Duke4.net Forums: Sebabdukeboss20 Enemies Ready for EDuke32 Projects - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sebabdukeboss20 Enemies Ready for EDuke32 Projects

User is offline   Mark 

I played it over and over. I can't make out what it says.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark., on 02 March 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

I played it over and over. I can't make out what it says.

At the beginning of the video you hear the tail end of the line "You've got a lot of guts, let's see what they look like." (I didn't press record in time). Later it says "I've got balls of steel." The lines are distorted versions of Duke one-liners.

User is offline   Mark 

I know a guy that does a great Arnold impression. Maybe I could get him to record some lines.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark., on 02 March 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

I know a guy that does a great Arnold impression. Maybe I could get him to record some lines.

But it's the DUKEinator, not the terminator :) I just took some of Duke's lines and ran them through a mechanizing filter. They are more understandable in game.

To me, hearing a robot Duke voice say "I've got balls of steel" is funny, but I'm not sure about an Arnold voice. That might be too literal, like just copying everything about the terminator instead of using it as inspiration.

User is offline   Mark 

I understand. My intention was not to have my friend do lines from the Terminator movies. Just do custom lines with the Arnold voice which could have been mechanized if needed.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark., on 02 March 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

I understand. My intention was not to have my friend do lines from the Terminator movies. Just do custom lines with the Arnold voice which could have been mechanized if needed.

Cool. Well, here are the lines that Dukeinator is currently using (obviously different ones could be added):

I could do this all day.
I've got balls of steel.
You've got a lot of guts, let's see what they look like.
My gun's bigger than yours.
It hurts to be you.
Life's a bitch and then YOU die.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 February 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Test of new strippers with multi-angled dance animations by sebabdukeboss20

She supports hitag respawns and has both a regular and stayput version. She can walk or run around as well, just like the earlier female civilian, and has a death animation.

EDIT: I have updated the video since first posting

The smoothness of the animation and the resolution of the sprite captures gives me a real Redneck Rampage vibe! Not a bad thing.

These NPC additions are awesome.

View Poststumppy84, on 11 February 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

I hope we see these in the DNF 2013 update!

Oh! You know this reminds me, sebabduke if you're not totally milked out of ideas, one guy that could use a full sprite sheet are the janitors from DNF 2013, and maybe the Lady Killer Waitress/stewardesses.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 02 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

About Lizmila Pavlizenko: her projectile seem to have incorrect spawn point (it can be seen from F7 view). If you argee, I can correct that and move relative spawn point to the left a little.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMere_Duke, on 02 March 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

About Lizmila Pavlizenko: her projectile seem to have incorrect spawn point (it can be seen from F7 view). If you argee, I can correct that and move relative spawn point to the left a little.

If you have a PROJ_OFFSET number for the projectile to fix it, that would be great. If you propose a hack to move her position when firing, then I would rather not, or if it comes to that I'll use my own code for it later.

I propose a function to move not an actor itself, but its spawned projectile. (Set relative coordinates of a projectile, "eshoot", convert relative to absolute, and then set those absolute as new.)
I don't like proj_offset because it doesn't allow to move a projectile forward-backward.
It would be also great to change an angle at which she shoots randomly (give a little random component to it depending on the distance to player).

Could you also explain why did you move actor to change z while you can easily change coordinates of projectile using "eshoot"? Moving actor is very useful at times when you call "guts" or "debris", but not here...

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 02 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMere_Duke, on 02 March 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Could you also explain why did you move actor to change z while you can easily change coordinates of projectile using "eshoot"? Moving actor is very useful at times when you call "guts" or "debris", but not here...

If it's a projectile that auto-aims at the player (which is usually desirable when fired by an enemy), the auto-aim trajectory is determined when it is fired. So, if you fire it, and then move it vertically, its vertical aim at the player will be incorrect.

Second, if the projectile is hitscan (for example, the railgun shot fired by Lizmila which we were just discussing), then it hits instantaneously. There is actually no projectile you can move -- the SHOTSPARK1 sprite spawned at the impact point isn't even what does damage.

Ah, I missed that it's a hitscan. Because hitscan projectiles are usually invisible. Tested is with god mode on. You're right then, need to move actor to change projectile coords.
PS Horiz angle should be changed as well, because for a hitscan the relative angle is a zero but should be a little negative value to point it to the head or chest.

As for the LIZBOSS, it's perfect.

As for the PIGBOSS, I want to suggest 2 things:
1) when he hammers his stick, it should deal damage to nearest enemies (or probably to the closest one, say, Liztroop that was unlucky to come that close);
2) those not-hitscan projectiles (morters) should spawn a little more to the left (here is the actual actor to deal with); yes, it also means you need to change horizontal angle.

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 03 March 2018 - 04:30 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options