Duke4.net Forums: Anyone interested in an album? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone interested in an album?

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

Update: I met Jon St. John at lunch at the convention today, My son and I were sitting at a round table with extra chairs when he and his manager said, "Can we join you?" I thought he was doing it intentionally, so I invited him to sit. I stood up and said that my first handshake with him had to be standing.

He looked at me and said, "Who are you?"

Everything got eventually sorted out, with introductions done. He even wound up eating my son's nachos, since they put too much cheese on his and made them mushy. My son's were crunchy, so he offered to trade. The two of them hit it off like old pals.

He invited me to sit at his autograph booth and sell the extra autographed CDs I'd brought. (I thought he was just going to give them away.) I sold 3 at $20 each. The rest went with Jon - he's going to donate them to a charity auction, where they'll get some PR, I hope.

Hard physically to keep up with, but worth the chance. Besides, my son was there in case I collapsed or something. Not bad. Plus, I got to play Bosconian again! :(

• Composer

BLACK FRIDAY EVENT 2018

On Friday, November 23rd, Calibrations goes on sale at Bandcamp! You'll be able to purchase individual tracks for $1, or buy the entire album for $10! Special Bandcamp-only album bonuses include high-resolution pictures of the album artwork and liner notes, plus a free copy of The Cyber Den Theme! Also, you'll be able to download the album tracks in lossless WAV, AIFF, or FLAC formats!

I'll announce the Bandcamp link sometime after Midnight CST, most likely. Grab your copy this Friday morning!

• Composer

Calibrations is now up on Bandcamp! Here's the link:

https://leejackson1....um/calibrations

Grab your copy today, and please spread the word!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Listening to Beehive makes me want to play ROTT again. :rolleyes:

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostLee Jackson, on 28 July 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Everything got eventually sorted out, with introductions done.

Please forgive my ignorance (and the belated reaction to your post), but does this imply that you had not met Jon St. John before, or simply that he did not recognise you?

• Composer

View PostMrFlibble, on 25 November 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

Please forgive my ignorance (and the belated reaction to your post), but does this imply that you had not met Jon St. John before, or simply that he did not recognise you?

We had never met before.

I still find it hilarious that you were able to get Havana Smooth on the Rise of the Triad soundtrack despite Joe Siegler's disdain for Drum Corps music....

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLee Jackson, on 28 November 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

We had never met before.

You're still a legend. Let's redo DNF 2001 in UE4 and slap your music on it. At least, I can dream.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Duke Nukem never met the man who made his theme song... That is so bizarre.

I feel like their would be a humorous short meta-comic about that. If only Stan Lee were alive, he'd know the words...

• Composer

I've got some more new music for you, although it's not Duke-related. It's my first jazz/funk fusion instrumental, and it's available on CD Baby as a digital single for 99 cents. The title is, "What It Shall Be," and it's available at this link:

https://store.cdbaby...cd/leejackson12

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The preview sample sounds great! Just picked it up on CD Baby! Quite well mixed and balanced too. It's really hard to tell that it's all "in the box" synth sounds. Especially the guitar at 3:38!

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

Somehow the last few seconds of the preview reminded me of this:

• Composer

The 96KHz/24-bit version of "What It Shall Be" is up on Bandcamp! Grab it here for a dollar:

https://leejackson1....z-24bit-version

• Composer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

The preview sample sounds great! Just picked it up on CD Baby! Quite well mixed and balanced too. It's really hard to tell that it's all "in the box" synth sounds. Especially the guitar at 3:38!

Thanks - this one had a lot of blood, toil, tears, and sweat put into it, to evoke Winston Churchill. It's one of the most complex mastering jobs I've ever had to do. I had some great input on the mastering from Scott Tobin, the guy who does the "Composers Play" interviews. BTW, I'm doing another interview with him on Monday over Shadow Warrior!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Shadow Warrior? Interesting! Is that about modernized versions of the MIDIs of the old SW (there weren't that many, though) or a project for a new game?

User is offline   Mark 

I listened to the full Bandcamp demo version. For my computer sound system and ears it was a very fine mix. I wouldn't have changed a thing. No brassy highs or muddy lows. I would have liked to hear a more upfront and aggressive keyboard in the middle 1/3 of the song. Something like the ELP or Deep Purple sound. But still, quite enjoyable.

User is offline   Malgon 

Just listened to the track once through and then purchased it. Great work as always, Lee! :)

Edit: Wow, 118MB for one track! I guess it's to be expected when it's 96KHz/24-bit.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 13 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Awesome unused track from Shadow Warrior:

Yes, I absolutely love the unused MIDIs from the leaked beta, I think I first listened to this and Pyroclastic Flow (which is IIRC the title of the other one) because they were included with either JFSW or ProASM's SWP, I believe even with the option to play them in-game.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options