[RELEASE] Hollywood Holocaust Rethinked

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Hollywood Holocaust Reloaded Rethinked

IT'S OUT!

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

ModDB Page: http://www.moddb.com...caust-rethinked

NEW AREAS - NEW MONSTERS - NEW PROPS

They said "it couldn't be done". Some even said "it shouldn't be done". Cries of "Blasphemy" echoed through the empty halls of the Polymer wing of the Duke Community Institute. Laughing into the face of indifference, Team Misfit, forged in adversity, embarked on a vision of what Hollywood Holocaust could have looked like if computers had more RAM and per-pixel lighting back in the mid 90's...A bold revision of what could have been. This is the result. Remastered with next-generation assets, new areas and featuring a cast of millions of polygons, HHR will thrill you, chill you and possibly even fulfill you.
It’s Hollywood Holocaust, but not as we know it.

Duke Nukem is shot down over Los Angles and lands in the middle of an alien takeover. Where are all the hot chicks, and what have the aliens got planned for them? Even Duke is going to need a wide-fit boot to kick all the asses he’ll need to save the citizens of LA from the ravening alien horde.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

The following are entirely innocent of any wrong-doing and have been coerced into assisting Team Misfit:
CGPhantom, MegerDoy, Clint Basinger, Mblackwell

Technical Notes:
HHR requires Polymer. Due to improvements and bug fixes made recently by Hendricks 266, we also require that you play with the latest version of EDuke32 (6428). There is a bug with doors, where you have to step back from a door once it's opened to progress through it. This bug should be fixed in later versions, but for now, you need to play with this version.

Although many old and creaky models have been replaced from the HRP, the brief of the project was not a complete refresh of the HRP. Some models remain that have not been revamped. Revisions have been made to reduce the impact of older assets, but with the size of the team we had, it would take another year to replace everything.

You (of course) will need to copy your Duke3D.grp file over to the project folder. Do not mix this mod in with other mods or expansions. If your computer implodes into a black hole, we won't be responsible.

The level has music, but due to the amount of ambient and local sounds, it has been disabled.

Instructions:
Unzip HHR.zip into a clean folder
Add in your Duke3D.GRP file into that folder
Click Eduke32.exe to run the game
Make sure you check the Polymer box
Configure your controls from the menu and you're ready to play

HHR is designed to run in 32 bit and Polymer. Anything other than that will run but not look right and some features may not work.

If you are having frame rate issues there is an option to enable a feature to shut off Polymer lighting not in the immediate vicinity of the player. It causes some flickering of distant lights as you move around but it does help to keep the map playable. This feature is turned on and off with the backspace key.

• Polymancer

Spoiler

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Holy moly! When's the release?

P.s. Mark has a lot more hair than I was led to believe.

User is online   Mark 

Very soon MickyC. TM is finishing the closing cutscene and I'm doing some last minute model skin tweaking. Then we should be good to go. Remember to look for the usual jab at you. It's in there. :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 22 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   BoowHow 

Now that looks awesome!
Too bad my crap Laptop will not be able to play it when it's released.

• Polymancer

View PostMicky C, on 22 August 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

P.s. Mark has a lot more hair than I was led to believe.

Photoshop :)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Will definitely try this out when it's released !

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It was a blast to test this, and I am so excited to see the final thing released. Posted Image

User is offline   Paul B 

I should hope you guys know where you can host the download: http://www.dukemaps.net

This post has been edited by Paul B: 22 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Sweet!

User is offline   axl 

Looks great !

Very very cool, looks badass! And adding strippers to Hollywood Holocaust is good, adding strippers to anything is good

User is online   Phredreeke 

Rethinked? Shouldn't that be rethought?

(that said, it looks good)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 24 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   NNC 

I hope the original author will rethink this map with the originally planned bank and bridge... that won't happen soon, but hope dies last.

This one I'm not interested in at all, but keep up the good work.

User is online   Mark 

When it came time to think of a name for the project, naturally Reloaded came up. Since that project was officially killed we thought about hijacking the name. Then we came up with a couple more alternatives. As a joke I mentioned Rethinked and made this as part of the title. As time went by we didn't think much more about the project name. We just stayed with Rethinked. Bad grammer but we liked it. :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: atomic.png

This post has been edited by Mark.: 24 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

• Polymancer

A bit of humour here and there is very DN3D.

User is offline   max_nukem 

Looks great!
It's very unexpected!
We are waiting!

This post has been edited by max_nukem: 25 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

• Polymancer

ModDB page is up.
Posted Image

User is offline   ---- 

This looks awesome.

Looking forward to the release.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Looks awesome enough to receive a C&D order! :)

I was hoping something like this would be done. I was actually hoping someone would recreate the map in Unreal or another engine and release it just to satisfy everyone who wanted to play Duke3D: Reloaded, but this'll do the job I think.

User is offline   ---- 

Where do I have to pay for all five (six including the secret level) levels of the first episode in this style?

User is online   Mark 

If a few members of the team didn't drop out we might have had the time and ambition to do at least Red Light District too. At one time I had the ending of HH at the elevator that starts the next map for a smooth transition. But plans changed. :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Well, maybe the result sparks interest in more people to work on it, or others are coming back. One can hope, can't he?

I have no skills for mapping in mapster and am busy with my own games, unfortunately.

• Polymancer

Mark made this as a comparison as to how things have changed. Seeing the cinema seats is (as they say over here) 'gobsmacking'.

• Polymancer

Bump: we've hit the streets baby!

Posted Image

Download links in the first post.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the instructions say to drop my duke3d.grp file into the directory with it - so what's the included duke3d.grp file for?

• Polymancer

Oops. We'll fix that.

Thanks for the heads up!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 28 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

Could someone upload a walkthrough? I really want to play it, but neither I, nor my brother, have a computer capable of running it... and together we have four desktops, and two laptops... All of them suck...

• Polymancer

We'll do a complete walkthrough with secrets and stuff after a few days. I'll also be posting up some high-def renders of the props and critters.

Oh, Download has been fixed.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options