Duke4.net Forums: Shane's Live Instrument Duke 3D Soundtrack Covers [WIP] - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shane's Live Instrument Duke 3D Soundtrack Covers [WIP]

User is offline   Shane 

Hello, everyone! I'm Shane. I'm new here. You might know me from my Doom music project, and you've probably guessed it: this is a similar project for Duke Nukem 3D.

This started off because I wanted to give Nuclear Winter a similar treatment to the Doom tracks I've been working on to celebrate the holidays.

For those who aren't familiar and don't want to read another topic to get the gist of this one, the focus of my music packs are to be accurate recordings of the original soundtracks performed on real instruments and high quality synthesizers. I basically want high quality recordings of the original songs.

These are not remixes. Other than occasionally changing an instrument in a song when I feel the original choice either sounds ridiculous or is impossible, the tracks are not rewritten in any capacity.

With that out of the way, here are the downloads:

Duke Nukem 3D:
Not done yet.

Duke It Out in D.C.:
Not done yet.

Duke: Nuclear Winter1:
OGG (18.42 MB)
FLAC (124.57 MB)

Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach2:
OGG (15.13 MB)
FLAC (111.31 MB)

Previews
(Try before you buy!)
Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach
Duke: Nuclear Winter

OGGs are saved at Quality 4 for a more portable size. FLACs are at compression factor 5.

Feel free to comment, critique, love, hate, whatever. I hope you guys find this useful. If you use any tracks, please credit me, Shane Strife and don't forget the original composers somewhere in there. Enjoy.

Thanks to Hendricks266 for naming my thread for me. :D

Notes:
1These tracks are intended to be used with Hendricks266's Nuclear Winter +.
2These tracks are intended to be used with Hendricks266's Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach +.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 21 June 2019 - 12:54 PM
Reason for edit: Updated the post

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hey Shane! Great to see you here as well, dear! :D

Got one question about your intended soundtrack for Duke It Out In D.C.: You are aware of the fact that this addon originally did not have any custom soundtrack on its own, right? If you want to make new versions based on Jimmy's commission-based tracks, you shall have my blessing as far as I am concerned (and as far as I have actually anything to say regarding that matter). Just keep in mind to mention that this is not meant to be any "official" soundtrack, but composed from scratch by Jimmy based on directions given by yours truly.

Other than that, good luck with this project! Judging from the quality of your Doom soundtracks, "dis gon b gud"! ;)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

I just tried the soundtrack with NW_Plus. I was very impressed :D

Fitted very well, I think, and I was singing along whenever I knew the words, hopefully not butchering it too much.

User is offline   Shane 

View PostNightFright, on 02 January 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Hey Shane! Great to see you here as well, dear! ;)

Got one question about your intended soundtrack for Duke It Out In D.C.: You are aware of the fact that this addon originally did not have any custom soundtrack on its own, right? If you want to make new versions based on Jimmy's commission-based tracks, you shall have my blessing as far as I am concerned (and as far as I have actually anything to say regarding that matter). Just keep in mind to mention that this is not meant to be any "official" soundtrack, but composed from scratch by Jimmy based on directions given by yours truly.

Other than that, good luck with this project! Judging from the quality of your Doom soundtracks, "dis gon b gud"! B)

Hey, NightFright! Thanks for checking out! Yes. That was my intent, thanks for granting permission! I was going to ask you after recording, so I'll send them your way to make sure you like how they sound before finishing them off! I'm glad you're liking what I'm working on! :)

View Postdarkprince227, on 02 January 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

I just tried the soundtrack with NW_Plus. I was very impressed :dukecigar:

Fitted very well, I think, and I was singing along whenever I knew the words, hopefully not butchering it too much.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :wub:

User is offline   Shane 

Happy summer, everyone! To start your vacations off right, I present the Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach pack!

As with Nuclear Winter, this pack is meant to be used with Hendricks266's Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach +. Check the first post if you're looking for the FLAC version or previews of the tracks!

Ready your sun lotion, get your squirt guns loaded, and enjoy your summer!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Chrome is blocking the downloads. Would you consider posting a google drive link?

User is offline   Shane 

View PostGaydar, on 21 June 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Chrome is blocking the downloads. Would you consider posting a google drive link?

Sure. I can do that!

https://drive.google...VF0c228VFXDcGrq

I'm not sure why Google is blocking my site. That's weird. I'll have to look into it!

This post has been edited by Shane: 21 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   Shane 

Happy Independence Day! Get ready to rescue the president with the Duke It out in D.C. pack!

Made with the blessings of NightFright and Jimmy, this is a live recording of the Duke It out in D.C. MIDI Pack!

Load this up after the DukeDC HRP and save D.C.!

This post has been edited by Shane: 04 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's a Shane I cannot listen to it right away since I am away from my PC till Monday. Will post my comments early next week, but I am sure it's gonna be amazing!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options