Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX was featured on RockPaperShotgun

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Some well-deserved exposure here:
https://www.rockpape...-mod-for-blood/

The other notable reason to bring up Death Wish now is the recent release of BloodGDX. For the longest time, there has been no Blood equivalent to GZDoom or eDuke32 – no source port to allow us to experience the game outside of the confines of awkward DOS emulation. No longer. Reverse-engineered from early alpha builds of the game, BloodGDX is still a work-in-progress, but already the best way to experience Blood.

Better still, BloodGDX is compatible with almost every level and mod released for Blood, although Death Wish pushes the engine so hard that two maps (a minor issue in E2M1, and a larger one in E2M8) are a little glitchy at present. Not unplayable, but uglier than it should be. BloodGDX’s developer says he’s working on those issues now, but aside from those two maps misbehaving a little the entire campaign is best experienced this way.

You can grab Death Wish here, Blood from GOG, and the BloodGDX engine right here. While still imperfect, I highly recommend the source-port as the best way to play. If nothing else, it makes mouse controls vastly smoother and more consistent, and comes bundled with some extra voxel models to add a little more detail to the world without spoiling the DOS-era aesthetic.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Seems like the author might be reading in this forum :rolleyes:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSonicB00M, on 07 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Seems like the author might be reading in this forum :rolleyes:

Likely but anyway it's great that some good outlets like the PC-focused RPS likes to give information about source ports and great user created content like Death Wish. It can really help the community as Blood was in the "oh, there's no source port so I won't play it" category for a lot people.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostZaxx, on 07 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

"oh, there's no source port so I won't play it"

Yeah, but now they saying "oh, there's Java source port so I won't play it" :rolleyes:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 07 November 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Yeah, but now they saying "oh, there's Java source port so I won't play it" :rolleyes:

But that's something they actually just say. :excl:

User is offline   Newken 

I wonder if Jace Hall is aware of BloodGDX. :rolleyes:

User is offline   m210® 

I think, he's know, because I tried to message him in LinkedIn, but he just added me to friends and didn't answer :rolleyes: Its strange)

User is offline   Newken 

Maybe he can't talk about BloodGDX to avoid some legal issues. :rolleyes:

User is offline   dmg_64 

What's the Big fuss for Java about ? It works right ? why are people being so nitpicky and ready to ignore all the improvements that BloodGDX brought just because it's running on Java ?

This post has been edited by dmg_64: 08 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

They just fear they will get free viruses because of using Java.

View PostSonicB00M, on 07 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Seems like the author might be reading in this forum :excl:

The dude who wrote this follows BloodGDX for quite some time, he also wrote some neat articles about Doom and Quake mods. So yeah, he visits us. Hi Dominic! :rolleyes:

User is offline   malvado 

I sent gggmanlives a message about BloodGDX on youtube. Hopefully some time he'll do a review of it like he did BloodCM :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options