

The ventilation grid is not straight and it's the same on the other side (access to a secret room).

It only does that in polymer. That render mode is not recommended for this TC.

I fixed them anyway & they'll show up in some future patch.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options