Duke4.net Forums: Tile range for HRP projection maps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tile range for HRP projection maps

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

So what would be a good sugestion for a range of tile numbers to use.

I am think about "reserving" around 1000 tiles for projection maps and any other possible future effects that might requier tiles.

What ranges are known to be used by mods and user maps that would make sense to play with the HRP?

I have currently started adding them from 8000-8999. Only one so far though.

So any sugestions? Any range that somehow makes more sense then 8000-8999 or is it allready used by any major mod/map?

Maybe it would be better to start at 10000.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

10000 is a good number, but I think Duke Plus is also using a high value for something as well, im not sure on the numbers atm.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Ever since I added the new weapons (over a year ago now) Duke Plus has been using various tiles in the 8000-9000 range, because it was completely safe to do so. The point was to avoid any conflicts with user art, so that DP would be compatible with as many maps and add-ons as possible.

EDIT: I hate the whole tile number system.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 19 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

User is offline   lycanox 

View PostParkar, on May 19 2009, 06:48 PM, said:

Maybe it would be better to start at 10000.

When I made a typo in the tile number for another texture.
I noticed that if you define a texture to 15356. It replaces the nuke animation at startup with the defined picture rotated counter clockwise.

I haven't tried other numbers. But I suspect there may be more in that range that influence the game.

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

View PostDeeperThought, on May 19 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

Ever since I added the new weapons (over a year ago now) Duke Plus has been using various tiles in the 8000-9000 range, because it was completely safe to do so. The point was to avoid any conflicts with user art, so that DP would be compatible with as many maps and add-ons as possible.

EDIT: I hate the whole tile number system.

Sounds like 9000-9999 or 7000-7999 might be a good range to put the HRP stuff then. Unless we pack both the HRP and Duke Plus into the same 8000-8999.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostParkar, on May 19 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

Sounds like 9000-9999 or 7000-7999 might be a good range to put the HRP stuff then. Unless we pack both the HRP and Duke Plus into the same 8000-8999.

I would go with the higher number because even 7000 is not safe.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options