Duke4.net Forums: Anyone interested in an album? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone interested in an album?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I would if I wasn't so broke right now. :)

User is offline   Lunick 

That's probably the right price for a Collector's Piece but I think my partner would get mad at me if I spent that much on a CD. $50 is a huge jump from $13 especially when converted to AUD.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I'll take one, provided you ship to Germany. I would pay shipping and handling even if it was twice as expensive as the CD itself. I'd have to go to the customs to pick it (which is a quite annoying process), but hell, it'd be worth it!

(I know, I am crazy.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

Please note that I’ll be doing this via eBay, if I do it at all – I can’t pre-reserve right now. I’ll make sure to announce it first on the Duke4.net forum, though, so watch here for word of the sale!

• The Truth is in here

Fair enough, then. My ears (and wallet) are ready whenever you are!

• Composer

The digital version of Calibrations is now available for pre-order on Amazon! https://tinyurl.com/yccnkosw

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostLee Jackson, on 22 March 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

The digital version of Calibrations is now available for pre-order on Amazon! https://tinyurl.com/yccnkosw

You can also preview the tracks, Beehive sounds great

Will the album be released on Bandcamp? :)

• Composer

View PostCryptKiller, on 22 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Will the album be released on Bandcamp? :)

I keep hearing about this. What's the advantage to releasing on Bandcamp?

User is offline   Hank 

^ the following is a one side opinion :)
A. Amazon does not use PayPal, and I don't do credit cards. Thus, I actually will buy your album if on Bandcamp.
B. Exposure. Amazon is huge, sure, but Bandcamp caters to independent artists. Guys like me, looking for something new, hang out there almost every day.

This post has been edited by Hank: 22 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Bandcamp is probably the most user-facing and friendly of any music storefront. It also provides lossless download options.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

With Bandcamp there's no middle-man between you and your money. Your customers pay you directly and Bandcamp just gets a small percentage cut as part of the transaction. But otherwise it goes directly to you. They don't pay the store and then the store pays you out once profit reaches a certain threshold like everywhere else does. I've never seen any money from CD Baby, iTunes, etc. But what little money I've made I've gotten instantly from sales on Bandcamp. It's just a really good indie artist platform. No mass distribution or anything, but it's simple and you get your money right away. Used in conjunction with CDBaby and its mass digital/physical/streaming distribution options, it's a great tool.

And yes, the lossless download option is a godsend to me.

View PostHank, on 22 March 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

^ the following is a one side opinion :)
A. Amazon does not use PayPal, and I don't do credit cards. Thus, I actually will buy your album if on Bandcamp.
B. Exposure. Amazon is huge, sure, but Bandcamp caters to independent artists. Guys like me, looking for something new, hang out there almost every day.

CDBaby supports Paypal, which is what he's using.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

• Composer

Okay, well, let me say this - I've got something I have to do that precludes me from turning around and doing another distro right now. Once it's over and I've had a chance to recover my health, I'll consider a Bandcamp release, complete with the lossless option.

User is offline   Hank 

Just in case ... :)
My previous post was meant for encouraging using Bandcamp on your future albums.
(Now, I'm waiting to get your eBay special.)

All the best.

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostLunick, on 21 March 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

According to Jake the Voice, the 3 other tracks are called Beehive, Fish Waltz and Spicewood.

So It's Green is not there... I was expecting that.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 23 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

• Composer

View PostNancsi, on 23 March 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

So It's Green is not there... I was expecting that.

No, It's Green isn't there, sorry. There is a rather terrible interview, however. I'm no good at giving interviews. But, I committed to the idea, asked Jake to ask me the questions, and I followed through on it, regardless of how bad I was. There was simply no other place to explain this stuff.

BTW, if you see a track named "Lee Jackson," that's supposed to be "Lee Jackson Interview." CD Baby screwed that up somehow and is in the process of fixing it with their partners. Might not be fixed by release day.

User is offline   Malgon 

Looking forward to getting a CD, and the signed CD sounds like a neat idea if you do decide to go ahead with it. All the best, Lee!

• Composer

The signed CD will be available through eBay Monday morning, March 26th, at 9:00 CDT. I set up the sale to automatically start at that time, which means that I don't have a link for you yet. However, if you get onto the Music area and do a search for something containing part of "Signed and numbered CDs of Calibrations by Lee Jackson", you should find it. You'll probably beat me to the listing. Once it's online, make sure you take care of shipping and customs if you're outside of the United States.

I won't be getting my cardboard CD mailer boxes until Wednesday evening, so the earliest anything will ship will be Friday (I have an operations scheduled on Thursday).

Thank you to anyone considering buying one of the collector's edition discs!

• The Truth is in here

The price will be fixed or it's gonna be an auction? In the latter case, I think the chances to obtain a copy will be next to zero... (But I guess it won't be like that since you would ship it that early.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

• Composer

View PostNightFright, on 26 March 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

The price will be fixed or it's gonna be an auction? In the latter case, I think the chances to obtain a copy will be next to zero... (But I guess it won't be like that since you would ship it that early.)

The price is fixed at $50 USD per copy.

• Composer

Little screwup - the auction will go live at 9:15 a.m. CDT.

• The Truth is in here

I am still not able to see it, I am afraid... unless I have two really huge tomatoes on my eyes right now... :S

*EDIT*
Nevermind, the tomatoes just disappeared. It's some kind of magic!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

• Composer

View PostNightFright, on 26 March 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

I am still not able to see it, I am afraid... unless I have two really huge tomatoes on my eyes right now... :S

https://www.ebay.com...j4AAOSwCxdauGux

This should get you there, with international shipping (bit of a snafu setting it up).

• The Truth is in here

Thanks a lot! I was successful in the meantime, looks like it took almost 30 minutes before the offer would actually pop up in the search results - at least for me. Seems like I was the first to buy, anyway. ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

I'm assuming Fish Waltz is the french bistro music you talked about last year after World Tour came out:

Lee Jackson said:

Paris Manson is based off of an experiment in writing french bistro music for accordions (the original accordion line is still there as a countermelody—it's backwards, though). I'm considering releasing the original experiment, since it works as bistro music even though it failed as level music. That'll happen MUCH later, if I ever do release it.

Also, a nice nod to fishpolka.mid from ROTT.

Edit: Also, judging from the samples, my guess is that Beehive is an older track, and Spicewood is the new one.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 26 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Just ordered a signed copy. Thanks for this opportunity, Lee. Dopefish Lives!

View PostDoom64hunter, on 26 March 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Edit: Also, judging from the samples, my guess is that Beehive is an older track, and Spicewood is the new one.

Yeah, Beehive was once known as KICKSOME.MID.

• Composer

View PostHendricks266, on 26 March 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Just ordered a signed copy. Thanks for this opportunity, Lee. Dopefish Lives!

You are more than welcome!

Yeah, Beehive was once known as KICKSOME.MID.

It was a very unfinished piece under that name. It is now VERY finished.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostLee Jackson, on 26 March 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

It was a very unfinished piece under that name. It is now VERY finished.

Once the album is released, could be see KICKSOME.mid just like how It's Green was released? :)

• Composer

View PostLunick, on 26 March 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Once the album is released, could be see KICKSOME.mid just like how It's Green was released? :)

Err ... I don't know. I'm still wondering how the original MIDI filename made it outside to the public. Just curious.

• Weaponized Autism

To make a long story short, TerminX and I have worked with 3DR to look through portions of data from old development hard drives and backups. Some old prototype builds of various games naturally have WIP music in them, and I recognized Beehive from what I've heard.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options